Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles with pre-order bonus

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Now this is a remake of the PC Engine CD or the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo version?

And if it is the PC Engine more importantly does it have the cool werewolf fight still, the one with the werewolf howling in the background then jumps to the foreground? That was not in the Super Nintendo Dracula X version
    Actually the werewolf battle is on the SNES version (I was watching my bro play through it a few nights a ago). I believe you have to go through stage 4' to fight him.

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Now that people got it, I wanna know how good the translation of the PC-E verison is, especially if they left the opening intact but just translated (meaning they kept the German voiceover)....
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    Now that people got it, I wanna know how good the translation of the PC-E verison is, especially if they left the opening intact but just translated (meaning they kept the German voiceover)....
    German voice intact.

Disappointed with the soundtrack. It just doesn't have the impact it used to. Played through a few levels and besides some game interrupting cinematics, it's the same game it always was. Boss intros, especially the werewolf, are incredible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

The original is on there, but is that from the get go? or do you have to unlock that too?
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

I planned to play it just a couple hours, got absorbed and that couple hours turned into 9 hours, it's that good of a game, and I have still yet to play the original Rondo or even SotN.

Also like my Pixel Simon, even if it is the Simon's Quest Simon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HYB View Post
    This topic has been discussed in the CV thread constantly.
    The 8-bit Simon is something every CV collector has. I ordered my japanese Konamistyle edition of the game a while back.
    Still it doesn't beat this simon figure.

Wich can be bought here http://www.cornerstorecomics.com

If it's been linked all ready oh well just thought i throw that out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the wherewolf battle where he jumps from the background (after howling) into the foreground is in both dracula x's (pc-engine & snes).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember the SNES version being different with the werewolf stage that was on the PC Engine CD, or at least when I played it because I could've sworn that stage had a different boss from the PC Engine CD game... but than again it's been so long since I played either, I just remember being disappointed at the time

That's cool that it's in there though, can't wait to play this again

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

how do you unlock the original Rondo of Blood on there? I unlocked SOTN and Maria as a playable character, but I wanna check out the original. Somebody let me know how to unlock it please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Very impressed so far. I never played the original pc-engine version, so I can't compare. Even so, it's obvious from the start that this is a quality game. The reviewers have one thing right...it's damn hard. I'm too use to the SotN style of Castlevania gameplay. If you die, you start at the beginning of the level. I still think I'll be able to finish and unlock SotN.

If you can't wait, there are already save files available to download at GameFAQ's.

This is a steal at $29.99.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Anyone have a save file with everything unlocked? I just want to play SOTN.

from gamefaqs :

In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!).

In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life View Post
    from gamefaqs :

In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!).

In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.
    Nice. So you don't have to finish the game to unlock SotN? That makes things a lot easier. I'll have to try this tonight.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    how do you unlock the original Rondo of Blood on there? I unlocked SOTN and Maria as a playable character, but I wanna check out the original. Somebody let me know how to unlock it please?

thats what I am trying to find out......

scratch that, here goes:

from gamefaqs:

On the fourth stage near the end you come to a large wall with a stairway on the top right corner, break the bottom part of the stairway to reveal some bombs. Hit them to blow up the wall, follow the path along until you get to two spike things going up and down. Jump on the right hand one and use it to get to some platforms on the right, follow that through and break the candle thingy at the end of the platforms to unlock the original.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

thats what I am trying to find out......

scratch that, here goes:

from gamefaqs:

On the fourth stage near the end you come to a large wall with a stairway on the top right corner, break the bottom part of the stairway to reveal some bombs. Hit them to blow up the wall, follow the path along until you get to two spike things going up and down. Jump on the right hand one and use it to get to some platforms on the right, follow that through and break the candle thingy at the end of the platforms to unlock the original.
    nice, I really wanna see it in its original glory. I'm sure its pretty good but I never got a chance to play the PC Engine version of the game so I am all about seeing what it was like. I'm sure its just a more oldschool looking version of the main game for the most part.

edit: I just randomly thought of something that would be great. Make a PSP 8 bit castlevania trilogy with enhanced graphics like this one. Who would buy that????? not many people I'm sure ha ha ha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Grabbed this game last night after seeing this thread, I completely forgot about it coming out and I got to GS right before it closed. I've been playing it since I woke up and I really don't understand the complaints about the difficulty, it's pretty much the same as it's always been. I guess that this generation of gamers are just a bunch of pussies.

The game is really worth the $29.99 price tag, I would've easily paid higher for this with no second thoughts.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Well, it looks like SOTN on this, is the psx version. I was having a streched hope that it was gonna be the Saturn version. However , it is different voice-wise and some other cosmetic things from the original psx version. I'd have easily paid 59.99 for this.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

actually I noticed in SOTN, the script for the voice acting is different all together. It gives the same story but they use a different way to say it. They did away with the "What is a man, a miserable pile of secrets" or whatever they said in the beggining before. I'm not sure if all of the script is different or not, but so far in the beggining it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I would like to add that you do not have to get the axe, the cross, or book will do the trick just fine.

They could've easily sold SOTN separately and made a bundle off of it alone, it's nice to see that they actually want to give the player their monies worth.
    Last edited by exit; 10-25-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Well, it looks like SOTN on this, is the psx version. I was having a streched hope that it was gonna be the Saturn version. However , it is different voice-wise and some other cosmetic things from the original psx version. I'd have easily paid 59.99 for this.
    99% sure you can play as Maria...

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

still not the saturn version, maria has a TOTALLY differnt move set then she did in the saturn version, also the extra saturn areas aren't in this version. (not sure about the new items and the one new relic are or not)