Thread: Daisenryaku VII Exceed - Will it see the light of day?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Daisenryaku VII Exceed - Will it see the light of day?

I heard about this coming to North America back in early September and since then I've been eagerly awaiting it's release. Now, it's not uncommon for games to get pushed back, although it's pretty frustrating when you only buy 2 or 3 PS2 games a year and basically all of them got pushed back a few times.

Not to say it will be canned, but speaking for myself, I'm full of anxiety regarding the next release day. Honestly speaking, I'll probably give the EB clerk a piece of my mind if it's pushed back yet again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    I'll probably give the EB clerk a piece of my mind if it's pushed back yet again.
    Because he was the one who made the call to have it delayed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Sir I am here to buy a game.

"Sorry the game was delayed by the Publisher."

*Vicious beating ensues*

"ok...ok... I will make some calls..."

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

November 13th is a hell of a day for PS2 game releases. I've got the game preordered on Amazon (along with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, King of Fighters XI, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Puzzle Quest, and the not-so-budget-priced Petz Dogz 2). My wallet is crying

What are the main differences between Daisenryaku VII and Exceed? Is there a page out there that breaks down the changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    Because he was the one who made the call to have it delayed?
    You've got to take it out on someone. I don't blame them but I'm pretty annoyed with EB in general. The fact that unless you pre-order a game, or get it early on the day a game comes out you won't be getting a new game(for the most part). This goes along with the release date issue where they probably shouldn't give a date until it is final, so something like what quarter the game comes out in only to specify when it's for sure.

Speaking of the comparison between VII and Exceed, I can't honestly say I know myself having not known anything about the Xbox game. I know information is fairly limited on this series (in the West) but I'm sure more will leak out once Exceed actually 'out'. Although some may have already played the import which has been out a while now.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You've got to take it out on someone. I don't blame them but I'm pretty annoyed with EB in general. The fact that unless you pre-order a game, or get it early on the day a game comes out you won't be getting a new game(for the most part). This goes along with the release date issue where they probably shouldn't give a date until it is final, so something like what quarter the game comes out in only to specify when it's for sure.
    So you are incapable of concluding that if you purchase a game before it comes out it may get delayed and you may not get it on time? So because you're angry with a developer/publisher you're going to walk into a store and yell at an EB games employee (who's probably a high school/college kid that may or may not know a thing about the industry?) Just because you need to "take it out on someone"?

I don't know how you guys do things in Toronto, but where I'm from if you walked into a store and harassed an employee just because you were irritated and needed someone to pick on both the employee and store manager would drag you into the back and shove a pair of box cutters straight up your ass. Then charge you for damaged merchandise. You know, people like you are the reason why when I have a legitimate complaint and try to politely get something done about it I get the cold shoulder, because employees are so used to dealing with assholes they don't have any inclination to go out of their way to help someone. And nor would I in the same situation. Seriously, I hope you do get the opportunity to yell at an EB employee. And I hope he's just put in his last shift so he has the opportunity to drag you into the street and give you what you deserve.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, you really took that the wrong way. Perhaps had I thrown in an emoticon then you'd understand my tone a bit better.

Regarding my beef with EB, it stems from their assessment of what is a new game. In the past you could goto EB, pick up new game display copy and have the clerk retrieve a 'new' copy from the back. Then a couple years ago they decided to do away with this action, and just had the display shells as the actual copy you'd buy. This means the game has been opened, handled and what not, still EB likes to call this new. This is a big fucking deal if you really want a new game and EB is the only store that will carry the game. There are only a few ways to avoid this:

1. Hope it's a very popular game with a high print, therefore buying new anywhere for a long time won't be a problem.
    2. Buy the game on the first day it is released. This is important since, if a proper date isn't established, how on earth are you supposed to get to the store that day?
    3. If you cannot get it as soon as it's out, pre-order, but that's additional cost which for some people is a bit unjustified.

With pre-ordering, if I could simply outright buy the game and therefore reserve the copy, I'd be fine with that. However, this $5 additional fee is absurd, and something I'm literally not buying into. Having said that, with how little most of the employees actually know about anything, given how little the head office knows in-turn, is not my problem. If they want to avoid irate customers they shouldn't state a definite release date until they have the product in warehouse. Instead, give a figure around the quarters of the year and perhaps explain to customers that they have no control over a games release date and that when it is definitely out they'll provide a specific date when the time comes. Besides the fact most EB employees are already assholes to begin with, whether or not I give some feedback has little to do with it. Perhaps it would be better to be a brainless sheep and only accept the reality that is, often, lousy service.

By the way, if any EB employee attempted to drag me into the street.... heheh, I can always use a workout outside of hockey and what not.

Hoping Wolfrider31 and I haven't derailed this brief topic enough, I'd like to say that upon visiting the publishers website forum: Valcon Games - I've discovered that there is no date stated by any employees whatsoever, so any date that has been posted is... an estimate. At least good work is being put into the game and hopefully a date comes up before the end of the month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    I don't know how you guys do things in Toronto, but where I'm from if you walked into a store and harassed an employee just because you were irritated and needed someone to pick on both the employee and store manager would drag you into the back and shove a pair of box cutters straight up your ass. Then charge you for damaged merchandise.
    You Canucks are fucking hardcore.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, you really took that the wrong way. Perhaps had I thrown in an emoticon then you'd understand my tone a bit better.

Hoping Wolfrider31 and I haven't derailed this brief topic enough, I'd like to say that upon visiting the publishers website forum: Valcon Games - I've discovered that there is no date stated by any employees whatsoever, so any date that has been posted is... an estimate. At least good work is being put into the game and hopefully a date comes up before the end of the month.
    LoL, sorry. I was actually being facetious... well somewhat. I do have a problem with "overzealous" customers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    You Canucks are fucking hardcore.
    I 'd at that.

I've been looking forward to it to though, and Gamespot still has it listed as Nov. 13 so... *fingers crossed*
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Wait a minute, $5 ADDITIONAL fee? What the hell is wrong with your EB? That fee is supposed to apply to the amount the game costs, so, say, if you're pre-ordering a 30 dollar game, you'll only have to pay $25 when you pick it up. That's how it is in the US, at least. o_O That's just the minimum payment as well. You're allowed to fully pay off a game if you'd like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.valcongames.com/dsexceed-ps2.htm

It went Gold (slated for shipment) not long ago and is due out after or around Dec.14.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Wait a minute, $5 ADDITIONAL fee? What the hell is wrong with your EB? That fee is supposed to apply to the amount the game costs, so, say, if you're pre-ordering a 30 dollar game, you'll only have to pay $25 when you pick it up. That's how it is in the US, at least. o_O That's just the minimum payment as well. You're allowed to fully pay off a game if you'd like.
    I was thinking the same thing. Are you sure you're not misunderstanding? Because I've never heard of anything like that, and neither has my roommate, who managed our local EB for years.

As much as I dislike the concept of "pre-order it or you won't get it", I think pre-orders are one of the few things EB/Gamestop actually does really well. Not only can you put down whatever amount you want (min. $5) but it's a little-known option that you can slide that deposit onto ANY upcoming release at any time. For instance - I had Mario Galaxy reserved at my local Gamestop. Then, I found out about the Toys-R-Us gift card deal. So I ended up buying my copy of galaxy from TRU. The next day, I simply stopped into Gamestop and asked them to slide my deposit over to SSB Brawl. They did so without hesitation, and even issued me a new receipt stating as such.

Also, although it is inconvenient for the store and looks bad for the employee, my roommate informs me that they are required to refund you deposit, IN CASH, if you insist upon it. The employee might be a bit reluctant (it looks bad for their numbers) and try to talk you out of it, but if you stick to your guns they will do it. So, as far as I can tell, there really is no reason NOT to pre-order a game if you think you'll want it on release day. You might want to call your EB and make sure you're informed on their deposit policy. Also, if you do so, come back and let us know what you found out. I'd find it an interesting bit of trivia if Canadian EBs were randomly charging extra to reserve games ... and if they're not, I'd be glad to know we helped someone.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

They charge $5 more for budget game releases... so $15 games are $20 instead. They did this with Fatal Fury Volume 1, Art of Fighting, and I'm sure they're doing it on Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Are you sure you're not misunderstanding? Because I've never heard of anything like that, and neither has my roommate, who managed our local EB for years.

As much as I dislike the concept of "pre-order it or you won't get it", I think pre-orders are one of the few things EB/Gamestop actually does really well. Not only can you put down whatever amount you want (min. $5) but it's a little-known option that you can slide that deposit onto ANY upcoming release at any time. For instance - I had Mario Galaxy reserved at my local Gamestop. Then, I found out about the Toys-R-Us gift card deal. So I ended up buying my copy of galaxy from TRU. The next day, I simply stopped into Gamestop and asked them to slide my deposit over to SSB Brawl. They did so without hesitation, and even issued me a new receipt stating as such.

Also, although it is inconvenient for the store and looks bad for the employee, my roommate informs me that they are required to refund you deposit, IN CASH, if you insist upon it. The employee might be a bit reluctant (it looks bad for their numbers) and try to talk you out of it, but if you stick to your guns they will do it. So, as far as I can tell, there really is no reason NOT to pre-order a game if you think you'll want it on release day. You might want to call your EB and make sure you're informed on their deposit policy. Also, if you do so, come back and let us know what you found out. I'd find it an interesting bit of trivia if Canadian EBs were randomly charging extra to reserve games ... and if they're not, I'd be glad to know we helped someone.
    I've confirmed with a few friends of mine and it seems that in some of the local EB's 'used' to do this. Which generally prompted one to make a minimum pre-order of a game at one EB. Get the confirmation call that it's arrived. Go to that location, cancel/get refunded for the pre-order, then proceed to another EB that also has X item in stock. I've personally done that at least 3 times in the past.

As far as flexibility with the pre-order, changing items, adding amounts, etc.. I've never had any problems there but, it seems some protocol was a little different about 4 years ago as I reckon.

Keeping on topic. Since I double-checked with the venue I have Exceed po'ed at EB, which confirms it states that the minimum is just deducted from the total price. I'm thinking I'll go by tomorrow and drop the rest on it. I'm pretty keen for December as this holiday is really shaping up for interesting titles.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 12-22-2007 at 02:50 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's out at both Best Buy and K-Mart for $10 (YMMV). One K-Mart I went to had the game for $15 and another had it for $20.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.