View Poll Results: What do you think of OSG making a run of 3rd party manufacture DUO AC adapters?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's a great idea! When can I put down my deposit for the discounted offer?

8 36.36%
  • Interesting idea. Once you had them available, I'd consider possibly ordering one.

7 31.82%
  • I dunno. I'll use my DUO with a daisy chain of RatShack rigging.

2 9.09%
  • $20 AC adapter! Robbery, & just for considering this, give your head a shake.

3 13.64%
  • Cash for goods is fascist. Supply them for free, or at cost, for 'the good of the scene'.

2 9.09%

Thread: Interest Check- new manufacture DUO replacement AC adapters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Interest Check- new manufacture DUO replacement AC adapters

OSG has an opportunity to have a run of AC adapters made. The number one request we get, that we cannot fill, is for Turbo DUO and PC Engine DUO replacement AC adapters.

I have to make a minimum run of 1000 AC adapters. That quantity I cannot change, and for a business the size of OSG, it's a pretty serious commitment.

What I need to know, is how many people (if any!) would be interested in buying these.

OSG would likely be retailing these at about $19 per AC adapter. Shipping would be an extra $6 anywhere in North America.

I'm considering doing a pre order, if enough interest exists. If I did do that, you would need to put down a refundable $5 deposit on the pre-order of the AC adapter. (it would be refundable if the delivery fell through on our end for any reason). I would be also willing to offer a $5 discount to those who went with the pre-order, so the total for pre-ordered customers would be $20 shipped.

This is NOT a pre-order call. This is OSG sticking it's toe in the water to see if pursuing getting these made is wise, or foolish. Your feedback (pro and con) is appreciated, as opinions both ways will help me decide how to proceed if at all. Why not make it a poll?

Comments welcome!
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the votes so far. This is helpful.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought my duo off some guy who had modded the system to take a generic AC adapter. The mod is all internal. Not sure how it was done, but you might be able to offer that service instead. Still this is a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It never hurts to have a backup, but at $25, the price is a bit steep for me.

That being said, if my OEM one took a dump on me, I'd be all over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure that you'll ever sell that many, so I hope your cost is low

And yeah, the power jack from a genesis 1 solders in nicely. Has a slight gap around it, but you get the bonus of the 'universal donor' genesis power supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I've done that. Most internet buyers just want to buy a replacement AC, as opposed to modding the console.

But that is looking like the smartest solution.

Oh, and my apologies to those who think I should give them away (the 'fascist' choice). I'm not that selfless unfortunately. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the input. It looks like there is not enough interest right now to justify the investment. We'll see where things go in the future.