Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop's motto/ "We rip you off"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Gamestop's motto/ "We rip you off"

Long story short, I bought 2 eye of judements for the ps3. One was going to a friend, he decided not to buy it....I checked to see what gamestop gave for this game(mine is actually brand new, never opened) I was expecting 30 dollars for sure, since that is the highest they pay, if not more since it sells for 70 bucks, they give 18 dollars trade in for the camera and the game!!!!! They should bend you over and shove a brick up your butt. Anyways, anyone interested in a brand new eye of judement for ps3? pm me..thanks
    gamestop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    monkeysuit89

Yeah, Gamestop is notorious for ripping you off with their "trade in deals." Ebay is the way to go man. Sorry to hear about your luck!

Oh, and you might want to try selling it in the buying and selling forum. I'm sure someone is willing to take it off your hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Welcome to the wonderful world of COMMON FLIPPING SENSE:

Evidence A:
    I bought 2 eye of judements for the ps3. One was going to a friend, he decided not to buy it....I checked to see what gamestop gave for this game(mine is actually brand new, never opened)

a1. So we have a friend who backed out.
    a2. A BRAND NEW UNOPENED GAME
    a3. Somewhere, a receipt for said game. You know, in case the item you bought isn't needed. You never mentioned it, so we'll assume for argument B sake you have it.

Cross-Examination B:

b. So take your nice unopened copy with (a3) receipt to where you bought it from and get your full money back.

Final Judgement B:
    Everyone is happy, useless bitching about something that is completely optional and your own choice no longer dilutes message board forums.

OR

Cross Examination C:

c1. You have lost said receipt. Sad for you.
    c2. This is not the fault of Game Stop. It's called customer responsibility.
    c3. There is no gun to your head. You do not need to trade it in to any place. In fact, you coudl probebly sell it for $40 or $50 on Ebay, Craigslist, the freaking DP forum you're bitching on now, etc

Final Judgement C:

You were trying trade in a game that contains the following retail nightmares:
    a. An accessory whose previous kind now collects dust and can't be given away at $4.99 on store walls across the globe.
    b. Has suspect accessory additions (I've heard of two stands snapping quite easily)
    c. It's a flipping card game that doesn't allow the buyer to check if all cards / pieces are contained within the package (new or not, used or not)
    c2. Oh yeah, the cards can be pirated / copied / faked / hand created.
    d. It's sold poorly. I've seen the same copy, sitting at 4 different stores.

That said, there is no reason for you to bash a store, any store for that matter because they did not live up to your expectations of what you wanted for a game.

There is no gun to your head. There is no threat made to your family. There is no law saying any store has to pay any amount for anything. Learn it; it's a very valuable tool in the trade markets.

Now move along and leave the torch wielding for something more concrete and justifiable.
    Last edited by Dangerboy; 11-30-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamestop's motto: We're out to make money, like every other red-blooded capitalist. So nut the hell up...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Dangerboy just pwned you son!

OH SNAP!

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously, I have to agree with dangerboy. Keep the opened copy, and use the receipt to return the unopened one.

And why is Gamestop bad for having a low trade-in price anyway? They're not forcing you to trade the game in. They're just giving the option, which most stores don't.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

As you say dangerboy, if I want to bitch about it, its completely MY option. If you don't like what I have to say, then move on. There was no gun to your head to respond to my post. owned.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    As you say dangerboy, if I want to bitch about it, its completely MY option. If you don't like what I have to say, then move on. There was no gun to your head to respond to my post. owned.......
    We do not appreciate bitching on these forums, though.

Most everyone on these forums knows about how gamestop rips people off, And if you asked what you should have done we would have taken it better.

That fingers up emotion is going to get some attention, too.
    Last edited by Slate; 11-30-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Last edited by kainemaxwell; 11-30-2007 at 11:04 PM.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if I want to bitch about it, its completely MY option. If you don't like what I have to say, then move on. There was no gun to your head to respond to my post.

Option yes.

A right to, in this case?

No.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

slate, then I would say, many people are hypocrites. You people don't like bitching on here. So, I just looked at the topics in this forum and many are in fact bitching...don't believe me? Go look for yourself, at this very minute, under this post, is a topic "Guitar Hero III audio sucks!!!!" So, actually, you are saying people can ONLY post on here if it is a positive one. I didnt see that sign anywhere. So if I do NOT like or enjoy a game, you are in fact banned from telling anyone!! I'm glad you dont run this forum slate....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

just saw another one...the av cables for the psp suck.....this forum is FILLED with people that don't like things about games and gaming......owned...

Cherry (Level 1) -_-Nintendo-_-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just saw another one...the av cables for the psp suck.....this forum is FILLED with people that don't like things about games and gaming......owned...
    This forum is always filled with "People" like yourself who bitch and moan about something that has beaten to death. Not only that but you seem to think that your opinion is the RIGHT one, which its not.

So, just shut up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Typing "owned" at the end of each of your posts makes you look very intelligent and convincing.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

has been beaten to death....hmmm...you show me anywhere in this forum it says, gamestop only gives you 18 dollars for the trade in.....thats what I thought......I was in fact not bitching, I do know things like ebay, craigs list, I just thought it was crazy that a game that sells on the shelf for 70 dollars only gets you 18 dollars trade in. Maybe you like getting ripped off, in that case, I'll buy ALL your games at 1/4 the value...NO you say? why not, stop bitching.......you "people" should have your own forum called "Gaming Nazi's"
    so you shut up, hitler junior , your the one crying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

slate, then I would say, many people are hypocrites. You people don't like bitching on here. So, I just looked at the topics in this forum and many are in fact bitching...don't believe me? Go look for yourself, at this very minute, under this post, is a topic "Guitar Hero III audio sucks!!!!" So, actually, you are saying people can ONLY post on here if it is a positive one. I didnt see that sign anywhere. So if I do NOT like or enjoy a game, you are in fact banned from telling anyone!! I'm glad you dont run this forum slate....
    I just thought that since we heard about gamesop ripping people off before that this topic could be locked and yes there is a topc saying "GH3 Wii Sound Is mono and it stinks" But that topic is different because I didn't see it here before and it is about something new.

has been beaten to death....hmmm...you show me anywhere in this forum it says, gamestop only gives you 18 dollars for the trade in.....thats what I thought......I was in fact not bitching, I do know things like ebay, craigs list, I just thought it was crazy that a game that sells on the shelf for 70 dollars only gets you 18 dollars trade in. Maybe you like getting ripped off, in that case, I'll buy ALL your games at 1/4 the value...NO you say? why not, stop bitching.......you "people" should have your own forum called "Gaming Nazi's"
    so you shut up, hitler junior , your the one crying
    Dude you aren't making good first impressions to people here, Yes we all know gamestop gives bad prices for games so we prefer not to hear about it because it is a "dead horse"

That is a topic merely warning people that they shouldn't buy those.

By the way, I am tired and don't feel like talking any more.
    Last edited by Slate; 11-30-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Cherry (Level 1) -_-Nintendo-_-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a laugh out of the Hitler Junior quote
    Like Dangerboy stated, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to trade at Gamestop. There are plenty of other ways to sell games. Plus you have to keep in mind that Gamestop is a business that is, yes, out to make money :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, note to self.....NEVER post in the forums section again...WHY...have to deal with people that have nothing else to do except bash on people. I'm going back to the buying and selling section and staying there....at least people there are kind and easy to get along with. If you need me, I'll be there, if not....then....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

wow, note to self.....NEVER post in the forums section again...WHY...have to deal with people that have nothing else to do except bash on people. I'm going back to the buying and selling section and staying there....at least people there are kind and easy to get along with. If you need me, I'll be there, if not....then....
    I don't want to bash people, I just want them to respect others and be better people. Oh and put those pants back on :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fearless.

You're missing the goddamn point. On both issues.

"Guitar Hero III audio sucks!!!!"
    That's an actual technical issue though; especially with the Wii version supposedly only outputting in Mono. Actual technical issue > opinionated bitching

I just thought it was crazy that a game that sells on the shelf for 70 dollars only gets you 18 dollars trade in.

Same way a car drops once you pass that line that divides the street and sales lot.

Also, the new game isn't being sold as new, it's being sold as used. The responsibility of the entire set-up working would be transferred from Sony to Game Stop. Knowing full well it's a high failure rate product (as most accessories are), they aren't screwing you; they're protecting their bottom line. Because if that product doesn't work for the next customer, GS is now out the money, and out a customer's trust.

As mentioned before, it's a high risk item with low end results. It's the same reason budget Wii $30 titles like Monster Trux and Ninja Breadman only trade in for like $5 each; they know the games are shit and they'll sit on them forever. If there's no demand for a game, they ain't forking over the money for a shit product. You bitch about an $18 trade in, yet Halo 3, which will obviously sell, still warrants a $35 trade in value. It's about supply and demand.

And there's no demand for Eye of Judgement.

Now go find your receipt like a good little soldier and go get your money back form where ever you bought it. Or go pester your buddy for the money.

Or do you fear him?
    Last edited by Dangerboy; 11-30-2007 at 11:39 PM.