Thread: Games that came with pre-order bonuses

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Games that came with pre-order bonuses

I was just thinking with so many people that collect different aspects of video games (carts, magazines, arcades, action figures etc.) maybe there are people out there who collect pre-order bonuses or who will eventually go onto to collecting them. Lets rattle off some titles and see how many games have come with something by pre-ordering (a demo of the game you are buying doesn't count).

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin- bonus CD, stylus, art book, timeline poster
    Mario Galaxy: The Mario Galaxy coin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Demos would count...they're pre-order bonuses in effect that they're supposed to generate pre-orders.

You also have to take into account that different stores can have different bonuses. Game Crazy was offering actual Transformers figures with the pre-order of Transformers the Movie Game, where no one else was.

I think Queen of Felines was planning to once make a site about that; don't know how far she got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

I would say pre-order demos, i have started collecting them so far, i got CONAN and MX vs ATV untamed, there not *really anything special* but if you can collect them why not? Im not really into the whole action figure thing. I consider them a bonus cause i can play the game before it has arrived plus if you dont really enjoy the game you can change your pre-order and get something else, kinda like renting but you dont need to return

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

while i dont collect pre orders per say, i do keep an eye out for cool ones. if i want to add a certain new game to my collection/library, i definitely want to get whatever pre order bonus came with it (like in the case of Assassins Creed, i just had to get that art book, and same for the new DS zelda, i wanted the art cell to come along w/ it). but other times since im friends with the GS guys near me, ill go and get a pre order bonus cause i think its cool but could care less about the game (like the mario coin and Star Wars Battlefront psp case). sometimes i wont care about it at all whatsoever (transformers, simpsons etc).

i did make an effort to collect the pre order bonus faceplates for ace combat and eternal sonata. i know enough GSs in my city and how to talk to the people that i managed to get them all for little or nothing.

sometimes ill care & want the game, but dont think its worth full new retail price (like in the case of eternal sonata -- i want it, i wanna play it, but for 60$ i can wait), but i still want the pre order bonuses and will get them ASAP since i know how incredible rare they become.

i guess in the end i can summarize it as such: i see pre order bonuses as extensions to the "Limited/Collectors Edition" bundles (Assassins Creed, Ace Combat 6), or replacements for such (Eternal Sonata, Mario)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    I think Queen of Felines was planning to once make a site about that; don't know how far she got.
    http://vgpresskits.com/
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

yeah I guess preorder demos count. I personally only get pre-order bonuses for games I want like the Mario coin and the Castlevnia one. Some others may be really into the whole pre-order bonus thing. What was the first game that came with a bonus for pre-ordering?

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the first game to come with a bonus for pre-ordering, wow that's a good bonus question.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only reason I am pre ordering Grand Theft Auto 4 is because of the goods you get with the game. I don't even own a 360 yet but its worth it for the lockbox with keys, soundtrack, art books, duffel bag, and game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTA4 duffel pack is a special edition, not a preorder bonus. You'll be paying a premium.
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still...its worth it. Also I pre ordered Tony Hawk Downhill Jam last year to get my chance to get a wii. Well I didnt have the money, I called up a friend of mine that left church to come down to pick it up. From that pre order I got a laugh or two with that story when I tell it to people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

The list would be to large for just one person to undertake. A good amount of games that are pre-ordered from Gamestop have some sorta bonus. Then you have to consider that other places (Gamecrazy) offer a different item. Like Gamecrazy had FFXII posters, while Gamestop didn't (They only carried the LE one though). Suikoden 5 had a cd/artbook combo at Gamestop, but a lithograph picture at Gamecrazy. There are tons of plushies, t-shirts, toys, faceplates, skins, demos, pens, ect.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I have 2 of those Mario Galaxy coins.

I didn't pre-order mine. the Game Crazy near me always has extra swag. I got a coin when I bought my copy, then another one when I bought a copy for my nephews a few days later.