Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fun N' Games in Wayne NJ Closing

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Barcade is fine for what it is. It's not a place for video game enthusiasts to quietly and comfortably enjoy classic arcade games. It's loud, crowded, and people sometimes hog the machines. Once in a while a button won't work or a quarter will get eaten. In those cases, tell an employee and they'll refund your quarter. And yeah, dealing with quarters is a pain...BUT all of these "negatives" are authentic to the long lost arcade experience!

If you want a nicely lit, much more quiet, comfortable arcade experience with properly maintained cabinets *and* free play pricing, go to Yestercades in Red Bank, NJ. It is video game heaven (70+ arcades, roughly 20 pinball machines, and almost every home game console connected to TVs with shelves full of games):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodrob...7629917556084/

And the pinball equivalent is Silverball Museum Arcade in Asbury Park, NJ. Very impressive:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodrob...7629905598558/

I highly recommend both places!
    It's really the maintenance (or lack thereof) on the cabinets that kills me at Barcade. If the place was loud and crowded I wouldn't care if the games all worked well.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GamerTheGreek View Post
    I still miss the one in clifton that used to be open on 46 . Used to have a caldors in the same shopping center. Now i think Barnes and noble is in there, kohls and a few others. Pizza46 is in the same mall. sad times how many arcades are still open in northern nj?
    I remember going there for birthday parties as a kid. The arcade in the rockaway mall was fun, even the new brighter version.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

fuddruckers in Wayne, NJ has a nice little Arcade in it..

http://www.fuddruckers.com/index.php

Wayne
    1813 Route 23 S.
    Wayne, NJ 07470
    (973) 633-9700

I just had a 30 people Party there and we had a BLAST in the Arcade..(they don't reserve the lace for parties ,You can have a party there,gifts,balloons,Cake with no issues.

Best to go before 5pm or after 8pm as it’s less crowded..The Dinner Crew come in around 6 and the place s mobbed..

And Right down the highway is a :

chucke cheese
    http://www.chuckecheese.com/
    Wayne
    1639 Rt. 23 South
    Wayne, NJ, 07470
    (973) 305-9635
    Store Hours:
    Mon-Thur 10am-10pm
    Fri 10am-11pm
    Sat 9am-11pm
    Sun 9am-10pm
    This place has been extended...Redone adding a whole bunch of Arcade Machines.

Grab the Token Coupons online and you have a a lot of Arcade Gaming..

Bes to go on a .Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday..Friday is PACKED..

This place is HUGE..I was blown away by the amount of Adult available Arcade machines ..for 1 Token..
    New Type Machines but Still Arcade Machine and 1 Pinball Machine..
    Paramus
    275 Route 4 West
    Paramus, NJ, 07652
    (201) 487-1088
    Store Hours:
    Sun-Thur 9am-10pm
    Fri-Sat 9am-11pm
    This only issue I have found and heard about this location is it’s Address is not correct in GPS systems..GPS units take you to another location on rte 4 where at that location there is no CC .
    The location you are taken to they know all about the GPS issue and have become direction givers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nothing much to report here - I visited the pinball / arcade service folks who have a shop at the edge of downtown Kalamazoo; they let me wander around a minute unsupervised, which was nice. I wonder who their clients are; they obviously do work on restoring machines from all eras - from some pinballs (and the like) which looked quite old (maybe a few pre-60s even?) as well as some newer environmental racers were in their work space.

It kind of struck me that the Lakeview Square Mall feels a lot less exciting than it once did; the middle stretch seems just barren to me.

The main entrance used to have a Chi-Chi's (closed a while before the franchise folded, I think) and transitioned seamlessly into Applebee's. On the right side of the door there was at one time an Aladdin's Castle, which I visited maybe once. I don't remember the layout especially well, but I have the feeling that it occupied a corner. For many years the area was open to a food court, but recently they closed it up again (and left only a corridor strip for a few remaining small food vendors, and tables) for a Buffalo Wild Wings. I doubt there's any likelihood of Wings moving out for an arcade, but they've got the right physical layout again.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Daryll, I haven't been to that Fuddruckers in ages, 15 years. Back then they had a small game room with 8 or 9 really dirty games. We never went back because the food was disgusting. While there may be lots of machines there, there's no chance I'm going to a Chuck E. Cheese. Do I look like Jerry Sandusky?

Ed, I think you're in the wrong thread.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, that was pretty uncalled for dude. I thought that was actually on-topic based on the first post.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 03-13-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Daryll, I haven't been to that Fuddruckers in ages, 15 years. Back then they had a small game room with 8 or 9 really dirty games. We never went back because the food was disgusting. While there may be lots of machines there, there's no chance I'm going to a Chuck E. Cheese. Do I look like Jerry Sandusky?

Ed, I think you're in the wrong thread.

What's up Greg..

I remember an old topic about Fun and Games that I posted in,I used to frequent the place ..when I could,minus trying to get around the gothic kids just hanging out..But wait maybe this is the same old thread.

I have not been to the Fuddruckers on Rte. 22 or rte. 4 in ages as those two places were so filthy I had to walk out..and got sick later..

Fuddruckers on rte. 23 however is clean..lots of new things,soda dispensers..The manager on the night we were there for my daughters party was Incredible..Tis guy cared about the place and dictated clean up orders on the spot.he had workers moving..I needed tables he got me tables..
    Very nice guy who comes up to tables and sees if everything is ok..If your order is taken to long he goes and gets it.
    He’s a volunteer fire fighter who the night before handled an all night fire in the freezing cold yet still was at this job the next day in high spirits ..

here’s some videos I took of the party,gameplay
    http://youtu.be/WUDHLYdo2k4
    http://youtu.be/uU39iR-yJNc
    http://youtu.be/a24-3ugzefg

Everyone enjoyed themselves there rom the party,he food was great.
    I will admit some of he arcade machines were broken,but I blame that on “people/kids” trashing them..an the Arcade op not being on top of them..I believe the machines are not owned by the restaurant but by an Arcade operator who also runs,owns the machines in the nearby Chucky Cheese.

Chucky Cheese.down the road from Fuddruckers on rte. 23 has been totally renovated and extended,they bought out the adjacent store..the place is filled with adult and kid arcade machines.
    However I won’t eat there,the place for eating is too dirty,simple it gets to crowded ..and tables are filthy,teenage workers BSing around,using he same dirty rag to wipe tables.
    The place just reeks of germs..
    But the arcade machines are awesome ,and not much left arounf me...
    Besides Betson Imperial
    http://www.betson.com/
    Betson Enterprises Headquarters 303 Paterson Plank Rd.
    Carlstadt, NJ 07072

The last time I was there they have Arcade machines/pinball machines in the lobby on free play for test play..
    It’s a little secret my uncle told me about after looking for arcade machine parts...I’ve spent hours in this place trying new arcade machines.

http://www.betson.com/about/offices2.php

Fuddruckers

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Sorry Ed.

Daryll, I actually work like 1/2 a mile from Betson in Carlstadt; however I'd be far too uncomfortable just walking into their lobby, playing the games, and leaving.

That Rt. 23 FR's does look nicer, but far too cramped and crowded with kids for me.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Sorry Ed.

Daryll, I actually work like 1/2 a mile from Betson in Carlstadt; however I'd be far too uncomfortable just walking into their lobby, playing the games, and leaving.

That Rt. 23 FR's does look nicer, but far too cramped and crowded with kids for me.
    My goodness you are quite local to me..

Yea,when I used to go to Betson in Carlstadt I was going there for Arcade or Pinball Machine parts so I 'd hit the parts dept,place an order or they can't get the part...I'd check out the games and leave..The Arcade Flyers they would have on display Free I'd be all into..Right now I have a OUTRUN Flyer Frames on my wall that I got from there..

Betson in Carlstadt still has some minor pinball machine parts there that I ordered years ago and never picked up lol..