Thread: Sega Genesis, Cool Spot contest.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Genesis, Cool Spot contest.

I was reading threw the Cool Spot instruction manual today for the Sega Genesis. It mentions a contest but it doesnt tell you what you win.
    Anywho, what you have to do is beat the game on "difficult" without trading any of your letter's in for a continue. Then when you beat the game the letters you collected spell something out. You need to take a picture of the screen then send it into the deleveper. So I'm curious if anyone did this, and what you won.
    I was also wondering if you could cheat with a Game Genie and beat the game in like half an hour without losing a life and take a picture and still win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one remembers? or knows?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarianoutkast85 View Post
    No one remembers? or knows?
    Try waiting more than an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    Try waiting more than an hour.
    Really. The OP may make 25 threads a day but that doesn't mean we all check back every five minutes to reply to them. A Google search would have revealed pretty much what you need to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, my bad. I'm just at work, really bored. Because it rained all day, so most of the soccer games were cancelled so I have nothing to write up, or do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Really. The OP may make 25 threads a day but that doesn't mean we all check back every five minutes to reply to them. A Google search would have revealed pretty much what you need to know.
    Also Insane David, I did a google search and didnt find an answer to my question, so I figured I'd ask here. I looked on your link as well and it's just a thread with the same topic on another website, but NO answer. And another thing saying that I create 25 threads a day, I dont think so. You became a DP'er eight months AFTER I did and you have slightly over THREE TIMES the posts I do. So most likely you've created more threads, and spend more time on here than I do.

I'm not trying to start an arguement with you, but I did do a google search, and didnt find any useful information. But I'm sorry in advance if I offended you.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you won the chance to appear in a 7-Up commercial or to have your likeness printed on 7-Up packaging or something like that... or maybe it was a chance to have a cameo appearance in the sequel, Spot Goes to Hollywood
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

could it be cash like Vectorman??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So most likely you've created more threads
    Let's see about that, shall we?

InsaneDavid:

You:

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    Let's see about that, shall we?

InsaneDavid:

You:

Good thing I said "most likely". I just figured he had slightly three times the posts that I do, that he's made more threads. Which is why I said he probably made more, and spends more time on here than I do. So I was right and wrong in the sentence. Because I was wrong I made more threads than he has (An average of almost ONE a week since I joined!) but most likely right about him spending more time on here than I do. Since he has slightly three times the posts that I do.

There was still no need to bust my balls and say that all the information I needed was on google (when it wasnt). Because I looked on Google, and couldnt find any information. THEN he gives me a link that he found on Google and acted like I the answer was right in front of my face, when it wasnt. Because the link had no information about what you won.

However, it's not a big deal. I'm not trying to argue or fight with anyone here. So I'm not worried about it, or trying to make him look wrong, or me look right anymore.

Because arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, because weither you win or lose, you'r still retarded.
    Last edited by Barbarianoutkast85; 10-15-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Which is why I said he probably made more, and spends more time on here than I do. So I was right and wrong in the sentence. Because I was wrong I made more threads than he has (An average of almost ONE a week since I joined!) but most likely right about him spending more time on here than I do. Since he has slightly three times the posts that I do.
    I've spent more time in the Technical and Restoration Society forums helping people repair their games and creating tutorials to further technical service for everyone, yes.

I finished the 2005 DigitalPress MAME Tournament in third place over all and was ranked second over all in the 2006 tournament before it went on hiatus. Quite a few posts I made were in those threads helping people learn how to run MAME so everyone was on equal footing for the competition.

About a quarter of the threads I've started are lead threads in the Feedback Forum and another quarter are Buying and Selling or Everything eBay threads.

It's your choice to make as many threads as you'd like, as is the same for everyone. Just don't expect to gel with the majority of the forums here when making a bunch of "question, question, question" threads and then bumping them frequently. If someone knew or cared then they'd respond.

Because arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, because weither you win or lose, you'r still retarded.
    And you sir are still one of the worst writers I've ever come across. I feel sorry for your editor(s) and copy boy(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    I've spent more time in the Technical and Restoration Society forums helping people repair their games and creating tutorials to further technical service for everyone, yes.

I finished the 2005 DigitalPress MAME Tournament in third place over all and was ranked second over all in the 2006 tournament before it went on hiatus. Quite a few posts I made were in those threads helping people learn how to run MAME so everyone was on equal footing for the competition.

About a quarter of the threads I've started are lead threads in the Feedback Forum and another quarter are Buying and Selling or Everything eBay threads.

It's your choice to make as many threads as you'd like, as is the same for everyone. Just don't expect to gel with the majority of the forums here when making a bunch of "question, question, question" threads and then bumping them frequently. If someone knew or cared then they'd respond.

And you sir are still one of the worst writers I've ever come across. I feel sorry for your editor(s) and copy boy(s).
    I think you need to stop geting defensive, I'm not insulting you, or trying to start a flame war. I dont know why you have your panties all up in a bunch.
    However, one the very worst writer you have EVER come across (me) IS the editor. I edit everyones work, and been doing so for years.
    Last edited by Barbarianoutkast85; 10-15-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

However, one the very worst writer you have EVER come across (me) IS the editor. I edit everyones work, and been doing so for years.
    Everyone's but your own. There's a "one" in that first sentence that shouldn't be there and you're missing a "have" in the second. Not flaming, just making your job easier.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 10-15-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ouch. As the editorial director of a college textbook publisher, I gotta tell you that was painful.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Back to the damned subject, please? I want to know the answer to this thread too.

I can piss way further than all of you, btw.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!