Thread: Rumor: UT3 on Xbox 360, 90% complete [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Rumor: UT3 on Xbox 360, 90% complete [Joystiq]

Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360

Considering it's due on the Mac in early 2008, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the on-again, off-again Xbox 360 port of Epic's Unreal Tournament III isn't "on hold" any longer, and may even be as far along as 90% complete - if we're to believe a scanned image from a German gaming magazine. Our German is a bit rusty (read: nonexistent) but the folks from MaxConsole are saying the release is expected sometime around April of next year.

If accurate, that means the PS3 enjoys a four-or-so-month timed exclusivity, including the lucrative holiday season. Now, if only those pesky sales would pick up ...

[Via X3F]

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

</img> </img>

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find 33,000 a low number. That is very hard to believe. That is drake of the 99 dragon numbers.
    neo geo system

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of websites appear to be taking preorders for it on the Xbox 360 still. I am looking at play-asia right now and its still taking X360 preorders.

With the way "exclusives" are going right now, there are none expect for first-party games and a couple of others. The cost of development is so high that it is pretty much a given the publishers will release it to every platform they can for more money to recoup the costs.

I parted out most of my gaming PC because the games are just coming out on the Xbox 360 and I get achievements for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I considered snagging a used ps3 copy as part of gamestop's recent B2G1 deal on used games, but knowing the 360 version was coming down the line, I couldn't bring myself to take part in another mediocre ps3 online experience.

Voice chat (that people actually use), achievements (not a huge deal) and Xbox Live in general usually make the 360 version of multiplatform online games the keeper.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually the online has been super fast for wifi. I was very very surprised. I had to turn down the sensitivity on my deathmatches.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

I highly doubt the 360 version will have the mod support. Advantage: PS3.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

The PS3 controller will always suck for FPS's. The 360 controller was made specifically for FPS's. I cannot emphasize this enough. This fact combined with the non-existent PS3 online community makes UT3 a 360 purchase for me. Of course if sales numbers and people playing online are any indicator, most FPS gamers are passing this one up. I've been browsing the online forums for both versions (PC and PS3) for the past month and they're littered with "Why isn't anyone online?" topics. Hmmm.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3 controller isnt has bad is it seems, now that theres decent games designed around it. Plus, mouse and keyboard support on the PS3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The PS3 controller will always suck for FPS's. The 360 controller was made specifically for FPS's. I cannot emphasize this enough. This fact combined with the non-existent PS3 online comhttp://www.digitpress.com/forum/images/smilies/2003_pimp.gifmunity makes UT3 a 360 purchase for me. Of course if sales numbers and people playing online are any indicator, most FPS gamers are passing this one up. I've been browsing the online forums for both versions (PC and PS3) for the past month and they're littered with "Why isn't anyone online?" topics. Hmmm.
    I agree. The point to me isn't so much that the 360 won't have the 'mod support,' as much as on the 360 I'll be able to actually play on a team that can and will communicate. ps3 online is like playing with a bunch of mutes because Sony skimped on including a mic with their console and there really isn't a good alternative (one Logitech mic and one overpriced Mad Catz bluetooth are all that's available in most stores).