Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Band Thread (DLC Priced, Cheaper than GHIII)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Well they just changed the release day on their website. On my order confirmation email it says ships on the 20th. (bought it this morning) Now when I just went to buy a copy for my friend it says ships on the 27th.

It didn't see where it said sold out for 360, it just says backorded not in stock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I played the demo at my local Wal-Mart (Yes, Wally World has a demo of Rock Band), and here's my thoughts:

- The guitar feels like Guitar Hero, but the strum bar doesn't feel right (It's not firm and clicky enough). However, it looks great and if the strum bar was better, it's easily beat the Guitar Hero controller.

- The drums are great. It takes a little getting used to, but it works great and is a blast.

-My favorite feature (Beside 4-player Co-op) would have to be the Freestyle points, where you can go nuts with your instrument to boost your score.

Overall, it's going to be best in co-op. If you don't have enough friends to play Rock Band, then get Guitar Hero 3

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

More Rock Band DLC announced. And by more I mean TONS!

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewt...46c368ad765c10

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally had a chance to try the demo this afternoon (I went to a Best Buy last night and their demo was broken ). I tried both the guitar and the drums, and I have to say that I like playing the drums at least as much as the guitar. I played "Tom Sawyer" on guitar and "In Bloom" on drums -- the guitar felt more solid to me than the ones that come with Guitar Hero, and the second set of buttons at the bottom of the neck are a nice addition (though I never actually used them). The drums are very accurate and seem well made too. However, the drum parts of the songs don't seem to be as hard as the guitar parts; I scored 97% in Expert mode on my first try, and this is coming from someone who struggles to pass the first couple of tiers of Guitar Hero III on expert. Of course, this could just be the song I played, since the drum playing in "In Bloom" isn't all that complex.

On top of all of that, the overall presentation of the game is *much* nicer than Guitar Hero and feels more like watching a concert on TV -- constantly changing camera angles, a realistic looking crowd... the whole thing oozes style. The interface doesn't even feel particularly cluttered, even with a person playing each of the 3 instruments at the demo kiosk.

Overall, I think that Rock Band runs circles around Guitar Hero 3 -- better songs, better instruments, much better presentation (not even including the awesome-sounding Career mode, which the demo doesn't have). I'm glad I've already pre-ordered, but now I just need to find 3 more people to round out my band...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like fun, haven't gotten a chance to play it. It would have been nice if it were coming out for the Wii, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    I finally had a chance to try the demo this afternoon (I went to a Best Buy last night and their demo was broken ). I tried both the guitar and the drums, and I have to say that I like playing the drums at least as much as the guitar. I played "Tom Sawyer" on guitar and "In Bloom" on drums -- the guitar felt more solid to me than the ones that come with Guitar Hero, and the second set of buttons at the bottom of the neck are a nice addition (though I never actually used them). The drums are very accurate and seem well made too. However, the drum parts of the songs don't seem to be as hard as the guitar parts; I scored 97% in Expert mode on my first try, and this is coming from someone who struggles to pass the first couple of tiers of Guitar Hero III on expert. Of course, this could just be the song I played, since the drum playing in "In Bloom" isn't all that complex.

On top of all of that, the overall presentation of the game is *much* nicer than Guitar Hero and feels more like watching a concert on TV -- constantly changing camera angles, a realistic looking crowd... the whole thing oozes style. The interface doesn't even feel particularly cluttered, even with a person playing each of the 3 instruments at the demo kiosk.

Overall, I think that Rock Band runs circles around Guitar Hero 3 -- better songs, better instruments, much better presentation (not even including the awesome-sounding Career mode, which the demo doesn't have). I'm glad I've already pre-ordered, but now I just need to find 3 more people to round out my band...

Drums will get much harder once you factor in the pedal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Did anyone order this from rockband.com a while ago? I just preordered it a week ago with the supposed ship date of December 4th, and now its status is "back ordered". I'm wondering if it also says that for those who ordered it a while ago and got an early place in line.

Now I'm debating if I should look into another website to order from, like newegg or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best buy I work in STILL does not have this game setup....no idea whats going on, we have all been looking forward to trying it out. Also I imagine the no foot pedal in the demo is probably because of theft reasons.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    The head editor of Game Informer was on one of the local morning shows and he said the guitar parts in Rock Band aren't done as well as Guitar Hero (they're simpler), but they're still pretty fun.
    They look simpler because the songs are chosen keeping all members in the band in mind instead of just guitar heavy songs. Thing is the timeing window for hitting the notes is smaller than it is in GH3, and if you miss notes you'll fail out alot quicker than you would in previous GH games. I've seen several people stunned by how quick they failed out of a demo song while playing guitar.

Most people here probably already know this, but Rock Band is made by Harmonix, who made the first 2 Guitar Hero games, so we can count on note charts that make sense. I like GH3, but some of the note charts in that game just feel really off to me.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Oh wow. I finally had that problem with that guitar for this game. The strum bar DEFINITELY is not clicky enough. Guitar Hero guitars are compatible with this game right? I'm definitely going to have to use one of those.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Just a note to mention that our demo guitar has bit the dust.

Well, not completely, it's just the strum bar isn't registering on downstrokes. I know it's getting a lot of play-so much, in fact, that the demo is now in it's third home (in the rear of the store) due to the noisy drums.

The guitar does feel a bit cheap now that I've really spent some time with it. It feels like you could break the neck of the guitar over your leg with little to no effort at all. Dunno if it's just the demo instrument or what.

Drums are holding up quite well, considering the abuse they've gotten, I'm sure.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Downloadable Content pricing released: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182927...s&subj=6182927

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    Rock Band will still feature preselected three-song packs for download, but they will instead cost $5.49 (440 Microsoft points on Xbox 360). Songs will also be available individually for $1.99. Harmonix has said future songs will be sold individually for as little as $.99 (80 Microsoft points), and as much as $2.99 (240 points). However, "the vast majority" will come in at the standard $1.99 price point. The developer did not say how much full-album downloads would be, or when the first albums would be released.

Harmonix also detailed its release schedule for the first five weeks after Rock Band launches. The opening week will be highlighted by track packs from Metallica, The Police, and Queens of the Stone Age, with individual songs from Creedence Clearwater Revival, Foreigner, T-Rex, and more. Downloaded tracks will be integrated into all of the game's modes, and will be playable online only if all players have purchased the songs.

Week of November 20, 2007: (*--asterisk denotes a cover version)
    Metallica Pack
    "Ride the Lightning"--Metallica
    "Blackened"--Metallica
    "And Justice for All"--Metallica

The Police Pack
    "Can't Stand Losing You"--The Police
    "Synchronicity II"--The Police
    "Roxanne"--The Police

Queens of the Stone Age Pack
    "3's and 7's"--Queens of the Stone Age
    "Little Sister"--Queens of the Stone Age
    "Sick Sick Sick"--Queens of the Stone Age

Individual Tracks
    "Fortunate Son" as made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival *
    "Juke Box Hero" as made famous by Foreigner *
    "Bang a Gong (Get It On)" as made famous by T-Rex *
    "My Sharona" as made famous by The Knack *
    "Cherry Bomb" as made famous by The Runaways *
    "Joker & The Thief"--Wolfmother

Week of November 27, 2007
    David Bowie Pack
    "Moonage Daydream"--David Bowie
    "Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie *
    "Queen Bitch" as made famous by David Bowie *

Week of December 4, 2007
    Black Sabbath Pack
    "N.I.B." as made famous by Black Sabbath *
    "Sweet Leaf" as made famous by Black Sabbath *
    "War Pigs" as made famous by Black Sabbath *

Week of December 11, 2007
    Punk Pack:
    "Rockaway Beach"--Ramones
    "I Fought the Law"--The Clash
    "Ever Fallen In Love" as made famous by Buzzcocks *

Week of December 18, 2007
    Individual Tracks
    "My Iron Lung"--Radiohead
    "Buddy Holly"--Weezer
    "Brass in Pocket" as made famous by The Pretenders *
    -GAC-
    #vbender

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Well that was quick. The demo unit already has the guitar broken, the drum sticks shattered and the mic beaten to hell. Needless to say the game is no longer functioning. I really hate demo units around here. If you're not there the day they come out of the box, don't even bother.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    Well that was quick. The demo unit already has the guitar broken, the drum sticks shattered and the mic beaten to hell. Needless to say the game is no longer functioning. I really hate demo units around here. If you're not there the day they come out of the box, don't even bother.
    I've seen people beating the shit out of the instruments. I can't tell if they're just 'really into it' or if they're just being jackasses. They'll throw everything on the floor when they're done with it.

It's unfortunate that people don't treat things with respect.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does Amazon.com list the Xbox 360 special edition for $250 and the PlayStation 2 special edition for $150? Why is there a $100 price difference?

If Xbox 360s were cheaper and more reliable, I'd buy one just for this game. Is there any word on a Wii version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Why does Amazon.com list the Xbox 360 special edition for $250 and the PlayStation 2 special edition for $150? Why is there a $100 price difference?

If Xbox 360s were cheaper and more reliable, I'd buy one just for this game. Is there any word on a Wii version?

Notice the seller..."hubbagames"

Amazon.com is no longer taking pre orders for this game (360 and PS3 versions), it is only being sold by third party companies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL View Post
    Notice the seller..."hubbagames"

Amazon.com is no longer taking pre orders for this game (360 and PS3 versions), it is only being sold by third party companies.
    So the Xbox 360 version is really supposed to be $150 as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    So the Xbox 360 version is really supposed to be $150 as well?
    The 360 and PS3 versions are 169.99 MSRP.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I can see a future problem with the guitars, as it seems there are several accounts of downstrokes not working on demo units. Granted, they are demo units so they will get a fair amount of abuse, it's no different than the amount of abuse someone is going to give it over a year or longer. Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

the demo instruments are pre-production models and are not the ones that will be included with the game. They look the same but the final versions will be sturdier and all that.