Thread: Moving & storing DVD game cases...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Moving & storing DVD game cases...

This thread might be in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find out how other collectors have either moved GameCube, PS2 and Xbox games when they've moved from their homes or stored them in a storage unit.

I'll be moving out of town soon, and I'm considering just letting the movers move the empty cases in cardboard boxes to the new apartment. I'm putting all of the discs in albums with the plastic sleeves, except for all the fighters, shooters, RPGs and classic compilations, which I plan to take with me in my own car in boxes.

On the other side of that, I'm considering keeping the boxes with the cases in storage, but I can't decide if that's a good idea or not. Keep in mind that I'm starting a new job, and I'm not sure if I can afford to keep my games in a climate controlled unit, much less a warehouse like some people might be able to.

I'm not so worried about the NES, SNES & Genesis stuff because it is less likely to show too much wear, and I'll be putting the PS1, Saturn & Dreamcast discs in sleeves too.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez View Post
    This thread might be in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find out how other collectors have either moved GameCube, PS2 and Xbox games when they've moved from their homes or stored them in a storage unit.

I'll be moving out of town soon, and I'm considering just letting the movers move the empty cases in cardboard boxes to the new apartment. I'm putting all of the discs in albums with the plastic sleeves, except for all the fighters, shooters, RPGs and classic compilations, which I plan to take with me in my own car in boxes.

On the other side of that, I'm considering keeping the boxes with the cases in storage, but I can't decide if that's a good idea or not. Keep in mind that I'm starting a new job, and I'm not sure if I can afford to keep my games in a climate controlled unit, much less a warehouse like some people might be able to.

I'm not so worried about the NES, SNES & Genesis stuff because it is less likely to show too much wear, and I'll be putting the PS1, Saturn & Dreamcast discs in sleeves too.
    Rubbermaid makes a "media storage box." It is made out of hard durable plastic and can easily be found at Wal*Mart or Target for about $8.00! It holds about 20+ DVD type games. It also comes with a locking hard plastic lid as well!

My method of storage is too time consuming and "anal" for most, so I won't bother to tell you how I store my games. If you want to read my post on this, it is in the import gaming section under the NEW DC and SATURN IMPORT systems questions.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neogamer View Post
    Rubbermaid makes a "media storage box." It is made out of hard durable plastic and can easily be found at Wal*Mart or Target for about $8.00! It holds about 20+ DVD type games. It also comes with a locking hard plastic lid as well!

My method of storage is too time consuming and "anal" for most, so I won't bother to tell you how I store my games. If you want to read my post on this, it is in the import gaming section under the NEW DC and SATURN IMPORT systems questions.
    Thanks, I will probably buy a few more CD albums, though. It was quite time-consuming going through all of those games to put them in the sleeves. I should have done this a long time ago.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.