Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Gamer gets XBL account stolen for rare Halo 3 armor. (joystiq)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Pro Gamer gets XBL account stolen for rare Halo 3 armor. (joystiq)

And to add insult to injury, the guy no longer can gain access to his account.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/30/pr...-halo-3-armor/

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default XBox Live Hostile Account takeovers over Halo 3 armor

Intarwebs be serious business.

All kidding aside this article really got to me especially once I started to read the shit going down on their own forums with this clan doing these hostile takeovers that they are doing, in what was initally just to takeover this guys armor as more noise is brought up, these guys start threatening DDoS attacks, take over other accounts and cause all kinds of shit purely because they feel like it. I really hope that Bungie and MS can get some serious hurt dropped on those fuckwads.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110912

I hope those fuckers get caught, and strung by their toenails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If people are calling the tech support and getting account information then that's a breach of your privacy. If credit cards and other financial information is linked then that may fall into federal territory.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody cares and this is why MMO games can't exsist since we have too many cheaters and too many smugged people.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Intarwebs be serious business.

All kidding aside this article really got to me especially once I started to read the shit going down on their own forums with this clan doing these hostile takeovers that they are doing, in what was initally just to takeover this guys armor as more noise is brought up, these guys start threatening DDoS attacks, take over other accounts and cause all kinds of shit purely because they feel like it. I really hope that Bungie and MS can get some serious hurt dropped on those fuckwads.
    I just followed the forum story tonight... and already busted one of the perps. It's always good to go around stealing accounts and acting like hard shit, yet have a myspace with pics of your license plate number, where you work, go to school etc.

You got to check out this kid's pictures (I put them on page 20 I believe, maybe 21).

After seeing them, you'll see why he is the way he is.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So here we have an irresponsible teenager (legally an adult now) with a sense of entitlement strong enough to knock a bull over. Big surprise.

Spoiled brats like this are definitely the reason why the only online games I play are on the DS.

His parents are probably clueless.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

People like him make me sick, he hacked the guys account for no reason at all, someone should goto the Gamestop he works at and punch him in the teeth. I wonder how much longer until his co-workers and local customers find out about this, I'm sure his face will be red then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    His parents are probably clueless.
    Just give it a few more days, I'm pretty sure a neighbor/relative will tell them the latest news about their asshole son.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The account being stolen is wrong and should have never happened I hate people thatp ull that crap BUT with all that sad I cant say I feel the slightest bit of sympathy for this "pro gamer"

I dont see what he did to cause him deserving bungie/ ms employee halo 3 armor. If he's worthy of the armor then so is everyone that owns over 200 xbox 360 games. You don't see THOSE people getting exclusive armor.

I feel what happened to him is wrong but I dont feel bad for him.
    (installs anti-flame shield)

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus View Post
    The account being stolen is wrong and should have never happened I hate people thatp ull that crap BUT with all that sad I cant say I feel the slightest bit of sympathy for this "pro gamer"

I dont see what he did to cause him deserving bungie/ ms employee halo 3 armor. If he's worthy of the armor then so is everyone that owns over 200 xbox 360 games. You don't see THOSE people getting exclusive armor.

I feel what happened to him is wrong but I dont feel bad for him.
    (installs anti-flame shield)
    I'm glad I don't live under your moral and legal justice system. What the crap happened to your sense of right and wrong??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

LMAO geez jealous much?
    LMAO anti-flame shield?

He got it for having a "very popular Halo 3 video"

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

His video did make the rounds right after people first started to post stuff thanks to the saved films options. It's not that its the ZOMG most amazing video ever, its just that he was the first to catch one in the head and make it known. Just like the Warthog flippers in Halo 1. The first one wasn't the best by far, but making that video opened the floodgates for pretty much everything else that got made.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/c2o6PCbPBhA.html
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    I just followed the forum story tonight... and already busted one of the perps. It's always good to go around stealing accounts and acting like hard shit, yet have a myspace with pics of your license plate number, where you work, go to school etc.

You got to check out this kid's pictures (I put them on page 20 I believe, maybe 21).

After seeing them, you'll see why he is the way he is.
    Wow the shot packing heat next to his license plate, that is really stupid. I hope MS is watching that thread and takes action against that kid. This is a really bad situation.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROTS MKII View Post
    Nobody cares and this is why MMO games can't exsist since we have too many cheaters and too many smugged people.
    Are we even posting in the same thread? There's nothing about MMOs being said here. Also, please define "smugged" in this context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If those pictures are of him and that is his liscense plate.. Wow. What is the world coming to? Seriously, Who is that stupid? Nevermind, I can answer my own question: HIM.

I hope that the one guy gets his tag back. I'm going to post this on some other sites and let my friends know...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

they took another vbi member's account, and apparently started using his credit card.

Bye Bye fellows
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter View Post
    I'm glad I don't live under your moral and legal justice system. What the crap happened to your sense of right and wrong??
    Nothing happened to my sense of right and wrong. I already said it is WRONG to steal other peoples accounts etc. All i'm saying is this alleged 'pro' gamer doesn't get any sympathy from me, what makes him more special than other gamers i bet he doesn't even support the gaming industry 1/4 as much as most of the members of digitpress. So why does he get special treatment from the industry? Oh cause he's a halo 3 expert that plays one or two games 24/7 instead of being a jack of all trades hardcore industry supporter?

I'm not condoning the criminal acts of theft, quite the opposite, but i sure as hell dont feel an ounce of sorrow for the guy it happened to, especially since it feels like he is getting some sort of special treatment from bungie or something for doing nothing.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope the guy that stole his account gets caught and execute for treason (even if he hasn't committed acts of treason I have faith in our FBI that they can plant evidence on him and make him look like a terrorist so they can toss the maximum penalty at him. I'd be furious if someone stole my account but i'd have to be naive to think most of the internet would feel bad for me.

It's not like something happened to the guys real life family or something, kinda hard to feel bad for someone that has something happen to them via XBOX live when they had been given preferential treatment from bungie. Maybe if someone screwed up his credit, or tracked him down in real life and did something to him that way i'd feel bad though.
    Last edited by xmagxus; 01-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.

(old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    LMAO geez jealous much?
    LMAO anti-flame shield?

He got it for having a "very popular Halo 3 video"
    Jealous? I dont even play halo 3 anymore I last played it like over a month ago. I'm not jealous, I just dont feel overly sympathetic for the guy. It sucks what happened but I don't feel sorrow for him in particular I don't see why that's so bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Jealous? I dont even play halo 3 anymore I last played it like over a month ago. I'm not jealous, I just dont feel overly sympathetic for the guy. It sucks what happened but I don't feel sorrow for him in particular I don't see why that's so bad.
    xmagnus...

After seeing your gamerscore, I'll offer you word of warning. I would think people with insanely high gamerscores would be prime targets for these hijacking douche bags.

I guess the lesson here is not to piss off any angry 13 yr. olds during your next online match or someday your account (and therefore all your achievements) might disappear. I'd try to remain as inconspicuous as possible.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    xmagnus...

After seeing your gamerscore, I'll offer you word of warning. I would think people with insanely high gamerscores would be prime targets for these hijacking douche bags.

I guess the lesson here is not to piss off any angry 13 yr. olds during your next online match or someday your account (and therefore all your achievements) might disappear. I'd try to remain as inconspicuous as possible.
    Oh I know, In fact i've been threatened to have my account hacked by someone and I actually basically antagonized them saying it would never happen. This was like 4 months ago and my account is still totally untouched. However I am aware that for every wannabe hacker out there there is also someone that is actually capable of following through with the threats...

But I wouldnt expect people to feel sorry for me if it happened ;p I'd expect them to blacklist the actions of the guy that commited a criminal act but I certainly wouldnt feel bad if they didnt feel sorry for what happened to me, afterall Im just some guy on the internet.