Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 28 Gamestop policies (good read)

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

You know... I could forgive the whole preorder/stickers/gutted games crap. And I have for years. But what I really hate about Gamestop is ever since they bought up all their competition, particuarily EB games, is that their used prices suck. Once Upon a time I could walk into GameStop and find a decent game in the $15 to $30 range. I know I'm cheap... but when buying used product that's my budget, anything more and I might as well have bought a brand new copy. But now every game is $40 at the lowest. Of course there's a bin for $10 and up (wft? Up?) games in every store but they're always littered with XboX and launch PS2 titles in really poor condition.

I haven't bothered to buy anything from GameStop in the longest time... if I'm going to pay top dollar I may as well buy the game brand new from Best Buy/Circut City/TRU or if it's remotely uncommon, online. At least those stores occasionally mark down their games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Hates_You View Post
    You know, while I think it could be labeled as a "trivial" news story by most people, and for the most part, it would be ...

... most local television news stations have departments dedicated to doing exposees on businesses that have "unfair business practices".

If the right person compiled the right information and presented it to a local news station (preferably in a major market like NYC) in a mature, professional way (read : NOT a 12 year old calling a news tip-line) ... they might be able to get it on the air, and the non-traditional-game-consumer (AKA the kind of people that companies like Gamestop Inc. DON'T like taking note of business practices like selling used product at full retail price) might actually take note of what the company is doing.

Now, I'm not interested in seeking any type of damages, retribution, or serious damage to the company, as I really don't have any hard feelings for my former employers ... and whether or not a news report would even change anything is anybody's guess ... but I know companies like Game Stop don't like negative news ... especially when it could result in lost sales around the holiday season.

Anybody up to the task?
    As soon as I pass the BAR exam--I'm all over this!!
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    The whole mess boils down to how the company treats people. They don't value their employees nor their customers -- they only value their stock price/grade and the money you can either fork over (as a customer) or tap into (as an employee) for them. Hence their customers and workers are completely disposable. Many large companies practice this as well, but most try and at least obscure or skirt the issue. Unlike GS, who are so blasé and unconcerned about it. I guess that bothers me the most. That and the guy who wrote this is an obvious mouthpiece spewing forth the corporate spin in an attempt to relate. Such bullshit.

Games
    Gear
    Knowledge
    Anal Rape
    You forgot another one of their core values: Buying out all of their competition so they can set used game prices as high as they want and their trade in prices as low as they want without any fear of retribution.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I didn't forget that. Rather neglected to mention it for brevity. Plus, it falls under the "treat folks like shit" umbrella anyway so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. lol

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives