Thread: Ship to Germany?

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ship to Germany?

Will you American sellers ship to a buyer in Germany on Ebay? Is that one of the "safer" countries to deal with?

Please advise.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From my experience I wold put in a notch below England and above Italy and France.

Of course the usual shipping without tracking outside the usa situation comes up whenever using paypal.

Personally, if its over about $20.00 in value I wouldnt risk it unless the buyer has good feedback and doesnt mind paying the EMS price. EMS is nice for a couple lbs worth of games, but for a couple items its rough.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never yet had a problem from a German buyer - whereas I have had plenty of problems with US buyers and UK buyers. I suppose that may just be luck - I've had a lot more UK & US buyers than German, but on the whole I don't think you should worry too much.

The only buyers who have actually tried to blackmail and/or scam me have been UK, US and Italian. Oh, and Chinese. Things to bear in mind:

1) Make sure the buyer knows the difference between PAL & NTSC (if appropriate to this item), and that they will definitely be able to use the item they are buying on the system that they have.

2) Make sure that they understand the payment methods you accept and can comply (German bidders often do not have Paypal, although I think that is beginning to change a bit now).

3) If you are worried about being scammed, and they are paying with Paypal then protect yourself by either (a) withdrawing/spending the money and then keeping your balance at zero until they have received the item or (b) ensuring that they pay for insured & trackable postage.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous