Thread: Impressions on Lucienne's Quest

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Impressions on Lucienne's Quest

I am about 2/3rds of the way done with this game. As I have mentioned before, this is my second time purchasing it. The first time was merely for collectors value. Eventually I sold it boxed on eBay for $200 bucks. I was able to get my Rickenbacker 330 Fireglo, so no worries. In any case, I just bought it again (Just the case and manual and cd) for a third of that.

Let me just say, this game is pretty "meh." Everyone who has played it probable knows how I mean. The game just feels very linear and "cheap." Like really, who the fuck is Microcabin. In addition, the dialouge is very brief. It's a pretty cool title or whatever because of its collectors value and what not, but I wouldn't put it past myself to sell it at some point. In any case, does anyone else feel similar thoughts on this game.

Another thing that dampens the experience is that I am trying to beat this title before I pop in my FFIIIj english translated reproduction I just got. I kinda wanted to take a break from nes for the moment since I just beat my Earthbound nes repro.
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Unhappy

Who is Microcabin!?!? Man, I can't believe that question was asked.

They hit it big in Japan with their Xak series. They were action RPGs similar to the Ys games and consisted of Xak I, II, III, and the spin off Fray. As far as I know they mostly made RPGs but also made a few shooters as well.

I think their best game, however, was Mystaria / Blazing Heroes on the Sega Saturn. They took the Shining Force mold into 3D years before Shining Force III came out. The game is pure SF goodness and from its massive spells to the god-sent sound track it stole away months of my younger years. I LOVED the sound track. Seriously, why dont they make GOOD redbook sound tracks like this anymore!?!?!? Too bad the sequel Riglord Saga 2 never made it outside Japan.

Years later I found that Microcabin had 2 other RPGs released in the US. Both of which were on the 3DO. One day I will own a 3DO and these games. I envy you sir! Even though to you its some obscure "cheap" feeling RPG..... to me its a dream and eventually I will play them.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?