View Poll Results: Should the Halo 3 Legendary Edition have come with the game packaged in the LE tin?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a bit of a rip, grandiose helmet notwithstanding.

27 72.97%
  • No, just be happy with what you got.

10 27.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about the helmet vs. the tin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do you feel about the helmet vs. the tin?

I know we have a Halo 3 thread already, but I wanted to post a poll on this.

I just opened up my $129.99 Legendary Edition of Halo 3 and must say I'm a bit disappointed. The version of the game included is just the regular retail version in a black DVD case. The helmet, stand and box are incredibly cool (understatement), but for $130 they should have also given us the LE tin case. Scratched discs out there aside, I have to admit that I feel a bit ripped off.

I kind of regret breaking the seals, as it now has the potential to become serious eBay fodder for me down the line. I probably wouldn't have spent the money if I knew the tin case was not going to be included. I know it is a bit of a sin to whine about having the most expensive version of something, as most people in the world can't even afford to look at the thing, but come on now. This is just like the 60 gig hard drive in the LE Halo 3 system.

<I just looked around the 'net and saw the IGN & 1UP videos of their opening the Legendary and getting the game in the tin. I didn't realize there was also a hardcover book in the tin. This is bullsh*t.>
    Last edited by klausien; 09-25-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

I'm pretty disappointed as well. I was just talking about that on vbender. The black cases look cheap. I would have been more happy with a tin packaged inside....or even a green normal 360 case.

Though I don't understand why the game has plastic slots for another disc holder. Someone wanna clear that up?
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well in addition to the game being scratched on most (which doesn't bother you), the Limited edition Tin itself is a piece of crap. Feels really flimsy and doesn't exactly lock very well. I would be happy that they left it out.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923 View Post
    Well in addition to the game being scratched on most (which doesn't bother you), the Limited edition Tin itself is a piece of crap. Feels really flimsy and doesn't exactly lock very well. I would be happy that they left it out.
    It's not a steelbook, is it? Damnit, I hate when they make these LE tins and don't use steelbook. I'm afraid to open the GOW and RE4 tins because they're not steelbooks and it feels like they'll break if I open them too many times. My Lost Planet, Halo 2 and Doom 3, however, are friggin solid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dylan021706

I don`t think there`s anything wrong with the tin except it`s a little oversized. I wish they could`ve kept it regular case size.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

yeah the collectors edition is plenty nice for me and I think most people. The legendary is cool with the helmet and big box etc but kinda pricey and it definetly sucks you don't get the collectors box for the discs

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

trust me that tin sucks, I wish it was regular dvd cases

"Finish the Fight"...in 2 to 3 weeks.

thanks MS's manufacturing plants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like both the CE and LE packagings blow. That's too bad I guess the focus on the LE was on the kitty cat helmet and the focus on the CE was on the "ohh look, it's not a normal DVD case! Collector's only plz!" factor.

I sure do want those bonus discs, though. Damn it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whew. After reading this thread I am relieved. I now feel free to go woith the standard release. My better half (enabler, feeding my habit) actually tried to tell me to get the legendary edition. I almost did today. Many places by me had it. I stayed focused and attached to my cash. Sorry to hear of the disappointing presentation.
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

This is the same disappointment I had with the CE edition of Bioshock for the 360 (US version). Came with the Big Daddy figurine but the game just came in a standard case. The European version came with a steel case for same price so I was a bit pissed.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I thought the Legendary version was supposed to include more bonus disks or something. Did they back out on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too got the Legendary Edition and was a bit pissed about the game cases. Not even green 360 cases. Come on Microsoft, you know better than that. After what was a cool case for Halo 2, (if a bit plan imho), and the all around good handling of that game and the Halo X-Box releases, Microsoft really seemed to drop the ball with Halo 3's release. Although if one remembers, Halo 2's extra disc was pretty much just plopped on top of the game in the tin case.

Guess I will have to pick up another copy of Sneak King and find a 360 game that has a double case. Any ideas on that one?

The helmet itself is bad ass. It looks great in any living room. And, I would say it is just a bit bigger than "cat size". I plan on putting Halo 1-3 in the helmet anyhow. Bonus discs be damned!

Someone should make a metal case for the Legendary Edition. I am sure even a regular case wrapped in tin foil and "stamped" with sharpie would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I thought the Legendary version was supposed to include more bonus disks or something. Did they back out on that?
    It did come with two extra discs in one black case aside from the game being in a black case also.
    Last edited by spoon; 09-26-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Sorry, I'm actually glad that the case is different. Least then I know I have the non-normal edition.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    Sorry, I'm actually glad that the case is different. Least then I know I have the non-normal edition.
    Yeah, but black is lame for a so-called Legendary Edition. I consider it standard $5.00 budget DVD color. Even the PS2 has custom DVD cases (That ever so slight, X'Eye blue is great. Watch out when buying from GameStop. I will make them put a PS2 game in the right type of case, but I digress).

Making them that green used for the SE system & headset would have worked. A "smoke" black would have also been great, and more in line with the translucent green of the standard 360 DVD case. 2 Steelbooks like the Halo 2 and Doom 3 SE's would have been the most appropriate and most appreciated. Actually, it would have made it the version to have if you are into this sort of thing as many of us are.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry its the biggest ripoff I have ever seen

Wow you get a Halo Helmet for almost $100!!! So cool!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i dont really care. i like my LE. but i know what you guys are saying. youre meant to keep the games inside the helmet anyway, so its not like they clash with the rest of the game spines.

im pissed about the lack of the hardcover book thats in the CE.

question: does the LE have EVERYTHING the CE has and then some? or is it missing some content from the CE?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After looking into all 3 versions, I think what Bungie did is pretty screwed up. In order to get all of the extras, you need to buy both the Collector's Edition & the Legendary Edition.

While I do not have any desire to pay $80 extra for the helmet, you do get an extra bonus features disc. But then if you want the hardcover art book & metal case, then you need to purchase the Collector's Edition.

In my opinion, it would make much more sense to include everything available with the Legendary Edition. Also, I think it would have been much better if the CE contained the extra disc features rather than the hardcover art book. Basically, I am not interested in all the extra widgets and trinkets, I just want all the software. They should have one version that came with all the software, and then the Legendary should have all the software + the trinkets.

It is an obvious attempt to sell multiple versions of the games to the hardcore fans. Pretty lame in my opinion, but what else is new...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I guess I skip out on Halo 3 limited edition goodies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still cant understand why people buy these special editions. I picked up the standard halo 3 in the run of the mill green case and it does the job. All these books, helmets and other bullshit you'll only ever look at once then chuck it under your bed.

Dont get me started on bands that release odd shaped CD cases.... Loved Tool until 10k's came out!!! >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    …All these books, helmets and other bullshit you'll only ever look at once…
    Just think of the people who are buy games…and never open them and keep them seal! ZOMG!

Yeah those people are right here on these boards!

(I am not games collector but I don't mind picking up games trinkits like Halo helmet)