Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 more minutes for Time Crisis 4 w/ gun for $50 at Amazon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Sounds like you don't really understand what fraud is.
    The dictionary definition is "trickery." I wasn't accusing him in a legal sense. It was a moral judgement call. Returning the second purchase and posing it as the original can very much be considered trickery, or FRAUD. Did I say he was guilty of a crime and should be thrown in jail? No. Did I say he should FEEL guilty? Yes.

As mentioned already, we simply disagree. I function on a different set of morals then you. No one wins this one. It's just over.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    This would be good for that weight loss thread that extended light gun gaming is good exercise.

I know after an hour or so of Weaver stance I can feel it.

I dunno Am I the only one that holds the thing as if it was real or do most people one hand it or god forbid "sideways gangstah" it?
    I hold it with both hands. Total bitch to do that with a wii remote for very long. Needs pistol grip badly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I think returning the same software at the store you bought it is far from fraud. They're two copies of the exact same thing. If i blindfolded you and spun you around 3 times, you wouldnt be able to tell which was the gamestop one and which was the amazon one.

Fraud is if I opened the game up and took the gun out, reshrinkwrapped, then sent it back to amazon. Returning a new copy of a game that I bought a week and a half ago is just being a smart customer.

Fraud is selling a gutted floor copy of a game as new, since the game is not sealed. That's fraud, but customers buy into it on a daily basis.

If those are your morals, more power to you for sticking to them, but they might be too high and mighty if you think what I'm going to do is fraud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo View Post
    If you disagree, then we simply disagree.
    No it's not that simple, because you are imposing your skewed definition on others when you accused the poster of committing a crime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He isn't returning the product that he purchased. It's fraud.

asshole confirmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    If i blindfolded you and spun you around 3 times, you wouldnt be able to tell which was the gamestop one and which was the amazon one.
    Yeah you could. The Gamestop copy would be the one with a hundred fucking stickers all over it.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    This would be good for that weight loss thread that extended light gun gaming is good exercise.

I know after an hour or so of Weaver stance I can feel it.

I dunno Am I the only one that holds the thing as if it was real or do most people one hand it or god forbid "sideways gangstah" it?
    The GC3, you have to hold two handed. There's a little "sidepod" near the end with another analog stick and some buttons. It looks kind of goofy and its weird for about half an hour, then you adjust.

To answer the question, I usually hold the gun correctly thought. I guess learning gun safety as a younger age stuck with me.

Of course, if I'm up on some two guns John Woo shit, all bets are off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2 View Post
    Yeah you could. The Gamestop copy would be the one with a hundred fucking stickers all over it.

The gamestop ones don't have stickers because they don't leave them out on the floor

When playing the game, I use two hands. It just feels more natural with the weird extra part of the controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    No it's not that simple, because you are imposing your skewed definition on others when you accused the poster of committing a crime.
    I already stated I was speaking on personal morality and not legality. Read all of the posts above before you improperly accuse me, the very action you condemn.
    Last edited by Garry Silljo; 12-09-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    asshole confirmed.
    Coming from you, I wear that as a badge of honor. GOOD DAY SIR!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already stated I was speaking on personal morality and not legality. Read all of the posts above before you improperly accuse me, the very action you condemn.
    I did read all of your posts...

Seeing as how you are commiting fraud, you should feel guilty anyway.
    He isn't returning the product that he purchased. It's fraud.
    It's the same title, but it's not the copy purchased from that store on the date of the reciept. If he bought a game on a certain date, opened and played with it, and then bought the same title at a later date somewhere else at a cheaper price but returned it to the first place of purchase acting as though this later purchased copy was the original, then it's fraud.

If you disagree, then we simply disagree.
    The dictionary definition is "trickery." I wasn't accusing him in a legal sense. It was a moral judgement call. Returning the second purchase and posing it as the original can very much be considered trickery, or FRAUD. Did I say he was guilty of a crime and should be thrown in jail? No. Did I say he should FEEL guilty? Yes.

As mentioned already, we simply disagree. I function on a different set of morals then you. No one wins this one. It's just over.
    I will respond as I see fit, and I call them as I see them. It wasn't until everyone diagreed with your asinine position did you try and argue it was a "moral" argument, that being after you cited a dictionary definition of the term, which is of course objective not subjective. Even still, if it's a "judgment call", it's his and not yours.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Razor Ramon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holier than thou words
    LULZ internets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Hey guys, its still on Amazon for $59.99.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meancode View Post
    Hey guys, its still on Amazon for $59.99.
    They weren't able to sell out of it during the sale so I guess they reduced the price a bit more from the usual $20/off. I guess people aren't terribly interested in light gun games unless they're for the Wii

$50-$60 is a hell of a lot more reasonable than $90, that's for damn sure.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    They weren't able to sell out of it during the sale so I guess they reduced the price a bit more from the usual $20/off. I guess people aren't terribly interested in light gun games unless they're for the Wii

$50-$60 is a hell of a lot more reasonable than $90, that's for damn sure.
    This game is better than the crap on the wii. The whole game of Ghost Squad is about as long as 1 part of a level in TC4. The complete missions are also fun with FPS gameplay. You can't expect a Halo experience but it gets the job done with the controls and gameplay. I like TC4 a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I will respond as I see fit, and I call them as I see them. It wasn't until everyone diagreed with your asinine position did you try and argue it was a "moral" argument, that being after you cited a dictionary definition of the term, which is of course objective not subjective. Even still, if it's a "judgment call", it's his and not yours.
    Not everyone disagrees with him. It's certainly dishonest. If the poster disagrees, maybe he can tell Gamestop the whole story, and let them know it's not the exact copy he purchased from them, but rather one for which he paid less than he's asking back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Are you kidding me? How is it dishonest? I'm in their return period (bought the game less than 2 weeks ago) and am giving them back the exact same title that I bought from them. A new game is a new game is a new game. Their copy isn't any different from the amazon one.

I promise you, I can waltz into gamestop and tell them I got it cheaper somewhere else, and am returning that copy to them. I used to tell customers all the time to come back with their receipt if they found a game cheaper somewhere else, as long as they bought it and brought one copy back sealed.

Oh wait, I don't have to tell gamestop I am returning a different copy, because it's the same exact game. It's the same exact game. It's the same exact game.

Game 1
    Game 2
    game1=game 2
    game 2=game 1
    game 1
    game 2
    game 1=game 2
    game 2=game 1
    game 1 is game 2 is game 1 is game 2 is the same game the same game. both games are the same. the same game, exact same. game is the same.

see? the game... is the same... they are the same game... both games, are exactly the same.

If I didn't hop on that deal, I'd be a total idiot.

Now, if the powers at be feel it's "dishonest" and that I should feel "guilty", the amazon copy will come without shrink wrap on it. Which wont happen, because it's a new game. The same game, that I bought less than 2 weeks ago for $33 more.

I was smart for keeping my receipt, which I always do, because this situation DOES happen more often than not. And since... games.... are....... the....... same....... (in almost every instance in USA), you can return the game, because you bought the same thing.

And now, let us DROP THIS STUPID TOPIC. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Boyscouts, anti-boyscouts. I don't feel guilty. This is a stupid argument, and is OFF TOPIC.

Time Crisis 4 is an awesome game, for $89.99. At $69.99 it's a steal (as long as you like light gun games).

That is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    At $69.99 it's a steal.
    Exactly.

Then tell them what you're doing when you return it. If you honestly, truly feel that you're doing nothing wrong, then you should have nothing to hide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Exactly.

Then tell them what you're doing when you return it. If you honestly, truly feel that you're doing nothing wrong, then you should have nothing to hide.
    I don't have anything to hide because it's the same exact game. And when I go into gamestop, I will tell the clerk (who won't care anyway, making minimum or slightly more than minimum wage) that I am returning a new copy of the game I got somewhere cheaper. They will say "sure" or "alright" or "whatever," and I will be on my way. If they say "sorry, I can't take that back Z it's not the same game hahahahomg!!!, I will let the two boyscouts know they were right, and then return that at another gamestop and feel guilty. Which wont happen, because it's the same exact game. End of discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I did read all of your posts...

Don't feed the troll.