Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro Gaming Stores In Central Florida?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default Retro Gaming Stores In Central Florida?

So yeah basically moved here 2 years ago and in that time I've yet to see an honest to god video game store that deals in vintage gaming, this is a thread for any floridians, specifially those in the orlando area to congregate and share any spots they may know about

i'll start with one i found in kissimmee about 2 months ago called gaming world, its right by BVL, their genesis and snes games are top notch and their collection is pretty extensive

ps1 rpgs is where this store really shines imo sadly their sega saturn games could be better which sucks for me personally but wateva

anyway add on on share some gaming stories

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a store on E. Colonial (Hwy. 50) close to Circuit City and Barnes and Noble, and right next to a Wendy's. It's small and has a lot of classic games but they are overpriced for the most part. I've only ever been the in store a few times, and it's worth checking out just to see f there's anything they hae you need. I wouldn't be able to tell you the name though. And that's really the only place I know. I get most of my games at pawn shops and thrift stores. Anyway hope this helps.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    There's a store on E. Colonial (Hwy. 50) close to Circuit City and Barnes and Noble, and right next to a Wendy's. It's small and has a lot of classic games but they are overpriced for the most part. I've only ever been the in store a few times, and it's worth checking out just to see f there's anything they hae you need. I wouldn't be able to tell you the name though. And that's really the only place I know. I get most of my games at pawn shops and thrift stores. Anyway hope this helps.

which pawn shops and thrift stores do u go to? i havent had any luck whatsoever at the shops around here, the flea market on 192 close to disney sumtimes gets lucky but its usually old nintendo games that arent even rare or the knock off chinese systems that come with like 100 variations of super mario and duck hunt preloaded

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now bear in mind... I hit these places several times a week on the way home from work before they yield anything good. On OBT there is a big Goodwill near the Florida Mall and also a Savers Thrift (usually better than the Goodwill)... and also on the same strip there are 2 pawn shops... Diamond Pawn and an Americas Pawn (usually better for ps2 and XBOX games). All of these stores (thrift and pawn) are between i-4 and Sandlake Rd on OBT... Those are the ones I frequent most- but I'm moving out of Florida in a week or two... so good luck with finds there.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would recommend going to Flea World in Sanford - the Game Traders there is usually pretty good. There are a couple of other dealers there, too. S&F is the place on Colonial - I've only been there once. My wife said she saw an add for a big flea market in Kissimmee, but we haven't gone, nor do I know if they have anything there. I was talking to a Game Traders guy last year and I *thought* he indicated they have a good retail store in Daytona, but I might have misunderstood. They definitely have a booth at the Daytona flea market.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post
    I would recommend going to Flea World in Sanford - the Game Traders there is usually pretty good. There are a couple of other dealers there, too. S&F is the place on Colonial - I've only been there once. My wife said she saw an add for a big flea market in Kissimmee, but we haven't gone, nor do I know if they have anything there. I was talking to a Game Traders guy last year and I *thought* he indicated they have a good retail store in Daytona, but I might have misunderstood. They definitely have a booth at the Daytona flea market.
    yea i know the flea market you're talking about, granted i havent been in months but its aproximately 400 booths of.....nothing =( lol but im definitly gonna check out that S&F on colonial, u know the intersection by chance?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Now bear in mind... I hit these places several times a week on the way home from work before they yield anything good. On OBT there is a big Goodwill near the Florida Mall and also a Savers Thrift (usually better than the Goodwill)... and also on the same strip there are 2 pawn shops... Diamond Pawn and an Americas Pawn (usually better for ps2 and XBOX games). All of these stores (thrift and pawn) are between i-4 and Sandlake Rd on OBT... Those are the ones I frequent most- but I'm moving out of Florida in a week or two... so good luck with finds there.
    lol omg if u only knew how stupid i feel right now, i drive on that road nearly every weekend and never once thought about going past the florida mall as i assumed it would be pointless and not worth the gas, lol just a few more blocks and i would have found them, god knows all the potential deals i've missed out on, but better late than never i suppose thanx alot, and congratulations....at least one of us gets to leave florida lol im stuck out here for at least another year minimum, i miss brooklyn, never had to walk more than 3 blocks in any direction to find a pawn shop or vintage game store =(

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, there's a market in Daytona too much like the on ein Sanford... Fri, Sat, Sun... it its about 300 booths of garbage... I've never found a great deal there, but they do have one booth with more classic games than I've seen anywhere else in one place...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EX-Soldier View Post
    yea i know the flea market you're talking about, granted i havent been in months but its aproximately 400 booths of.....nothing =( lol but im definitly gonna check out that S&F on colonial, u know the intersection by chance?
    Going from memory (I lived in Orlando until 3 years ago), I think it's a bit west of the intersection of East Colonial & Bumby, so more towards OBT. So when you get there, start keeping an eye out

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's right at the edge of the Vietnamese area of Orlando and right before the Bumby/Colonial intersection on Colonial. It's literally right nexy to the only Wendy's around that area... and it's tucked away on the side of a building...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

upping this thread to steal thunder from our brethren in the south florida thread bwahahahaaaaaaaa

....lets begin the meeting with a headcount shall we =)

how many of us are out here???
    also wanna add that s&f store by bumby some of u recommend was cool, i picked up a few games prolly goin tomorrow as well

thanx 4 da recommendation bitchessssss lol any new spots that have yet to be posted???

Insert Coin (Level 0) Single Player Gamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lived in Oviedo for about 3 years now I'm in Gville but am heading back after my wife finishes Vet School. I used to go to Cybertron and game Traders in the Sanford flea market and did okay. I can't wait to head back there cause if you think that areas dead for games come to Gainesville. It's brutal. If there are other central Florida gamers I'm down for whatever.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Single Player Gamer View Post
    I lived in Oviedo for about 3 years now I'm in Gville but am heading back after my wife finishes Vet School. I used to go to Cybertron and game Traders in the Sanford flea market and did okay. I can't wait to head back there cause if you think that areas dead for games come to Gainesville. It's brutal. If there are other central Florida gamers I'm down for whatever.
    i keep hearing about the sanford flea market, i almost have 3 years out here as well but really havent been to sanford since the 1st couple months i had down here, u got a location? depending on how bored i am i might check it out, im gotta take the i4 anyway to get to s&f (which kinda overprices on a couple of games, but i did manage to see intelligent qube there for something like 45 dollars, doubt it was complete tho)

i might check it out, how far off of the i4 is it? i dont really know how to get around sanford anymore been a while

if your really into vintage gaming tho, check out gamingworld by bvl in kissimmee, its on boggy creek, the last 3 weekends have been pure gold for me, strikers 1945, broken sword II, fear effect 2, arc the lad collection and the 4-1 ram cart for the saturn last saturday alone, they're cheaper than s&f in orlando when it comes to dreamcast games since they go for about 5 dollars each and they're collection is way deeper but thats pretty much where the comparison stops, games can get pricey if you're into ps1 rpgs like me,

bought intellegent qube on impulse 6 months back for like 80 dollars plus tax complete (rape i kno)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know I posted this in the finds list a week or so ago, but I did go to the Sanford Flea Market right before I left Florida, and picked up a few good things... I found one store that agreed to sell me NES sleeves for .25 cents off the games they had for sale. Which was great considering how much I've paid for them off here. I went on a Friday in late afternoon though and a good 1/4 of the stores were closed. I would recommend going on a Saturday morning or something... as most of the real junk dealers weren't there (which is where you would probably find the best bargains) but the regular gaming stores there were open. They have a lot of classic stuff- some overpriced, but stuff you can't find at gamestop for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's right at the edge of the Vietnamese area of Orlando and right before the Bumby/Colonial intersection on Colonial. It's literally right nexy to the only Wendy's around that area... and it's tucked away on the side of a building...
    Haven't been to Orlando for a year or three now, but the place is called S&F Video Games (iirc), on Colonial across the street from the Sun Trust bank. Pull in to the Wendy's parking lot, but instead of hitting the Wendy's turn right into the other parking lot. If you find anything there, the prices can be a bit high, but sometimes with a bulk purchase, they'll deal a little bit. Also, sometimes they have extra copies in the back, so if you find something not in the best shape, ask if they have another copy. Hope this helps you out somewhat.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

cybertron & video game traders in the sanford flea market...just wow...lol greatest retro find everrrrrrrr, 15 games & 250 dollars poorer.....SO WORTHHHHHHH IT!!!!!!!!!!

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Quote Originally Posted by Single Player Gamer View Post

Yes gville sucks for games . Unless you like shopping at EB.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EX-Soldier View Post
    cybertron & video game traders in the sanford flea market...just wow...lol greatest retro find everrrrrrrr, 15 games & 250 dollars poorer.....SO WORTHHHHHHH IT!!!!!!!!!!
    So - what'd ya get?

Also, has anyone been to the flea market in Kissimmee? My wife picked up a flyer for it a while back, and the ad makes it sound huge. Any game dealers there?
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post
    So - what'd ya get?

Also, has anyone been to the flea market in Kissimmee? My wife picked up a flyer for it a while back, and the ad makes it sound huge. Any game dealers there?
    lol off the top of my head,

persona revelations
    tales of destiny
    ehrgeiz
    galerians
    saga frontier 2
    metal gear solid vr missions
    wing commander 4

lol daz all i remember but i know there were like 7 more at least, bought a bunch of dreamcast stuff at cybertron and found vectorman for the genesis but didnt buy it =(
    also found children of the atom for saturn, until i opened it up and saw someone already stole the cd =(

but as for the flea market in kissimmee, i think im gonna make a trip out there this weekend, i havent been since i moved here and even then it was just during weekdays, so i couldve missed out on potential game dealers on the weekends, all i remember was broken duck hunt tapes and those knock off chinese 3 million in 1 gaming systems

there are 2 flea markets im aware of on 192 in kissimmee, one is by hoagland or around there which has 400 booths of nothing, and one further up, closer to disney that has more than 400 booths which is usually the one people tend to go to, thats the one u should look at as i really couldnt say what they have, the other one has absolutly nothing

but if you're going retro game hunting, just hit up game world, its on boggy creek, about 10 minutes from the flea market just head up 192 going towards st. cloud till u see boggy creek and follow boggy creek for about 2 or 3 lights till u see the publix plaza and you'll see game world, gaming starts at around master system era and up to the ps3 and 360, pretty good selection all things considered

if u do find something at the flea market in case i end up not going, please let me kno

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

bump!!!!!

Anyone know wat the hell happened to that place on bumby & colonial??? i cant make it to the flea markets up in sanford anymore so now im running low on places to find games =(

Any new places to check 4???
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."