Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Crisis 4 for PS3 was drawing major crowds at my local Fry's today

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Time Crisis 4 for PS3 was drawing major crowds at my local Fry's today

I went to my local Fry's today to pick up Condemned for Xbox 360 for $9.99. While I was walking over to the video game section, I saw a huge crowd of people surrounding a big plasma TV. When I got closer, I realized it was Time Crisis 4 for the PS3. A kid was playing it with the Guncon, and the crowd was oohing and ahhing over the graphics. Mind you, these weren't gamers that were amazed, but everyday folk. The way Fry's has it set up, is that they have this main pathway into the store, and on one side of the is pathway are Plasma screens demoing certain things like Blu Ray movies, and stuff like that. This one was a demo for Time Crisis 4, and it was amazing how people were walking by, and then they had to stop and stare at this game.

I just wish I could somehow rent it with the gun for a weekend. I'm not about to drop $79.99 on it, but it would definitely be fun to rent for a weekend, if you could somehow rent the gun too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sucking at the google right now, so help me out here:

Let's say I buy Time Crisis 4 (because Time Crisis is the bee's knees!), can I use the new GunCon to play my previous Time Crisis games on my wonderfully delicious HDTV or do I have to stick to playing them on my ol' fashioned SDTV in the bedroom?

Because if I can play my old GunCon games on my PS3 with the new gun, then I'll totally pay full price for it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    I'm sucking at the google right now, so help me out here:

Let's say I buy Time Crisis 4 (because Time Crisis is the bee's knees!), can I use the new GunCon to play my previous Time Crisis games on my wonderfully delicious HDTV or do I have to stick to playing them on my ol' fashioned SDTV in the bedroom?

Because if I can play my old GunCon games on my PS3 with the new gun, then I'll totally pay full price for it.

From what I understand, no, you wouldn't be able to play them on your HDTV. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for some kind of re-release thing or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

I really wish Time Crisis would come to the 360. I don't have a PS3 and no plan on getting one for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    I went to my local Fry's today to pick up Condemned for Xbox 360 for $9.99. .
    A Woman was trampled at the Sunnyvale Fry's at 5:AM this morning and when I visited the Concord store @ noon, the line was 1 1/2 hours to check out. I bailed and didn't buy anything.

JJ

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

From what I understand, no, you wouldn't be able to play them on your HDTV. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for some kind of re-release thing or something.
    How hard is it for publishers to issue backwards compatibility patches on the PS3?

I mean, this was done on the 360... sort of. So why not on the PS3? This would be VERY good for some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

GunCon games would need something much more than a patch. It's a bit complicated, and I won't pretend to understand how it works 100%, but the way the GunCon tracks is completely dependent on the scan method of CRT sets. You'd have to completely redo the light gun implementation for HD.

It's not a PS3 compatability issue, it's something to do with the basic way HD vs. CRT sets put the image on the screen.

I'm really excited about TC4. Is $80 for one gun or two?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
    A Woman was trampled at the Sunnyvale Fry's at 5:AM this morning and when I visited the Concord store @ noon, the line was 1 1/2 hours to check out. I bailed and didn't buy anything.
    The checkout line at the Roseville Fry's wasn't too bad this afternoon. The wait was less than 5 minutes; of course, most of the 70 registers were open.

As far as video game demos, Guitar Hero III for the Xbox 360 was still drawing a crowd. I didn't take note of any PS3 or Wii demos, although the Wii was out of stock everywhere I checked today (Fry's, Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy).
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjessop View Post

JJ

The Fry's closest to me, in the Natomas area of Sacramento actually had a 2 1/2 hour line to checkout. I couldn't believe it. I had 4 items and was in the back of the line, and an employee came by saying that the wait was about 2 1/2 hours from this point in the line. I actually thought she was joking. But then found out she was dead serious. So I put 3 of my items back, and took the Condemned game with me, and found a lady close to the very front of the line and asked her if she would do me a huge favor, lol. I gave her 12 bucks, and said could she please buy this game for me, cause I only want this one item and need to make it to my kids soccer game. (which was actually true by the way, my kid's soccer game started in a half hour). I know that was kinda an asshole move, but wadda ya gonna do? I really wanted to get that damned Condemned game for $9.99.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I really don't get what people were buying at Fry's. I went early in the afternoon yesterday to the San Diego location and the checkout line was all the way to the front door which is a long way. I came back an hour before closing and picked up three of the $15 PS3 games and Condemned for the 360. Checkout time was like 10 minutes. They seemed to have plenty left of all of the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Was it running in RGB?

If not fuck that I say sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    Was it running in RGB?

If not fuck that I say sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

You know the "Good Day, Sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!" part is a joke, and it's a quote from a movie right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, you had it easy.

At the San Diego Fry's Electronics it was a 5 hour wait for me/my friends from 7 AM - 12 noon JUST for checkout...

DAMN.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

don't have a PS3 and probably won't for awhile (more price drops, more games) I love time crisis though and owned two guncons on my ps2 so I can't wait to get this for ps3 (when its cheaper) people say it kinda sucks though so I dunnoo... i already see used copies going for 60 bucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too bad the new Guncon is total balls. I cant believe its wired, I was so pissssed off when I took it out of the box. No rumble either, which would have made it alot more fun. Oh and you have to put censors on your TV which glow red even when the PS3 is turned off. Who wants to set that up everytime you play the game?
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexkidd2000 View Post
    Too bad the new Guncon is total balls. I cant believe its wired, I was so pissssed off when I took it out of the box. No rumble either, which would have made it alot more fun. Oh and you have to put censors on your TV which glow red even when the PS3 is turned off. Who wants to set that up everytime you play the game?
    How long is the wire that comes with it? It's usb right? I think if I ever got this game, I would need to get a really long usb extension. The two sensors are actually a very good idea, because that allows people like me, with a projector, to play the game on a super giant screen, and actually have it work properly.

Ideally, I'd just like to rent the game for a weekend, but to do that, I would need a friend locally that has the game, and I seriously doubt I know anybody that has it. It would be cool if Blockbuster rented it along with the gun, but I'm sure they don't.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be cool if Blockbuster rented it along with the gun, but I'm sure they don't.
    They did it for the Rumble Pak and Starfox 64.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuplayer View Post
    They did it for the Rumble Pak and Starfox 64.
    Yeah, back in the days, they would actually let you rent whole systems.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

OK, this game is hella fun, as I expected. I'm a little dissapointed that the FPS mode is kind of bolted on to the arcade game rather than it's own expirence, but kudos to Namco for trying something new.

Here's hoping for more GunCon 3 games. I'd even be happy with the old ones tweaked for the GC3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone is interested, at 2pm this game will be $20 off (49.99 instead of 69.99) with Amazon Goldbox lightning deals.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/