Thread: Stellar Assault SS (Merry Christmas to me!)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Stellar Assault SS (Merry Christmas to me!)

I've been watching this game sit on ebay and wanting to buy it for over a year now... well I finally got enough money for it, so I finally bought it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8181393559

my Christmas wish finally came true... I wanted to buy it last Christmas, but I couldn't afford it... and I really didn't think that I'd be able to buy it this year either... but I was given exactly enough cash for it as an early Christmas present today, so I decided it was a sign that I should go ahead and BUY IT NOW... so I did... and yes I'm gonna open it up and play it, just as soon as it arrives... just because I want to and I can... I've waited for it long enough... and now the only triple digit import SHMUP that still remains on my wishlist is Radiant Silvergun... so that's gonna be my new Holy Grail... the final Saturn import SHMUP in my collection will be the legendary iconic game that needs no excuse to justify its purchase, no matter how much it costs... and while I'm saving up for it, I'm gonna be enjoying this sequel to Shadow Squadron on the 32X... my Saturn no longer has to look at it longingly and wish for it... and neither do I... so make all the comments you want to about how much money I spent on it, just to open it up... I just bought the right to do so... and I refuse to make any apologies for it... you had your chance to buy it and save its cellophane from me for over a year... but you didn't buy it... I did... so you can't save it from me now... its seal will soon be broken... but it will still have a very loving home... being loved the way that it was meant to be loved... being played by someone who cared enough to rescue it from its cellophane prison cell on ebay and experience it in all its interactive glory...

http://www.segagagadomain.com/saturn...larassault.htm

read the above review, if you don't understand... yes I know that opening it lowers its value to a collector by half... but it doubles its value to a player...
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm, you could have probably get used awesome looking copy for about $150-$200, why do you went for brand new/sealed copy if you're intend to play it anyway?
    I have this game, it's awesome and it has a widescreen mode, yeah!
    not a regular shmup though.
    it's semi-story driven game if you know Japanese, cutscenes and all.
    it's one of the toughest Saturn titles to acquire.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It must take a tremendous amount of discipline to stay true to your preference for playing sealed games and I have a grudging respect for that commitment. But every time you make a post here and I realize that you are probably out there, freely walking around amoung us, I can't help but feel a little insecure about our mental health systems inability to round up the kooks!
    Just kidding, of course. Congratulations on finding a sealed copy of Stellar Assault SS. It's definately worth a play in my opinion. As Princess-Isabela noted, it is a story based game and does have an epic feeling to it. You start out flying a rather mundane Combat Air Patrol mission, make contact with the alien fleet, and then it just takes off from there.
    After you've finished playing it single player, try to get someone to play it with you. I just get the feeling that the game was meant to be played with two players. And be sure to post your thoughts about the game! There's not much information about the game floating around and I'm sure many here would appreciate reading your thoughts and comments about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I like to look at it this way... I'm actually performing a very valuable service to collectors by buying sealed games and paying obscene amounts of money just to be able to open them up and play them, as I would've done way back in the day, if I had been able to obtain some of these very hard to get titles way back then... cause every time I do this, that's one less unopened copy in existence, which further increases the value of a sealed copy... and it makes it that much more expensive for a kook like me to buy one just so he can open it up and play it, and make it a mere ultra mint used copy...

so forgive me all my gloating over it, please... I only had to mention the name of the game to give it the respect that it deserves, and draw others who respect it out of the woodwork, so that's really what this post is all about... I've heard alot of good things about this one, and I'm sure that I will never regret spending that $300 on it, just like I've never regretted spending $300 on Hyper Duel for the same reason a few years ago... in fact, it actually gives me hope that I will find an affordable sealed copy of Radiant Silvergun to pamper myself with someday as well, so I can complete my collection... I could've spent $600 on Radiant Silvergun at various times, and the last time I had a chance to buy a sealed copy, it was about $400... so I know if I can drop $300 apiece on Stellar Assault and Hyperduel, I can drop a little more on Radiant Silvergun someday...

anyhow, of course I will be sharing my thoughts on my investment, as soon as I get back to Houston where it will be waiting for my arrival at the house my Saturn lives at... I haven't gotten any of my games moved to my new place in Fort Worth yet, except all my GBA games... so I've been limited to GBA games and pinball games on my new laptop... I thought about spending that money on a new video card for my laptop, but I'm still having alot of trouble getting someone to sell me the card that I want and install it for me, so I considered that to be yet another sign that now was the time to finally purchase that copy of Stellar Assault that I've been wanting to get for so long now...

I've seen some videos of the gameplay, and it looks awesome... definitely a must-own title, if you can afford it... the Saturn showing off some of its finest work... plus after I finally found a sealed copy of G-Vector for much less than I expected to have to pay for it earlier this year, I knew I really had to own this game to go with it, or I'd always miss it... especially after I played G-Vector... I'm sure this one will blow me away even more...

bowing in reverence to SASS

it's SASSY!

Last edited by Iron Draggon; 12-09-2007 at 02:42 AM.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, SASS is THE SHIT! totally worth the $300 I paid for it... so now I'm even more pumped up to hurry up and finally pay way too much for a new copy of Radiant Silvergun too... I know I won't regret that one at all either!

Get BIT!