Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles with pre-order bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Was wondering about others figures. Are they all packaged with the Stage 03 card, or, are there different backgrounds.
    The front part of the packaging is just a reprint of the SDCC NECA 8 bit simon (CV1 colors) packaging so it's the only stage you can get. Though the rear part is different, instead of a CV1 NES box art logo its DXC's art.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

oh man, I had no idea that there were "maidens" you had to save in RoB. I took me a while to go through a bunch of the different paths and then make it to dracula. Now I gotta find some kinds of Maindens hidden around the castle. I have more of this game to go through than I thought. Are there any good walkthroughs that tell you how to get them? also I am also interested in using Maria for SOTN, can anybody confirm that she is playable in this version?

Also, how the hell do you get rid of the red skeleton walls and the iceberg walls?
    Last edited by mailman187666; 10-29-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    oh man, I had no idea that there were "maidens" you had to save in RoB. I took me a while to go through a bunch of the different paths and then make it to dracula. Now I gotta find some kinds of Maindens hidden around the castle. I have more of this game to go through than I thought. Are there any good walkthroughs that tell you how to get them? also I am also interested in using Maria for SOTN, can anybody confirm that she is playable in this version?
    There are four different maidens, including Maria. Here's a good walkthrough:
    http://www.persona-world.net/cve/dxcunlockables.html

I managed to unlock Maria in SotN. All you have to do is clear the Inverted Castle, with either ending, and enter "Maria" as your name in a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666
    Also, how the hell do you get rid of the red skeleton walls and the iceberg walls?
    Two of the maidens give you powerups that let you destroy them.

Also, does anyone find the pre-order bonus strange? It says "Stage 3" on it, yet it shows Stage 1 from the original Castlevania (unless maybe it means the third sub-area?). Then, the figurine is Simon from CV2, instead of how he looks in CV1. To top it off, Simon's not even in the games provided with DXC
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where is Annette in the remake? I found all the girls, except her.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX View Post
    Where is Annette in the remake? I found all the girls, except her.
    In Stage 7. It's a little more involved than the others.

In the first room in the Clock Tower, there's a Red Bone Wall. Destroy it, and stand on the switch until it goes down and the gears start moving. Go up a bit, and hit the gear on the right 6 times, or until the door opens up. Go through, and kill the bird holding the key. Go back into the main room.

From here, go up and into the next area. You'll find a Crystal Wall. Destroy it, and stand on the switch, until the gears below it start moving. Go down. You'll come across a door with a lock on it. Ignore it, and keep going down. Underneath it, you'll find another door with a key. This is the real room with Annette in it (the other one has a fake Annette Succubus), which you unlocked with that switch standing and wall breaking.

Hope that helps.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post
    In Stage 7. It's a little more involved than the others.

In the first room in the Clock Tower, there's a Red Bone Wall. Destroy it, and stand on the switch until it goes down and the gears start moving. Go up a bit, and hit the gear on the right 6 times, or until the door opens up. Go through, and kill the bird holding the key. Go back into the main room.

From here, go up and into the next area. You'll find a Crystal Wall. Destroy it, and stand on the switch, until the gears below it start moving. Go down. You'll come across a door with a lock on it. Ignore it, and keep going down. Underneath it, you'll find another door with a key. This is the real room with Annette in it (the other one has a fake Annette Succubus), which you unlocked with that switch standing and wall breaking.

Hope that helps.
    Sweet thanks man! I found the fake one accidentally the first try lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Heh, I did the same thing. I actually walked up to the Succubus, expecting a cutscene, and took my hands off the controls. I lost a lot of hearts that way
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat remake yesterday but I haven't fought with shaft(I'm not using any guides),
    I did unlock SotN already and here's the thing I noticed - 8th stage in the remake has exactly the same conversation as SotN.
    they are exactly the same.
    working on finding everything as of now - awesome game.
    I would easily spend $60 on this Dracula X Collection ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, I did the same thing. I actually walked up to the Succubus, expecting a cutscene, and took my hands off the controls. I lost a lot of hearts that way
    The biggest surprise is once I got Annette about an hour ago, is Dracula pulls a fast one on me for saving all 4 girls...kudos Konami...ya sneaky snake!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Wait, what fast one is this? I've only beaten it with the maidens all rescued; I'm not entirely privy to the details of the bad ending.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait, what fast one is this? I've only beaten it with the maidens all rescued; I'm not entirely privy to the details of the bad ending.
    His 3rd and final form in the remake. I didn't see that coming by a landslide. I thought it was going to end the same way it does in the original Rondo of Blood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Ah, I understand now. Yeah, that's a fun battle. Great game. "Behold my true form, and despair!"

I think DXC just taught me the true difference between casual vs. hardcore, collector vs. player. Most people look at remakes like this as a way to finally get to play an old game they were never able to. Add to that the fact that it comes with the original Rondo, finally translated into English, and there should be no reason to want the PCE version of the game. Well, this game has only served to make me even more desirous of a PC-Engine and Rondo, despite the price it commands (maybe it will go down, like Chrono Trigger did years ago with the PS1 re-release). I want to play it in its original form, untarnished and unmodified.

I guess that makes me either hardcore, or at least a collector
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, does anyone find the pre-order bonus strange? It says "Stage 3" on it, yet it shows Stage 1 from the original Castlevania (unless maybe it means the third sub-area?). Then, the figurine is Simon from CV2, instead of how he looks in CV1. To top it off, Simon's not even in the games provided with DXC
    It does indeed mean the third section of the stage, Castlevania split the stage numbers up more than the actuals levels, so to speak.

Anyway, I agree it's a strange pre-order bonus, but essentially it's a money saver. The original NECA Simon from the SDCC was in proper CV1 colors so matched the background on the package. All they did was do a repaint from the same mold and didnt bother to put in a CV2 background behind him, reusing that side of the packaging and printing DXC's art on the back instead of the CV1 art.

I think the most annoying thing about this is that Gamestop and everyone's materials displaying the pre order bonus showed it as CV1 simon like the SDCC, so those who already had one of those from NECA didnt preorder, then they announce at the last minute that it's a repaint. Argh.

Also, this game is really fun. I got fooled by the new Annette location as well, Laura came out instead and stole my hearts! I guess this is why Drac appears after the Carmilla boss and laughs for a second.

Stage 5' is now a true challenge, especially that serpent/leviathan boss. If the game sells well, apparently Iga will consider remaking CV3 in the same fashion. Thats a pretty fun thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

I hope the game sells well, but I'd rather see a remake of Simon's Quest. And thanks for the info on the stage splitting. I couldn't remember how it displayed it at the top of the screen.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i love this game. so happy i bought it. one of the best psp game yet. and a bargain for $30.

i hope they release Castlevania 1-3 in this fashion (remakes and originals). maybe even the original GB releases thrown in too?

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Just finished up the Rondo remake; I am now demolishing SotN. Again.

Does anyone else remember an announcement from either Konami or Sony to the effect that they were going to release Castlevania Chronicles for PS3/PSP on the Playstation Store? Around January? Or am I crazy?

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    i love this game. so happy i bought it. one of the best psp game yet. and a bargain for $30.

i hope they release Castlevania 1-3 in this fashion (remakes and originals). maybe even the original GB releases thrown in too?

ditto, I had to pickup/download castlevania 2 on the wii console, but it would be sweeet to have 1-3 remade for the psp or ds..... come on konami!!
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I understand now. Yeah, that's a fun battle. Great game. "Behold my true form, and despair!"

I think DXC just taught me the true difference between casual vs. hardcore, collector vs. player. Most people look at remakes like this as a way to finally get to play an old game they were never able to. Add to that the fact that it comes with the original Rondo, finally translated into English, and there should be no reason to want the PCE version of the game. Well, this game has only served to make me even more desirous of a PC-Engine and Rondo, despite the price it commands (maybe it will go down, like Chrono Trigger did years ago with the PS1 re-release). I want to play it in its original form, untarnished and unmodified.

I guess that makes me either hardcore, or at least a collector
    Well, I'd like to see the original Rondo on the Wii Virtual Console, since apparently the PSP TV option is COMPONENT ONLY...

And I refuse to upgrade my TV just to avoid Squint-o-vision, when I can just find a way to nag the hell out of Konami and Nintendo for a Wii release.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thoughts after having played through the remake (it's cool, but has nothing on the original), giving the original another go (my Duo sh*t the bed right before this came out), and beginning a new game of SOTN for the first time in a couple years (I've played through the PSX version several times and also completed the Saturn version):

This comp. has done nothing but solidify for me the fact that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, even with the classic Engrish script & voices replaced and with some small downgrades from the original PSX version, is still my favorite game of all time. The way Alucard controls still remains, and has always been, butter. The soundtrack is still an incredible masterstroke. Yes, the game is easy, and the way you use items is severely broken (I'd hoped they'd fix that), but neither of those issues really harm it for me. The DS and GBA "Metroidvanias" were all a lot of fun (the merger of character building with 2D action is my favorite kind of gameplay outside of the vertical scrolling shoot 'em up), but SOTN is several steps beyond any of those.

Metroid may have done it first, but SOTN freshened things up with a coat of gothic paint and actual experience system. I love Super Metroid as much as anyone, but SOTN did, and still does it better. Incidentally, I feel the same way about Okami vs. the 3D Zeldas, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Regardless, this game is a gold mine of excellence, and an exceptional value. If you love video games and have a PSP, there is no reason why you shouldn't buy this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to ask, but i somehow managed to delete my save file. I was 70% completed on rondo remix, and had found both sotn & the original rondo. can someone send me a savefile for the US UMD?

I checked on gamefaqs and all the saves wont work, seems theyre all for the korean iso..

please send file to neobuldogg@hotmail.com