Thread: 360 HD-DVD player pirce drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    monkeysuit89

Default 360 HD-DVD player pirce drop

I'm not sure if this would go in Modern Gaming or Off-Topic, so feel free to move it mods.

Anyway, just a heads up for everyone, the 360 HD-DVD player price just dropped again. This time for a pretty damn reasonable price of $129.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JHO4L0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Bah..

And I just bought mine three months ago for $180. But then again, the movie selection for the 5 Free Deal was much better then.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Sounds like an excellent value for anyone wanting to take the HD plunge on the cheap. I've got both HD DVD and Blu-ray, and while both are great, I still lean towards HD DVD, and with the low, low prices Toshiba and now Microsoft are putting on these players, it's almost making the public's mind up for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    monkeysuit89

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    Sounds like an excellent value for anyone wanting to take the HD plunge on the cheap. I've got both HD DVD and Blu-ray, and while both are great, I still lean towards HD DVD, and with the low, low prices Toshiba and now Microsoft are putting on these players, it's almost making the public's mind up for them.
    Coming from someone who was on the fence when it came to the whole HD ball game, price was the biggest deciding factor for me. This, combined with a nearly identical selection right now of HD content that I really want, is too good to pass up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So this is a true price drop, and not just a sale? If it is indeed a price drop, this is on my Christmas list.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysuit View Post
    Coming from someone who was on the fence when it came to the whole HD ball game, price was the biggest deciding factor for me. This, combined with a nearly identical selection right now of HD content that I really want, is too good to pass up.
    As someone else observed on another forum, Warner Bros. are about the best reason to go hi-def at the moment, and they're format neutral, though they have a few HD DVD exclusives (Adventures of Robin Hood, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, Matrix Triology). My prediction is that if Warner ever chooses a side, the other side loses. WB's just got too massive a catalog, and could easily shift the war all by themselves.

Sorry to shift this away from what's usually par for the course in modern gaming, but it sort of applies, I suppose.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

that link still shows about $180 still.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Still 179.99. Looks like you caught a sale for that price.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    monkeysuit89

Eh, they must have changed it back after they sold so many units. Sorry for anyone who was interested!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i have a question about the xbox hddvd drive, i heard a LOT of comments about how the video quality on this isnt that great. is this true? i know hddvd looks awesome, but did they update the 360 w/ new firmware or something, is it clear? i remember talk about the video not being as sharp or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

It looks pretty damn purty on my 360 hooked to a 32" Sony LCD TV running 1080i. I have no complaints except that's damn-loud.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually Amazon.com had an even better deal. It was on the standalone Toshiba HD-A3 player. The nice thing about the A3, is that you don't have to tether it to the 360, it's completely independent. It also includes 2 movies in the box, Bourne Identitiy and 300. And Amazon was allowing you to instantly pick 3 movies of your choice, from a list of about 15 movies. I chose Hot Fuzz, The Departed and The Last Starfighter. All this for $159.99 with no tax and no shipping. Of course, the five free movies via Mail in offer still applies as well. So basically, 10 total HD-DVD movies, and a real deal standalone player (capable of lossless audio unlike the 360 add on), for $159 out the door.

Unfortunately, the price for this deal went up to $189 shortly after I was able to snag it, and with Amazon, their price fluctuates all over the place. Anyways, might want to keep your eye on Amazon to see if this deal pops up again. If you go to the AVSforums, and go to the HD-DVD player section of the forums, they are always talking about various deals that are going on. That's where I found out about it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's at $149 now. They must change this all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Toys R Us also has them for $129. Rumor has it, it's only for a limited time.

Not to mention, they're currently out of stock, online. But you can get it at a brick and mortar store, for the same price.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2538552
    Last edited by diskoboy; 12-06-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Actually Amazon.com had an even better deal. It was on the standalone Toshiba HD-A3 player. The nice thing about the A3, is that you don't have to tether it to the 360, it's completely independent. It also includes 2 movies in the box, Bourne Identitiy and 300. And Amazon was allowing you to instantly pick 3 movies of your choice, from a list of about 15 movies. I chose Hot Fuzz, The Departed and The Last Starfighter. All this for $159.99 with no tax and no shipping. Of course, the five free movies via Mail in offer still applies as well. So basically, 10 total HD-DVD movies, and a real deal standalone player (capable of lossless audio unlike the 360 add on), for $159 out the door.

Unfortunately, the price for this deal went up to $189 shortly after I was able to snag it, and with Amazon, their price fluctuates all over the place. Anyways, might want to keep your eye on Amazon to see if this deal pops up again. If you go to the AVSforums, and go to the HD-DVD player section of the forums, they are always talking about various deals that are going on. That's where I found out about it.
    This is basically what I did, but at Best Buy and for $199. Wal-Mart is having a secret sale soon on the A3 and A2, there should be info on those at all of the usual places. That reminds me, I still need to send off for the 5 free blu-rays offer for my ps3...