Thread: Crash Bandicoot games

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Crash Bandicoot games

Hey everyone. I love the original three Crash Banidcoot games, they are some of my all time favorites. But for some reason I havent played any newer Crash games for some reason I automatically thinik they suck but dont actually know. Anywho are the newer Crash games as good as any of the original three?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarianoutkast85 View Post
    Hey everyone. I love the original three Crash Banidcoot games, they are some of my all time favorites. But for some reason I havent played any newer Crash games for some reason I automatically thinik they suck but dont actually know. Anywho are the newer Crash games as good as any of the original three?
    I'm not new to Crash Bandicoot, I played it back in the day, but never did achieve the dizzying heights of getting 100%. I praise all whoever achieve this feat, and see them hailed among the ranks of Zeus and Icarus as an ultimate gaming God. So I'm back to play the great Crash bandicoot 1,2 & 3 for the PS & try to achieve this feat.

But what I never could understand was why the developers messed with "Perfection", trying to fix something that was never broke, finishing with the restricted linear approach featuring one-directional levels (PS1) which the player must run through from one end to the other as opposed to introducing massive three-dimensional worlds in which the player chooses which direction to explore (Next-Gen, PS2).

I really do wish the developers would go back to the linear approach featuring restricted one-directional levels, the game was never broke, the first 3 were gaming perfection. Why the hell did the developers mess with it???... Surely alot of people must agree with me that crash is still yet to reach them dizzying heights as seen 10 years ago on the PS1. What a shame they couldn't carry this to next gen.

Having paved my way through 61% of it in 4 nights play, not bad considering I wasted one night trying to gain the clear gems from levels 2 & 3 not knowing there were impossible to find without the coloured gem. Hell, it took me over 1 hour to get the gem just from level 1. Last night though, it actually dawned on me just how hard its going to be to gain 100%, knowing that I need to get through some rock hard levels which I personally needed 18 lives to get through, I need to redu again WITHOUT losing a life to get the gem & the saving feature?, well don't go there, lets just make the game as tough as possible. The joy of finishing this game certainly isn't seeing the crappy ending but the praise for whoever achieves 100%, an ultimate gaming god, truthfully. You will read critics giving the first 3 in the series bad marks due to its level of toughness, but this toughness brings to the forefront a true gamer. That's BS, its like a good SHUMP, you play most of the levels over so many times, there becomes a point when the whole level gets ingrained into your memory.

I find it funny these guys saying, Yeah! I got 100% in 5 days without the use of a strategy guide, BULL$HIT. Its alot tougher than that.

I absolutly love the game. Personally I think its gaming perfection, along with #2 & #3 in the series. Collecting all the gems will be one of the greatest gaming feats achieved by me. I think anyone who can genuinly say they achieved 100% can call themselves a true gamer. I put them up in the realms of gamers finishing the toughest SHUMPS, not some Call of Duty 4 online competition chump. That is the games awesome replayability value. Oh & earning all the platinums in #3, All hail.

The first 3 in the series were legendary, gaming perfection. Ever since Naughty Dog jumped ship, the series hasn't been the same.
    Last edited by VitaminX; 04-25-2008 at 03:42 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I've played some of a few of the newer ones.... Twinsanity, Crash Nitro Kart and one other but i'm forgetting which one. They were in some cases better looking graphically but above all else, they had gotten stale. More of the same of the originals (but now blatently ripping off what Naughty Dog did with the level designs) and add to that the humor and wit that Naughty Dog gave Crash was gone. It became a bland every 12 months shovelware character.

The same can be said with what happened to Spyro. Once Insomniac lost that IP the Spyro games went to crap as well.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    The same can be said with what happened to Spyro. Once Insomniac lost that IP the Spyro games went to crap as well.
    Agreed for the most part, but check out The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night for GBA if you see it on the cheap (I got my copy for $8 on clearance at Fred Meyer). Reminds me quite a bit of Astro Boy.

It became a bland every 12 months shovelware character.
    I saw this animated commercial promoting one of the recent games in a movie theater - it was a 3 minute or so animated short. Crash couldn't talk, and the whole thing was almost Donkey Kong Country animated series bad. Quite an abomination, especially for someone who enjoyed the ads for the PS1 Crash games.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.