Thread: Need help! Last battles in Shining Force 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help! Last battles in Shining Force 3

Hello! I've done pretty well up until now (just a few hints here and there) but I'm at a major battle, one of the last.

I am on the bridge fighting the collossus statue. I open the floodgates. WHERE do I need to be standing when the water comes? At the steps of the palace or underneath it? This is a long battle for a test (I've been killed once.)

And battle four of the "training mission" in the catacombs is a bitch... that mage has killed me TWICE. I guess the hero gets to sit it out in the back.

THANKS!!!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Samson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    Hello! I've done pretty well up until now (just a few hints here and there) but I'm at a major battle, one of the last.

I am on the bridge fighting the collossus statue. I open the floodgates. WHERE do I need to be standing when the water comes? At the steps of the palace or underneath it? This is a long battle for a test (I've been killed once.)
    Haha, yes -- they're far from explicit where exactly you're supposed to go to be protected. I had to do that several times before I figured it out. You want to be on the bridge, as close to the castle as you can fit all of your party members. (I'm almost certain this is right, but it's been a little while since I played it last.)

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    And battle four of the "training mission" in the catacombs is a bitch... that mage has killed me TWICE. I guess the hero gets to sit it out in the back.

THANKS!!!
    Also, yes, that battle is really hard -- it's really rewarding when you finally win, though! Have fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Samson View Post
    Haha, yes -- they're far from explicit where exactly you're supposed to go to be protected. I had to do that several times before I figured it out. You want to be on the bridge, as close to the castle as you can fit all of your party members. (I'm almost certain this is right, but it's been a little while since I played it last.)
    Yes, that is correct, I beat it a couple weeks ago. As close to the palace as you can get everyone, and you will save all your party members. Having a healer with aura 2 is a must, as the collosus smashes your party in that same huge diamond shape. After surviving all that, the fight that follows is comparatively easy so long as you didn't lose more than 1 or 2 fighters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! I'm used to fighting long battles just to retreat so I can get experience points but my hero (Prince Turd) has been killed THREE times now and you lose half your money and all your trust unless you just reboot... and then you have played all that time for absolutely NOTHING. Crap.

I wasn't happy when I finally managed to open the floodgates but got killed in the process.. I wasn't happy when the mage killed me on the 4th training level. I REALLY wasn't happy the 2nd time around on the 4th training level when Prince Turd was surrounded by friends and had been boosted AND protected against magic TWICE and then that damn mage threw a spell that knocked a few points off the characters all around me but completely killed my ass in one shot. DAMMIT!

I'll be back at it tonight. The seven year journey is almost complete!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~