Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default NES-PC Controller Adapter

I'm looking for someone who can build me a NES controller adapater for a PC -- you know, plug your NES controller into one end and the other end either into a USB or Serial port (printer) and use the actuall controller for the emulators. Someone on here had offered to get me the parts to build one for me, but he's since vanished and my e-mails to him have bounced.

I found a website where I was able to order a SNES controller adapter, but have not been able to find one for the NES. I have no solder or parts here plus I lack the expertise so I can not build one, hence, why I'm willing to pay to get one made.

If you're interested, it's best to respond here so I can expect your e-mail.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only adapter I know of involves making an adapter that goes in parallel port. If you want, I could take a look and see what it may cost to build a 2 port (or 4 ports if you really want) adapter. I have plenety of non working NES deck to swipe the controller ports out and I'm sure I have everything I need except for 25 pin port.

What is the link?
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Well, whatever port is fine. And I only need support for one controller. I think the other guy said all together his estimate on his costs was about $30-35.

Do you mean the site where they sell the SNES adapaters?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, if you build one, you may as well build a bunch, since many of us are going to jump up and say "I'll pay $50 for one!"

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Yeah, I should bought one when ZD's store had them.

Oh, in case anyone is curious -- the site where I bought my SNES controller adapater at is www.deepdarksea.com Not only are the adapters good and shipped quickly, they also have a pretty good free RPG on there called Dying Sun.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I meant the page to building an adapter but since you need just one, I'll go with this one: http://www.heggeseth.com/controller.asp It seems to be the cheapest solution: a 25 pin connector for Parallel port and 5 diodes, probably $2 or $3 in parts plus a little project boc to put the gut in. I'll make a version with plug so you could use your favorite NES controller. I don't think it'd work with Arkanoid controller, Power Pad, or light guns.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Oh, I see. Sorry. Sure, that looks fine.

I got a brand new controller (the one that looks like a SNES one) from Nintendo just to go with the adapater, but I believe the plug is the same as the 'square' one.

I'll be more then glad to send you money either through PayPal or by mail at your convience. You can e-mail me at gpolander@hotmail.com Just please make the subject stick out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I'm the guy who originally said I'd build the adapter for you before disappearing.

First, I apologize for not getting to this project. I make no excuses, only that I have been busy and haven't gotten around to it.

BUT, I never really disappeared, and I can't at all explain why your emails bounced. I've had no trouble getting emails that I'm aware of.

Also, when I said I expected the cost to be no more than $30-35, I pointed out that that included $15 profit for me, for doing the work. I also explained that I would only charge you wahtever my parts cost was, plus $15. So if I was wrong and the parts only ran $5, your cost would be $20.

At any rate, I did get the connectors I needed for the project while at Philly Classic, March 30.

If you have already gotten the adapter(s) made, that's good news and I'm glad to hear it. If not, I'll still try to get them made for you and let you know when I have done so.

I'd also like to point out that this is EXACTLY why I told you (at least twice) to not pay me until I actually shipped you the adapter. I know me, and I didn't want to screw you or hold onto your money for any excessive length of time if I hadn't done the work yet.

Sorry about the delay,
    Steve

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Oh hey there!

Yes, my e-mails bounced, but I'm glad to see you are allright. Yes, I am still very interested in getting a adapter made. You can e-mail me at my personal e-mail above when you are ready to go ahead and build it along with your costs and I'll PayPal you the money.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, no one has posted here in a couple months, but I wanted to say that I'd be interested in buying an adapter for a NES controller too. I haven't been able to find one anywhere, and I know nothing about wireing all that stuff. Please respond- thanks.
    Yeah, it's kinda like that.