Thread: Custom Made Donkey Kong Competition Cart and Star Fox Super Weekend Carts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Custom Made Donkey Kong Competition Cart and Star Fox Super Weekend Carts

Heres a little project i have been working on and am thrilled to say is finally finished! These are REPRODUCTIONS of the Very Rare Donkey Kong Competition Cartridge and The Star Fox Super Weekend Cart. They both play exactly like the originals Except with a big time makeover lol.

For those of you who do not know ........the DK comp Cart and Star Fox Super Weekend Cart were the Rare Blockbuster Exclusive Carts only available if you got them from a store, plus i believe you might have been able to order them from Nintendo Power back in the day. The normal carts normally fetch over $300 a piece and are very Rare.

Anyways since these are reproductionss i wanted to make them totally different than the originald so no one would think of copies or anything like that, so i custom painted the carts myself. (My dad owns a Auto body shop so i was able to use the best of the best paints and supplies) I painted the DK Cart Banana Yellow and The Back of the Cart like a Jungle Green. And the Star Fox was painted a Metallic Dark Blue. They were applied with RM Automotive paint and covered in a base coat clear coat application, which is some of the best paint there is. Wont chip or anything. They came out great and defintly a Unique set of carts to add to the collection and i wanted to share with everyone how they came out.

And last but certainly not least the Real Thanks and brains behind making the reproductions was my good buddy Quan (ShadowKn55). Hes a genious when it comes to homebrewing and the work he put into the cart was insane. like 7 EPROMS and about 100 wires were ran to make the carts play. Thanks again Dude. And also Dan (OCDSteeldor) Got me the label scans from his personally owned real copies of both of these carts, and a big thanks goes out to him as well. Thanks again guys!

Enjoy !

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very nice

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I love the blue you used for the Star Fox. Very spiffy.

Edit: You know before now I never noticed that there were different snes cartridge shapes. Did you choose those specifically? Or just happened that way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys thanks for the comments. I actually never planned to use 2 different cart tops, but the common sports games i destroyed were different on top, and i was like """hmmmmm guess it would be cool to have em both different too lol, i hope it doesnt make a difference whenever i get the star fox guts from shadowKn55 lol, im still waiting for them but already made a cart ready......... for when it gets here. Thats why i dont have a pic of it in action yet, i will though when i get it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the Starfox cart was originally a sports game, you'll have to cut holes for the extra Super FX pins on the cart connector.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Very nice.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29