Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AWESOME - Complete - SNES RPG's - FS - Chrono, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, FF3

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

someone in this thread needs banned...hint: not the seller
    ~TisLord~

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    I'd agree that the original offer of $45 was a bit(!) low. Unless you find a copy at a yard sale or someone who simply does not know what they have, you ain't buying the cart these days for under $50-60. And to respond like you did was a bit...well...whatever. It is always so much easier to be polite.
    Not my place to respond but I partly agree with this statement. The fact that people occasionally stumble upon games like Earthbound for $5 or less at yard sales, thrift stores or even a few flea markets drives down the value in the eyes of some people (buyers), the exact same way that Ebay figures drive the value up in the eyes of other people (sellers). I don't think either one of these guys are right or wrong, just a big difference in their philosophies when it comes to the price of this item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by TisLord View Post
    someone in this thread needs banned...hint: not the seller
    I don't think so.

smokehouse was harsh in how he went about making his point, and did bait bwild, but he has a good point and I agree with him 100%. We aren't the only ones who think this way either, many will agree.

Yeah, $45 is low, even for here; that was the point. He offered what he was willing to pay, and the seller went into how it is worth more. There is nothing wrong with wanting what you could get on ebay, but it brings up two main points.

1.) Sell it on ebay if you want the going ebay rate
    2.) If you know what to going ebay rate is, then you have an idea of what you could get, so you can easily post an idea on how much you actually want to get. Saying "I'm looking for offers over $90" or something is much better than "make an offer".

Basically, if you say anything more than "Thanks for the offer, but I want more," then why not just post exactly what you want, or what you were thinking you might want? You can always say "I'd love to get $xxx, but I'll take offers too"

bwild - I don't think it's fair that your thread ended up getting derailed, if you wanted you could make another sale thread and abandon this one. (it might be best to wait a couple days though.)

Edit - To clarify, thread crapping isn't tolerated.
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 09-21-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smokehouse apparently forgot to take his meds today.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by bwild22 View Post
    i dont know what price i want exactly - thats why i figured i would let users decide the values of these through offers much like all other users tend to do on a regular basis...
    then...

Quote Originally Posted by bwild22 View Post
    Thats realistically 1/2 of what the going value is for a nice shape Earthbound cart!

Not to mention the last box only on ebay went for over 60 - feel free to check completed auctions on that....
    you seem to know rather well the price you want to get. say it outright. say you want ebay price or say youre willing to take a hit on it. or hell even say youll sell it for 20 bucks. dont bid fish here. we all know going price probably much better than you as most of us have followed this hobby and prices for years now.

be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    If you want eBay prices why even bother coming here to sell it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    smokehouse was harsh in how he went about making his point, and did bait bwild, but he has a good point and I agree with him 100%. We aren't the only ones who think this way either, many will agree.
    amen.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I see numerous people on this site stating Highest Offer..Yet when I do it I get crucified.

I Know what these are worth. Yet, I do not know what price I would have to have to get rid of it. I did not want max Ebay Dollar for these - Or Else I would not have been here. I figured I was giving you guys here an opportunity to get something really nice and collectible at a price lower than ebay. Figured, this would let you guys toss out a figure you are willing to pay and if that figure tempted me, I would act on it. I dont know what figure to place on it NON EBAY wise; therefore, I wanted you guys to determine what they were worth to you and I would have tried to accomodate someone at a NON EBAY price....

apparently offers are a cardinal sin on this site - I did refer to ebay, of course I did, when he tells me my game is only worth 25 on the dp guide and only a R2, etc....Of course I wanted to site a source where it commonly goes for more than double what he proclaimed. Never once did I say I WAS SELLING FOR EBAY PRICE....but of course I was going to reference it when someone gave me a holier than thou attitude and acted like the source and full authority on the value of this game - not to mention he went on acting like his offer was really putting him on a limb and that he was doing me a huge favor with that offer...just tried to give some justification of why i would not sell for the price claimed in the DP guide...

For all of those that have emailed me with condolences on what happened with my thread, trust me - I appreciate it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I'm sorry your thread got de-railed

As I mentioned, you may make another, and I will make sure it goes without interruption.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by smokehouse; 09-21-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously just please delete this thread or lock it, this dude just doesnt understand when enough is enough....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was serious about my $75 offer...

I've removed all of my other posts from the thread as well...
    Last edited by smokehouse; 09-21-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, I understand both sides of the story. A hell of a lot of people on DP post "Make me an offer" and get away with it. The only reason that you got crap for it, bwild, was because you had a disagreement with smokehouse and the argument flared up into a scene in the Buying and Selling forum. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, nobody is right... nobody is wrong.

If you're going to post "make offer" threads, then be prepared for people making you low-balls. If you don't mind it, then hey, it doesn't bother me in the slightest is you want to do that. To help sales though, you might want to list a price, even if you list a higher price and say that you are negotiable. Just because I know that most people don't like going into threads without prices.

I don't particularly mind threads without prices, as I can usually pm the seller and work out a price that pleases both of us, but that will only happen if you are lucky enough to get somebody who knows the true value of the game, and is willing to work with it.

Like my man, Vectorman said, feel free to create a new thread because this one is de-railed. I'd like to remind everyone that sale-spoiling is not allowed in threads in the Buying and Selling forums here on DP.