Thread: Pac and Pal

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pac and Pal

I've been looking for information on this game for years now. Pac n Pal was supposedly never released in the U.S., it was Japan only. I'm not convinced that none exist in the U.S. I'm sure there are one or two floating around. On top of that it came out in '83 during the big video game crash. I know there are conversion kits for super pac that are floating around in the U.S., but does anyone have any additional information or pictures of a cab or converted cab. The only thing I can find are screen shots (MAME) and a flyer. I would really like to make a replica cab but I need to know what the marquee and artwork looked like. Any information will help. Nobody seems to know anything about this game.

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here's the info we dug up last time this was asked -- hope it helps!

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84559

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the response. I'm still not convinced yet that a dedicated cab with artwork doesn't exist. I read a story a while back about a cabinet that was a one of a kind, and it was stuffed away in someones garage. I don't remember the name, but it was MAME rom. I'm kinda wanting to do the same thing that dr soggy was doing except with MAME. It would be cool to make a replica cabinet. Does anyone know who designed the game? Maybe finding some of the programmers would be a good place to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I heard that story too. The cab in the garage, right next to this one.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a couple of people who own Pac & Pal machines. One is supposedly an original, the other a conversion. Found it on VAPS (videogame arcade preservation society). Anyone know anything about the reliability of that website? I sent an email to the owner, so I hope its an account he still has, and will answer. I requested pictures. Also ran across a friend who says they remember one in the bay area. It was at a local pizza shop where he got centipede and asteroids for $50. DOH!