What gaming franchises seem to be gaining steam and pushing the envelope at the same time?

I'll have to vote for Locoroco. It's the single most original/enjoyable addicting experience I have played in years and it seems the developers like to branch out even with it being as new as it is. The new version for download on PSN isn't the same as the psp versions yet it manages to be just as addictive! Pretty amazing for a series to branch its gameplay so soon after conception. It seems this series is going to have alot to offer. The new standard in platform gaming, imho.

I have high hopes for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on pc also. Would love to see some more for this series, and possibly an online universe instead of just deathmatch. I find the buzz surrounding Fallout 3 quite interesting as well, as I never had even heard of the game myself. That kind of sparked this topic.

Any other games out there that are going silently unnoticed? My selections were somewhat mainstream I know, but not so much that everyone and their neighbor knows about it.