Thread: Sega: PS2 Sales Significant Through 2010...well then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chrozi

Default Sega: PS2 Sales Significant Through 2010...well then...

"Sega US president Simon Jeffrey believes that the PS2 will have a longer lifetime than any previous console, and says that the firm will back the system for a number of years to come."

Lets hope they just don't mean coming out with dummied down versions of next gen titles and maybe make an effort to create some exclusives.

Stateside versions of the Sega Ages line would be a great start, especially for those of us salivating over the Phantasy Star remakes. And how about Seaman 2? I"d love to play this one
    "Oh my lord it's nutty, yup!"

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xian042 View Post
    "Sega US president Simon Jeffrey believes that the PS2 will have a longer lifetime than any previous console, and says that the firm will back the system for a number of years to come."

Lets hope they just don't mean coming out with dummied down versions of next gen titles and maybe make an effort to create some exclusives.

Stateside versions of the Sega Ages line would be a great start, especially for those of us salivating over the Phantasy Star remakes. And how about Seaman 2? I"d love to play this one
    The Sega Ages series is great. I actually import them and would love to see them come here as well. Unfortunately, everytime Sega releases a classic compilation disc in the US, it fails to meet sales expectations. Because of this, Sega will probably be cautious when releasing more classics, but at the same time, I am sure they will.

On another note, I doubt we will ever see the Phantasy Star Sega Ages series released over here, but it could happen. They did include the Phantasy Star series on the Sega Genesis Collection, but believe it or not, even that release failed to meet sales expectations. At least they are releasing Yakuza 2here!

Hopefully they will release more classics, but a lot of gamers didn't even like the Alien Syndrome update for the Wii and PSP. I found it remotely enjoyable, but not the greatest.

In Japan the Sega Ages series sells quite well. I was in Japan a few years ago when the series first started to appear and when I went to some game shops the series was selling briskly to say the least!

I too would love to see Seaman 2 over here! We can all hope!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe they can release an updated version of that Virtua Fighter 2 port to remove the suckiness. I WANT THE BRIDGE IN SHUN-DI'S STAGE!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Supposedly, the PS2 version of Virtua Fighter 2 was disappointing (although it did have the bridge).

I think this probably means that PS2 will be getting some ports. Like how Sonic Riders 2 is coming to Wii and PS2. We'll probably see many Wii/PS2 games, and/or PS2/PSP games.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Supposedly, the PS2 version of Virtua Fighter 2 was disappointing (although it did have the bridge).

I think this probably means that PS2 will be getting some ports. Like how Sonic Riders 2 is coming to Wii and PS2. We'll probably see many Wii/PS2 games, and/or PS2/PSP games.
    I actually have and like the PS2 version of Virtua Fighter 2. It isn't as good as the arcade version though,

believe it or not!

Both Sega Ages Panzer Dragoon and Treasure Box are worth owning, as is Monster World Collection!