Thread: Aussie Gamers: 'The Zone' TV Show...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Aussie Gamers: 'The Zone' TV Show...

....not to be confused with the other thread that's talking about video game TV, and i honestly had this question out of the blue, but do any Aussie Gamers remember a TV show from the early to mid 90s called #The Zone#

if anybody had ANY leads to where i can find old eps, that'd be tops.....
    Any tennis videogame is a glorified version of pong.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember seeing a TV show back in the day. They were showing how to get various billboard warps in Skitchin', I still remember them too. I don't remember anything else about the show except that it showed skitchin on the screen while the host talked about how to get the warps, etc. Do you think this could be that show youre thinking of? I couldn't imagine there being too many video game shows in Australia, I never seen any others.

Let me ask you something now, do you remember way back around 1992 or even earlier there used to be Nintendo sticker book sold in video game shops probably newsagents too. And you would buy these packets of about 10 stickers and stick them in the book. The stickers had screenshots of NES games on them such as Zelda and Mario Bros. Do you remember that? I used to have one, I was about 6 though and its long gone now. I haven't been able to find any on eBay or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shrooin View Post
    Let me ask you something now, do you remember way back around 1992 or even earlier there used to be Nintendo sticker book sold in video game shops probably newsagents too.
    I'm going WAY off the original topic, but on my horrible personal webpage I have a few pictures of the "Sticker Game Boy" (search the page for those words). I guess you're talking about something bigger, but this sounds similar enough.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's sorta similair but not the same. it was similair to a magazine except inside of it there is spaces to put the stickers. And the stickers were actual screenshots of NES games - Zelda, SMB, SMB2 and SMB3. That gameboy thing is trippy though I never saw that before.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Timis007 has uploaded a few parts to YouTube. But yeah, really wish there was more of this around. I loved this show. =')

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ha! that is total class. how i miss that show. i remember one episode that they wanted to show the finishing moves for i think MK2, but it was so graphic that they weren't allowed to show the clips on TV....so the cast acted out the moves. it was too funny. i also remember the main host had more attitiude....

and the plug for the NMS magazine! i found an absolute pile of those at a vinnies one day for like .50c each about 2 years ago. i picked them all up. some great reading there! i remember that they had stickers included with some issues and i put them all over my SNES when i was a kid :P

cheers for the link.
    Any tennis videogame is a glorified version of pong.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roganjohn View Post
    and the plug for the NMS magazine! i found an absolute pile of those at a vinnies one day for like .50c each about 2 years ago. i picked them all up. some great reading there!
    lucky dog ! I know what NMS is but what is the plug?