Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about new Nintendo Zelda ds lite bundle

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default question about new Nintendo Zelda ds lite bundle

I have seen these around and in somewhat limited quantities, does anyone know for sure if this is a permanent item or a christmas "only" offer? thanks.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a limited release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think these limited releases are kind of ridiculous. What should have been done is for Nintendo (and others for that matter) to implement a way of easily swapping shells (like cell phones) and then releasing LE shells only. This way people didn't have to purchase another version of a handheld that they already owned just to have it look different...not to mention it would be alot cheaper for everybody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

You raise a good point, zektor.

1. Limited Edition consoles make more money for Nintendo, since they generate more revenue for the company than shells.

or

2. Shells generate more money for Nintendo, because people are more likely to buy them because they're inexpensive.

I'm sure they weighed these and decided on number one. It would be interesting to see how much revenue 360 faceplates generate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They already did that once with the GB Micro, but I agree. So, how much is this bundle? I bought the game recently, but I could still theoretically return the game included in the bundle with my old receipt if the game in the bundle is packaged identically. I have been thinking about upgrading to the Lite. The only reason I bought an SP back in the day was because of the NES version of it.

For those interested I also heard that there was an all yellow "Pikachu" edition of the Lite, available online somewhere.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon View Post
    They already did that once with the GB Micro, but I agree. So, how much is this bundle? I bought the game recently, but I could still theoretically return the game included in the bundle with my old receipt if the game in the bundle is packaged identically. I have been thinking about upgrading to the Lite. The only reason I bought an SP back in the day was because of the NES version of it.

For those interested I also heard that there was an all yellow "Pikachu" edition of the Lite, available online somewhere.
    The bundle was released with a Manufacturer's choose your own price, but all of them seemed to settle on $149.XX

Games that are DS pack-ins are unreturnable. All the early DS pack-ins (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Nintendogs: Best Friends) all came in a paper sleeve with the manual and game card, just like Metroid Prime: First Hunt. Brain Age 2 bundles came with a full cased game, however it had a Not For Resale where the barcode would have been on the insert.

Considering the size of these Lite boxes (as compared to the Brain Age 2 bundle) the games are in sleeves and all you'd be able to do was to sell it back loose to GameStop and get 10 bucks for it.

The Yellow Pikachu DS Lite is a Japanese Pokemon Center exclusive. I can't tell if they are in production anymore, but Play-Asia carried them briefly and there are some on ebay, but they've never hit the American shores.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 11-25-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Games that are DS pack-ins are unreturnable. All the early DS pack-ins (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Nintendogs: Best Friends) all came in a paper sleeve with the manual and game card, just like Metroid Prime: First Hunt. Brain Age 2 bundles came with a full cased game, however it had a Not For Resale where the barcode would have been on the insert.
    My Metroid Prime: First Hunt came in a cardboard sleeve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my info on the Zelda bundle.

It comes in an overly large box. The standard DS Lite box and Zelda: PH in a full case are inside the box. The Zelda game does say "not for resale" on the back, so I don't know if you'd be able to return it anywhere.

I bought mine because I had been waiting for an excuse to upgrade to a Lite. The Zelda theme was all I needed. I already had PH, but it's cool 'cuz I plan on giving the PH that came in the bundle to my brother for Christmas.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know if these have the "Yellow screen" problem that the Brain Age Lite bundle had?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is where I saw the yellow DS.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/invt/5012

The Zelda edition still interests me, but I can't really justify buying a game that I already own.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    My Metroid Prime: First Hunt came in a cardboard sleeve.
    All the early DS pack-ins (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Nintendogs: Best Friends) all came in a paper sleeve with the manual and game card, just like Metroid Prime: First Hunt

I saw a few Zelda bundles at Target tonight. They were all the BIG boxes like the Brain Age 2 one was (all the pics of the ones I had been seeing on ebay kept telling my mind that it was in a small box like the earlier bundles). Besides the normal NFR case (like Rev.Link confirmed) i'd bet a buck that it would be nigh on impossible to get the system out of the big box just like the Brain Age 2 bundles without destroying the outer boxes. I'm still not sure about one, I think I want one and then think maybe not.

The Pokemon bundle at the Pokemon Center is a killer on the wallet. If I hadn't already bought both games and had no use for the Pokedex and strat guide i'd totally get Katchoo one.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 11-25-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The big box was indeed tough to open. It's glued shut. You have to pull on one flap and hope the glue gives before the flap tears. It's possible to get it open without tearing it, I did, but it'll never look quite the same again.

As for the yellow screen, I'm not real sure what that's about, but I did pop PH into my new gold DS, and it looked great.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Stone_Protector_101's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have seen so many in store but i wonder why jerks are selling them on ebay for 200-300 dollars. wtf people use brains dont buy them from ebay at mile high prices. but they are nice though i picked one up yesterday but i also have a brain age 2 bundle and the pearl blue import console. toooooo many. shells sound nice about now
    Death From A Distance...

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so far I have seen them go for the most, 156.00, w/ 15 shipping, thats not too bad, I think people bought them with hopes of selling them for 200-300...lol, ah ebay you gotta love it.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life View Post
    so far I have seen them go for the most, 156.00, w/ 15 shipping, thats not too bad, I think people bought them with hopes of selling them for 200-300...lol, ah ebay you gotta love it.
    Maybe they'll be worth $200-$300 in 10 to 20 years from now for a unopened one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are there any further impressions on this? I noticed them selling out and bought the last one at Toys R Us. I am wondering what I should do with it. Are the button's better for action games (e.g. Contra 4)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually haven't gotten a chance to play with my new DS Lite since I picked it up. But I imagine it's no different from any other DS Lite. Better screens; bigger, more comfortable stylus; smaller but nicer-feeling d-pad; smaller face buttons that seem a little too close together for my tastes.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think my mom picked me up, the Zelda DS lite bundle. I can't wait. I've been wanting to try out Zelda Phatom Hourglass. And i've been needing a Ds lite...I'm also selling my old brick DS. Pm if interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always second guess any larger purchases, but I should probably keep it and use it. I hope it is better for action games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was about to open it when I read here (http://blogs.ign.com/craig-ign/2007/11/21/72302/) that the gold DS may be available by itself later on. Has this happened in the past, like with the red/black version?
    On a seperate note, if I should open it, should I open the top or bottom flap?

EDIT: Here's the method I used to open it. I had to heat up a steak knife over the fire and then use that to cut through the glue. The steak knife had a wood handle, so the knife didn't burn me, and luckily the wood also did not burn. Whoever invented that box should be shot.
    Last edited by SkiDragon; 12-18-2007 at 02:23 AM.