Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default japanese sega saturn help...

just got my smoke gray this is cool edition skeleton saturn, but the menu is all in japanese when i boot up, i had heard there was an option to switch to english, so can anyone walk me thru the steps to set this up, i also have a pro action replay plus and cant for the life of me figure out how to use it, any help with this would also be appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you boot the Saturn without media (ie, without a game/music/cd) [and assuming you've got a fresh memory CR2032 lithium battery] you should be taken to the familar browser UI. With Japanese Saturns, the menu is a bit different but the navigation isn't too hard to cope with. Simply select the middle icon in the top row. This takes you to the Memory Manager. In there, should be two options at the very bottom of the screen. Select the one to the right. This is the System Settings. In there select the 2nd option from the top, that's Language settings. The rest is up to you.

Also, regarding the PAR+, in order to 'use' it, you'll need to insert it into the expansion slot on the Saturn. It's functions range from cheat device, backup memory, ram expansion and region bypass. If you've inserted it properly (and hoping the expansion slot on your Saturn isn't bent) you should be taken to the PAR+ GUI. This will not happen if you have the disc lid open. Again, from there you can run games, manage the cartridge/system memory files, and add cheats. Since you have a Japanese 'Skeleton' Saturn you'll need to use the PAR+ with NTSC-U/C / PAL region games. Otherwise, you can use it with many of the expansion requiring NTSC-J games (mostly Capcom fighters).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should post some pix - Ive been wanting one of those for the longest time....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedmonkey View Post
    You should post some pix - Ive been wanting one of those for the longest time....
    lol i paid out my ass 4 it but saw one on ebay for around 150 might still be up good luck

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    When you boot the Saturn without media (ie, without a game/music/cd) [and assuming you've got a fresh memory CR2032 lithium battery] you should be taken to the familar browser UI. With Japanese Saturns, the menu is a bit different but the navigation isn't too hard to cope with. Simply select the middle icon in the top row. This takes you to the Memory Manager. In there, should be two options at the very bottom of the screen. Select the one to the right. This is the System Settings. In there select the 2nd option from the top, that's Language settings. The rest is up to you.

Also, regarding the PAR+, in order to 'use' it, you'll need to insert it into the expansion slot on the Saturn. It's functions range from cheat device, backup memory, ram expansion and region bypass. If you've inserted it properly (and hoping the expansion slot on your Saturn isn't bent) you should be taken to the PAR+ GUI. This will not happen if you have the disc lid open. Again, from there you can run games, manage the cartridge/system memory files, and add cheats. Since you have a Japanese 'Skeleton' Saturn you'll need to use the PAR+ with NTSC-U/C / PAL region games. Otherwise, you can use it with many of the expansion requiring NTSC-J games (mostly Capcom fighters).
    yo thanks alot i was starting to think it was hopeless, and yea i just bought a brand new battery earlier today, when i get home im gonna try it out and hopefully everythng will work out, thanks again