Thread: Turbo Zone Direct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Turbo Zone Direct

Has anyone here done business with these people? Are they a legitimate company with good products and services?

http://www.tzd.com/

I found another supposed supplier of TG16 materials but the site looks less that professional which does not inspire a lot of confidence.

http://www.gamedude.com/turbo.html
    The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the 90's you could order rare Intellivision games from Radio Shack and once my box came from Turbo Zone Direct. I thought I found some secret goldmine but I was never able to find a list of them selling things other than TG-16. They're very well known and I don't think anyone has a problem with them besides the prices.

y-bot

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DarthKur: Game Dude has a lot of TG16 stuff, but probably not the big rares on the list since they are retail.

Both companies have been doing business longer than most people have collected games. TZD was the official distributor of the TTI games back in the 90s, AND they also were doing the refurb/replacement of old Turbo Express systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So they are both safe to deal with? That's great news. Thank you very much to both you for the info.
    The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKur View Post
    So they are both safe to deal with? That's great news. Thank you very much to both you for the info.
    Yes, TZD is where I purchased most of my Turbo collection. Unfortunately, their stock is down to the bare minimum after over a decade of supporting the Turbo. Their service is, however, outstanding.

Gamedude is great as a retail store and their Turbo selection is pretty extensive. The one issue you might have is that they tend to put these little metallic stickers on used games with their info on it to prevent warranty claims. They can be hard to remove on Turbo games. I have never done mail order with them since I live like 5 miles away from their massive store in North Hollywood.

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My gosh yes. It's been a few years, but feel free to order away! They are a great company to work with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 for both companies, I've ordered from them both in the past

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good. Thanks again for all of the assistance everyone. I'll probably be placing orders with both.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

on the game dude site, they don't even tell you what they have in stock. I wouldn't want to spend $200 and then wait 2 weeks to get $50 worth of games and $150 back. Not a bad price on the TG16 CD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ugh. I ordered from GameDude back in the day, before there ever was a World Wide Web. I put down the Turbo game I wanted, and they wanted you to list three or four alternatives in case the game you wanted wasn't in stock. I listed three alternatives, waited several months, and a box showed up... with the game Legendary Axe II, which I didn't list anywhere on the form, and I already had. I'd never order from them again, just from that experience. They just threw a random game in a box and sent it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Over the last decade plus, starting back on the Turbolist listserv, I have heard nothing but bad things about Game Dude; stickers that destroy CD games, poor service, etc. I've never ordered from them, but wouldn't recommend doing so.

As for TZD, think of them as official, because they are. Their stock is what was left when NEC cut the cord back in the early 90's. They have excellent customer service and their product is what they say it is. Prices are a bit on the steep side, but I wholeheartedly recommend them if you see something you like on their site. I've spend hundreds with them over the years and have been satisfied each and every time.