1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Default Some Xbox 360 questions.

All right, so I'm getting my Elite next week. Anxiously looking forward to playing some King of Fighters and Street Fighter online.

Anyway, I have a couple questions about the 360 though.

How do I post my GamerCard? I copy and paste the HTML and it just shows up as text on MySpace, and on my sig here (Though I read HTML isn't allowed yet I see others with their gamercard in their signatures. How?)

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Cloud121D" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Cloud121D</iframe>

That's all I get.

My next question is about the HDD. We all know that out of the 20/120GB, 7GB is already partitioned, so that means 13/113GB is usable. I read somewhere it's possible to get that back. If so, how do I go about doing it?

Oh and, in regards to the memory card. I'll be buying a 512MB card shortly after as well. However, is it possible to transfer Xbox saves between consoles? I'm thinking due to the emulation requiring the HDD, no, but I'm just curious.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes you can transfer gamesaves, im pretty sure

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud121 View Post
    How do I post my GamerCard? I copy and paste the HTML and it just shows up as text on MySpace, and on my sig here (Though I read HTML isn't allowed yet I see others with their gamercard in their signatures. How?)
    Thats because you can't use the <> scripts here. They need to be [] scripts Go register at www.mygamercard.net and once you do, just fix the 4 missing [ brackets in the below script and you'll have what your looking for.

url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Cloud121D]img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Cloud121D.gif/img]/url]

My next question is about the HDD. We all know that out of the 20/120GB, 7GB is already partitioned, so that means 13/113GB is usable. I read somewhere it's possible to get that back. If so, how do I go about doing it?
    You can get a little back, but most of that is squirreled away for the OS of the system. There will be a few demo's and the like on the system that you can delete, but don't expect much above the 12Gigs to ever be accessable on a 20 gig drive.

Oh and, in regards to the memory card. I'll be buying a 512MB card shortly after as well. However, is it possible to transfer Xbox saves between consoles? I'm thinking due to the emulation requiring the HDD, no, but I'm just curious.
    Nope. The stuff that is on your Xbox is stuck there. The 360 memory card will not work on a XBox, and vice versa with an original card (since that ties into using the XBox controller and those don't work on 360's). You get to re-play those games all over again, and thus is why I never got rid of my XBox, because I had no desire to loose more saves than I did when my first Xbox started to go out on me and I had to transfer what the dumb small memory card would allow me to transfer.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

definately through third party "data xchangers" like the one from code junkies, its very possible, you can extract the saves from your xbox to the hard drive of your pc then migrate them over to the new system.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

No, what I meant by using the memory card to transfer Xbox saves, was from the 360 to another 360. Since Xbox is done via emulation, I was wondering it was possible.
    My Game Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Slicknick1213

All right, so I'm getting my Elite next week. Anxiously looking forward to playing some King of Fighters and Street Fighter online.
    Are you talking about KOF 2002/2003? If so you are going to be dissapointed. It is listed as a backwards compatible game but literally doesnt play at all. One of the two...(cant remember which one) doesnt even start up and the other has many horizontal lines that run through the sprites. It's pretty sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"The 360 memory card will not work on a XBox"

Wrong. You can use a 360 memory card on an Xbox but you need a couple of pieces first.

You need an Xchange 360. This has a device that allows you to connect your 360 memory card to a PC using the USB port. The second piece is a USB-to-Xbox adapter (you can easily make these yourself).

On the Xbox go to "Memory". Plug in the USB-to-Xbox adapter in any port then plug in the Xchange 360 with the memory card. It will give an error message at first but once you get past that then you can use the 360 card to store your Xbox saves.

Unfortunately, you still cannot transfer the Xbox saves to the 360 (the 360 won't see the save files) but this is still handy since the smallest 360 memory card is eight times larger than a regular Xbox memory card.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I'm not sure that's such a good idea... I think at least some of that 7GB is space set aside for games to cache data. If you were to use up that space, it might cause problems with some things. However, MS ships hard drives with a bunch of crap videos and such already on there, so you might want to go through and delete some of that nonsense to free up some space (seriously, 900 MB worth of Titanic garbage? What a waste.)

Besides, if you're getting an Elite, I don't think you'll have to worry about running out of space anytime soon.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

You can copy Xbox saves to the Xbox 360 using Datel's XSATA device. It's all explained here:

http://us.codejunkies.com/news_revie...=10&i=9014&s=8
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyway, I have a couple questions about the 360 though.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Cloud121D" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Cloud121D</iframe>

That's all I get.

If you are going to get a memory card, may I recommend the one that has Geometry Wars already pre-installed on it?

It's only about $49.99 and the game itself is highly addictive. If you don't want to go that route, you could always download the game, but since I don't take my 360 online, I had to buy the memory card to get the game! Incredible game and the memory card is made by Microsoft too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by RARusk View Post
    "The 360 memory card will not work on a XBox"

Wrong. You can use a 360 memory card on an Xbox but you need a couple of pieces first.

You need an Xchange 360. This has a device that allows you to connect your 360 memory card to a PC using the USB port. The second piece is a USB-to-Xbox adapter (you can easily make these yourself).

On the Xbox go to "Memory". Plug in the USB-to-Xbox adapter in any port then plug in the Xchange 360 with the memory card. It will give an error message at first but once you get past that then you can use the 360 card to store your Xbox saves.

Unfortunately, you still cannot transfer the Xbox saves to the 360 (the 360 won't see the save files) but this is still handy since the smallest 360 memory card is eight times larger than a regular Xbox memory card.
    That is not working on a standard machine by any means! He's (along with most general gamers) arn't going to the lengths to use the card like that, not to mention the whole reason he was trying to use it... to TRANSFER XBox saves to his 360. Having a bigger card doesn't help when the items that are bigger are all Hard Drive bonded so even having an 8x card would do no good because of that.

Hell i'm a serious gamer and I wouldn't go to those lengths to try and put more on a memory card like that. It's not even useable outside of a connection to a PC at the same time.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"That is not working on a standard machine by any means! He's (along with most general gamers) arn't going to the lengths to use the card like that, not to mention the whole reason he was trying to use it... to TRANSFER XBox saves to his 360. Having a bigger card doesn't help when the items that are bigger are all Hard Drive bonded so even having an 8x card would do no good because of that."

I WAS trying to transfer Xbox game saves to my 360. I was using the Xchange 360 on the PC initially to try to get the game saves from the Xbox memory card to the PC and then to the 360 memory card. Didn't work.

However, I had read somewhere that you can use certain flash and mini hard drives, with the use of a USB-to-Xbox adapter, to transfer those game saves that can be moved to those devices for safe storage. So I built a USB-to-Xbox adapter and tried the 128MB flash drive I have. Didn't work.

But I had the Xchange 360 memory card-to-USB adapter that allowed the 360 memory card to be used with the PC so, inspired, I tried hooking up that with the Xbox through my homebrew USB-to-Xbox adapter. It worked. So I transferred one Xbox game save to the 360 card and then put the memory card in my 360 to see if I could get it to transfer. The 360 wouldn't see the Xbox game save so it didn't work after all.

However, I could still use the 360 memory card to safely store those Xbox game saves that I can move from the hard drive (I have a lot of saves - most of them are movable).

You mentioned that those saves that can't be moved are bonded to the hard drive. Somebody had told me that they are bonded to the motherboard. If these saves are indeed bonded to the hard drive, as opposed to the motherboard, is it possible to unbond them for transport?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Now, I assume I'm just getting a grey, lifeless gamercard in my sig, because I haven't done anything yet right? I won't have my Elite until Wednesday.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by Cloud121; 09-23-2007 at 07:19 AM.
    My Game Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by RARusk View Post
    [b]You mentioned that those saves that can't be moved are bonded to the hard drive. Somebody had told me that they are bonded to the motherboard. If these saves are indeed bonded to the hard drive, as opposed to the motherboard, is it possible to unbond them for transport?
    If you've got a modded system you can do it, but if your just a typical gamer, your TSOL.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"If you've got a modded system you can do it, but if your just a typical gamer, your TSOL."

Figured as much. Thanks.

BTW, do you know where I can find information on how to repair an Xbox power supply? My 12 volt line is only outputting 10.3 volts and my 5 volt line is doing 4.3. I'd like to fix that.