Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Places to buy games in Missouri?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yeah, Game Trader is pretty close to the airport.I'd say more than 10 minutes though...just don't go durring rush hour. A few more miles west on 70 is Mid Rivers Mall which has a pretty big Slackers. If you go there, you should also check out Neutral Zone. It's not a video game store but they do have some arcade machines. It's mainly a Sci-Fi collectables/toys from the 80's store.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0) DaddyMulk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bumped to show my appreciation. I was able to make it to the Game Trader for about 45 minutes, and was VERY impressed! It reminded me of some game stores we used to have in Columbus years ago before the scene kind of went to hell here. I was blown away by the number of retro imports he had, the number of mid-level retro games (stuff that's not that rare or coveted, yet uncommon enough that you just don't see it often), and his prices (stuff was reasonably priced IMO, and the owner actually gave me 15% off the stuff I was buying without me even asking for it). I went to CORGS this weekend, and I'd go so far as to say The Game Trader's stock was more impressive than 95% of what I saw there. I'll definitely be stopping back the next time I'm in St. Louis.