Thread: Projection or Laser, Who wants to see it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Projection or Laser, Who wants to see it?

Ok folks I have said every year that I want to chase down the resources for putting up either a Live Projection (as in on the wall) or a Live Laser game.

Well I now have a free 3K projector that is donated to the show. This could be used in either the museum or the floor. Anyone have a 2600 to connect to it? Just kidding I know we have a few of those floating around. Seriously though, how about a list of systems and games to see the wall? I was reintroduced to four-player Warlords at the party and this will have to be one of the choices. But the 2600 is not the only thing out there. We'll need a pair of BIG speakers too!

Now about the laser,, it's going to be a PIA one way or the other. Water cooling, electrical, required variances. Just a PIA. But still cool. How many people want a laser at the show? We need to plan this early if it is going to happen. And seeing how I don't actually have a system, the earlier the better.
    - v

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chris,
    If you could figure out a way to have a vectrex control the lazer, that would be cool!
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Zektor board can control a laser and there is a Vectrex emulator out there for it somewhere. There was a website up that showed how to do this a few years ago.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can take or leave the Giant Laser. Unless you're going to mount it on the moon and call it the Alan Parsons Project.

Now, the giant projected 2600 on the other hand, AWESOME. If I might make a recommendation straight outta my own game room: get an old Radio Shack reverb to run the sound through - that'll expand it into spacey, echo-y stereo surround befitting a GIANT FREAKIN' 2600 GAME ON THE WALL.

Drop me a line if you want some pointers on this - I use a setup like this (meaning the sound, not the GIANT FREAKIN' 2600 GAME ON THE WALL, that is) in my own game room and it's quite a bit of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I technically have the laser... It's almost identical to the color MAME laser that was at CA Extreme a few years ago. They had an Innova 90 (4-6 watts of whitelight output), mine is an Innova 70 (2-3 watts of whitelight)... Thing is, I got it 'surplus', and I don't have a 3-phase power connection at the house, so I've never been able to power it up and see if it even works...

Still need the scanners and controlling system though...

Rik