Thread: TooManyGames 6 - May 4th, 2008 - Reading, PA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Default TooManyGames 6 - May 4th, 2008 - Reading, PA

Greetings and salutations my fellow gamers and game collectors!

I'm extremely pleased to announce TooManyGames' first show in 2008! Sunday, May 4th TooManyGames will once again take place at the lovely Inn at Reading in Reading, Pennsylvania! Check out our brand new website at www.toomanygames.com

2008 will be the 5th anniversary of TooManyGames/ECGXpo and we're doing all sorts of new things to celebrate! Our first major announcement is that we have teamed up with Twin Galaxies to host the very first officially sanctioned Guitar Hero world record competition! The event, entitled Twin Galaxies Guitar Hero National Championship, will be the first time gamers from all over the nation will gather to prove who is the best Guitar Hero player in the world! High scores will be taken for all 3 major Guitar Hero releases! The original Guitar Hero will be played on the Playstation 2, Guitar Hero 2 will be played on the Xbox 360, and Guitar Hero 3 will be played on Nintendo's Wii!

Other events we're planning include two Halo 3 tournaments, a 2v2 team slayer and an 8 player free-for-all, a Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament, a video game themed scavenger hunt, Eggsplode for NES, Warlords for Atari 2600, Astrosmash for Intellivision, Tetris for NES, two Magic: The Gathering tournaments, more we haven't even thought of yet, and JSJ Tournament Games will be back with a plethora of their tournaments as well!

Of course no TMG would be complete without our amazing marketplace! Dozen of tables packed full of games for everyone to add to their collections! We've already had a dozen tables reserved before the website even went up! They're going to go extremely quick, so please reserve your tables soon! TMG is extremely affordable for any budget gamer or vendor! Tables start at $27 and go up to $33 and we also offer booths for vendors or groups who want a lot of space and high visibility!

We're expanding our free play area for this show! Our goal is to have 30 TVs and consoles set up for people to play throughout the show! Everyone who brings one table and one console with some games to play will get a free admission to the show! (please contact us prior to the show about which console(s) you will bring)

OverClocked Remix will once again be joining us at TooManyGames to provide the much needed musical component of any video game convention! OverClocked Remix is a group dedicated to mixing everyone's favorite video game soundtracks! They have thousands of songs available to download free on their website, www.ocremix.org

We also want to thank our first two sponsors for the May '08 TooManyGames! Mad-Gear (www.mad-gear.com 16-bit on the DP and Neo Geo forums) is donating a Neo Geo and games to be given away at TooManyGames! Carlson has done every one of our convention and has become an absolute staple at every game and anime con on the east coast! We thank Carlson and his company, Mad-Gear for their years of support!

We've also signed up Geek2Geek (www.gk2gk.com) as a sponsor! Geek2Geek is an online dating service which caters specifically to geeks by pinpointing what geeks are looking for in friends and romantic partners. Big thanks for Geek2Geek's sponsorship and aid in promoting the event!

Our 5th year of TooManyGames is shaping up to be the absolute best one yet! We have a LOT of stuff we're working on behind the scenes so we'll keep posting more announcements as we have more news for everyone!
    Last edited by intvsama; 10-19-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah what he said! I cant wait for this show!
    Too Many Games 12
    Friday June 15 - Sunday June 17 Oaks, PA
    www.toomanygames.com

my feedback! http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56075

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be there with 2 tables. Also, there's going to be a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl tourney that I'll be hosting.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant wait, the last show was awesome. Maybe by then I'll be able to finish my Genesis collection AND HAVE THEM ALL!!! *Evil laugh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i seriously hope this is after my finals week, i really want to come down to this!

"And shepards we shall be, for thee, my Lord, for thee. Power from hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patri et Fili Spiritu Sancte"

drwily008: A kodiak bear bent on world domination.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

finals arent important come anyway bring your teacher lol
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Default Our Press Release

I wanted to put our press release up here. If anyone knows any news outlets, blogs, or whatnot that would be interested in the show please either link them to our press release (http://www.toomanygames.com/pressrelease.pdf) or e-mail it to them. We need to get as much publicity as we can to help make this the biggest year ever!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Chuck Whitby Paul Truitt
    Attn: Business Affairs Attn: General Event Info
    217 W Vine St PO Box 666
    Fleetwood, PA 19522 Lahaska, PA 18931
    610.618.0653 215.307.7900
    chuck@toomanygames.com paul@toomanygames.com
    www.toomanygames.com www.toomanygames.com

TooManyGames – The east coast gaming event celebrates its 5th anniversary; unites gamers of all generations from Atari to Xbox.

Reading, Pa –- October 24, 2008 –- Over the past 4 years thousands of gamers, casual and hardcore, classic and modern have gathered at TooManyGames to celebrate their favorite pastime, video games. There are very few hobbies that have the appeal to bring people young and old together to directly interact with one another, video games are the timeless medium that everyone can enjoy.

“Gaming is something that everyone enjoys” says convention founder Chuck Whitby, “we have the rare opportunity to bring together people from all ages to do something they love doing, play video games. TooManyGames is all about the community aspect of gaming. Gamers can come together, play some games, shop around, win some awesome prizes and just have a great time without breaking the bank.”

TooManyGames features tons of great entertainment including:

- Dozens of game systems and arcade games set up for free play all day long
    - Twin Galaxies Guitar Hero World Record Competition
    - The largest gaming marketplace of any convention
    - Dozens of classic and modern game tournaments
    - Contests including the first TooManyGames Scavenger Hunt
    - Music DJ'ed by world famous OverClocked Remix
    - Cosplay Competition
    - TooManyGames Video Game Museum
    - tons more!

When asked why do an independent gaming convention like this, convention organizer Paul Truitt replied “You can go to bigger corporate gaming shows like E for All and VGXpo and just not come home satisfied; you either get too much corporate end and not enough retail end or just the opposite. Our smaller indie show lets us make our own decisions, lets us directly contact small mom and pop vendors and developers and invite them to come out and set up an an affordable priced show and also lets the big name retailers and developers get some direct marketing face to face to their customers without a huge expense either.”

TooManyGames is currently offering both table space and booth space for any size company to attend the show, make money, promote products, and just meet their customers. Space is also affordable enough for anyone to come out with a couple TVs and game systems and just hang out and play games with other gamers.

Interested exhibitors and sponsors should contact Chuck Whitby at chuck@toomanygames.com Anyone with general convention questions should contact Paul Truitt at paul@toomanygames.com

TooManyGames will make its return to the Inn at Reading in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania on Sunday, May 4th 2008. Show hours are 11am to 8pm, 10am to 8pm for people who preregister for tickets online. Media is welcome during setup hours of 7am-10am.

For more information on TooManyGames you can visit the official website at:
    www.toomanygames.com
    # # #
    Last edited by intvsama; 11-06-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RCM may be making his triumphant "return" to TMG in May. I'm looking forward to it; while I enjoyed myself at the recent VGXPO I miss shows like PC5 and ECGXpo.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Default TooManyGames Guitar Hero National Championships

TooManyGames and video game world record keepers Twin Galaxies have teamed up to host the first Guitar Hero National Championships, to he held at the May 4th TooManyGames convention. This is the first Guitar Hero event where world record scores will be taken for Twin Galaxies' website and future publications of the Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records.

The press release is available online in plain text, pdf, and OpenOffice odt format.

http://www.toomanygames.com/press/ghpressrelease.txt
    http://www.toomanygames.com/press/ghpressrelease.pdf
    http://www.toomanygames.com/press/ghpressrelease.odt

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Chuck Whitby Paul Truitt
    Attn: Business Affairs Attn: General Event Info
    217 W Vine St PO Box 666
    Fleetwood, PA 19522 Lahaska, PA 18931
    610.618.0653 215.307.7900
    chuck@toomanygames.com paul@toomanygames.com
    www.toomanygames.com www.toomanygames.com

TooManyGames & Twin Galaxies Join Forces To Host First Guitar Hero National Championships

Reading, Pa –- November 8th, 2008 –- Twin Galaxies, the world's oldest video game world record keepers and TooManyGames, the east coast's longest running gaming convention have partnered up to present the first Guitar Hero National Championships at the May 4th, 2008 TooManyGames convention.

Since its introduction over two years ago Guitar Hero has stormed its way into millions of living rooms across the nation. Its simplistic gameplay combined with the classic and modern rock music the game showcases have become a winning combination that is inviting to gamers of all ages.

Twin Galaxies, the only video game world record keepers to work with the Guinness Book recognizes Guitar Hero's importance in competitive high score gaming and has teamed up with TooManyGames to showcase the world's best Guitar Hero players.

President of Twin Galaxies, Walter Day had this to say, "The staff of Twin Galaxies eagerly looks forward to the 1st Guitar Hero National Championships and invites every "cyber-guitarist” in North America to participate. The results will be go into a future edition of Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records."

For 5 years TooManyGames has been a convention where gamers of all generations have felt welcome to come and celebrate their passion of playing and collecting video games. TooManyGames is unlike any other gaming convention that it doesn't focus on just one aspect of games, classic or modern, development or retail, playing or collecting, it encompasses all facets of the gaming world into one festival of gaming.

“Video gaming has once again become something that everyone can participate in, it's no longer just something the kids do when they come home from school.” TooManyGames founder Chuck Whitby explains, “In the '80s you could go into arcades and see mom and dad, businessmen, teenagers, kids, grandparents, everyone was there enjoying themselves playing games. With today's games gaming is all about inclusion again, everyone of every age is a gamer. Guitar Hero has had a big hand in expanding the gaming market to new and lapsed gamers.”

Prizes will be awarded to players who show exemplary gameplay skill. At this time Twin Galaxies only tracks scores on the medium and hard difficulty settings. All scores played on these difficulties will be tracked and recorded for inclusion on the Twin Galaxies website and future publications of the Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records. Should Twin Galaxies being accepting scores on the easy and expert difficulties those scores will also be tracked and recorded for inclusion in the world record book.

TooManyGames will once again return to The Inn at Reading in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania on Sunday, May 4th, 2008. Admission is only $5 for the show and $3.00 to participate in the Guitar Hero National Championships.

Applications for table and booth sales are still being accepted on the TooManyGames website. Companies interested in sponsoring the Guitar Hero National Championships should contact Chuck Whitby at the above information.

Visit the official TooManyGames website at www.toomanygames.com for more information on the convention and the Guitar Hero National Championships. For more information on Twin Galaxies and video game world records visit Twin Galaxies' website at www.twingalaxies.com

###
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heyyyy kids !!!!!! Lets bump this back on top page one first. We have some great vendors this years many tables booked! Plenty left! Soooo Its 4 months away guys are you excited ? I am! Chuck has some big news coming soon so keep your eyes pealed in this thread and on the website www.toomanygames.com . So anyone have any idea who you would like to see at the show maybe we can contact them and get them there? Anyone have ideas of who youd like to see as sponsors so you can get free goodies from them ? Contact me anytime here or aim xevilebunnyx If you have any input I mean this show is put on for YOU! yeah YOU thats right! So let me know what you want!
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As always... can't wait! This is one of the shows I really look forward to every time. I'll probably bring along a few arcade games as usual, as long as my van is available.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome...definately going...already have a table reserved...buy our genesis, saturn, and other stuff....or trade us neo-geo stuffs

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes yes what he said buy from everyone! spend your life savings!
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes yes....i accept children...wives...and homes as well

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that would be awesome If we could get wives for video games! or children and sell them on the black market wooot!
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like a cool show. I just might grace it with my presence.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

definately worth the 2 maybe 3 hour drive from baltimore!
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mindlesspunk77 View Post
    definately worth the 2 maybe 3 hour drive from baltimore!
    I'm not in Baltimore...I'm alittle further up north. So hopefully my drive will be even less than that.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome!
    Too Many Games 12
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

I will most likley be there driving from Morgantown, WV. I was at ECGXpo a few years ago (2006?) and seeing RCM drunk was a blast!