Thread: Those "LEGENDARY" finds?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Those "LEGENDARY" finds?

OK, sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, but has anyone had any fantastic finds lately? Or even some fantastic baragain-acious ones ever? I've had a couple in the past few years or so (working at Gamestations all over Scotland had to have SOME benefits!) and just a few awesome chance encounters.

Some of the more memorable ones from the past: boxed, mint/near-mint SNES copies of Super Castlevania IV, Prince Of Persia and Chaos Engine for £3.99 each, CIB Japanese Mega Drive Batman, Fantasia and Runark for £1.49 each, CIB near-mint US Master System Castle Of Illusion for £3.99, all from Cash Converters (not on the same day, sadly!). A still sealed copy of F-Zero on the SNES for £7, numerous rare games at silly prices (£2.99 each for Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel on MD, Spiderman: Return of the Sinister Six, and 2 copies of Outrun 3D on the SMS, all CIB, for example), plus numerous free pirate Mega Drive and Gameboy games, all from working in Gamestation. Then, when our store became a Blockbuster, all our retro (ie. anything PSX and before) went down to £2.99 buy one get one free, so that added to my collection.

Last month, I went into Cash Generator on the off-chance that they'd had any retro traded in. That morning, someone had traded in their Saturn, so I got CIB copies of Discworld, Earthworm Jim 2, Guardian Heroes, Keio 2, Spot Goes To Hollywood, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, Tetris Plus, Wipeout 2097, Need For Speed, Fighting Vipers, Road Rash and a Saturn Memory Card for £12 total. And the next day, I got a Warhammer: Shadow Of The Horned Rat for £1.

Also, our store was clearing out our stockroom a few months ago, with a large amount of stuff just getting thrown out. From this stack of "junk" I rescued about 50 2600 carts, a few decent Spectrum games, a bunch of NGP and Lynx games, a new Dreamcast keyboard, and a Barcode Battler! Recent finds have been thinner on the ground, sadly, however I did recently get an unboxed Action 52 for the MD for £0.50 and a haul of Shenmue 1&2, Power Stone 2, Metropolis Street Racer and THPS2 on the Dreamcast and Point Blank 3 on PSX for a combined total of for a total of £8.97.

I'm running out of shelves. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Ummmm..........back to the point, have any of you had a truly awesome find? Like the sort of thing you'd tell your grandchildren, if you have any and they were retrogamers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes I've had great finds but none recently. However, Some people seem to be godly lucky (See snotknocker over at cheapassgamer, Darn!) And they blow my finds away often.

This year was slow for gaming deals but I had a good one, I bought a N64 with the Expansion pack, A saturn and Zelda Majora's mask for $7! The other year I bought a few virtual boys for cheap and in 2006 I bought 50 to 60 games (Some for N64, Some for SNES but most of them were for the NES) For $10!

Oh and please post about deals in the "What's it worth?" Forum from now on. I'm not a moderator but since you're new here I say the mods should cut you a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Does a friend of mine giving me a free Sega CDX back in August count? He didn't know the value of it, and he knew I'm a huge Sega nut.

I'm pretty sure this makes up for my passing up a $20 JVC X'Eye a few years ago.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

The store I work at (kmart) tends to have some sweet deals on games via clearance I've picked up 360 hard drives for 20 bucks and games for 3 bucks (good games, mostly ps2) its nice to walk home with a huge haul of stuff for 100 bucks and turn around and sell it for 300 (or keep it..)

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

We've got a whole forum to highlight peoples finds and all that good stuff. Every month we've got some people that find some insane deals.

Check it out over here

**Lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog