Thread: Today's Trade-Ins [DP Store]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    modest9797

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Those were bad but how about those "whole cartridge/disk" labels that Blockbuster put on N64 and PS1 games. Or more recently, the bajillion stickers that Gamestop puts on the game cases, including the ever-difficult "inside the DVD case/on the original artwork sleeve/on the spine" combo?
    At the gamestop near me they leave the back of of the sticker on. I have only had 1 that was on the actual insert.
    Last edited by modest9797; 07-21-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Xbox Live : modest9797
    Games I Want
    PS1: 2% PS2: 0%
    Xbox: 42% GC: 18%

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by modest9797 View Post
    At the gamestop near me they leave the back of of the sticker off. I have only had 1 that was on the actual insert.
    You're lucky. The many trade-ins I get of recent Gamestop titles have a sticker on the front, a sticker on the back, and a sticker on the spine INSIDE of the outer sleeve. I have quite a few Gamestop employee customers, several of which have told me that this is to speed up the inventory process, as they can run the scanner along the shelves and pick up the barcode without having to take the games off the shelf.

Huzzah for laziness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

You're lucky. The many trade-ins I get of recent Gamestop titles have a sticker on the front, a sticker on the back, and a sticker on the spine INSIDE of the outer sleeve. I have quite a few Gamestop employee customers, several of which have told me that this is to speed up the inventory process, as they can run the scanner along the shelves and pick up the barcode without having to take the games off the shelf.

Huzzah for laziness.
    Whenever my buddy and I see stickers on the insert like that, we complain directly to the manager of that store. Solved the problem right quick at one location.

That *really* irks me. If you MUST put a spine sticker on a game, put it on the case, not the insert!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

my personal favorite are the white stickers that when you goto peel them off say VOID VOID VOID love them!!!!

dwarf

..."The One And Only"

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Those were bad but how about those "whole cartridge/disk" labels that Blockbuster put on N64 and PS1 games. Or more recently, the bajillion stickers that Gamestop puts on the game cases, including the ever-difficult "inside the DVD case/on the original artwork sleeve/on the spine" combo?
    I'd rather peel off 100,000 Gamestop spine stickers than deal with these. My Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness still has the damn thing on it because clearly it's impossible to take off without the cartridge label coming with it. I got lucky and was able to peel off the ones on the Star Ocean: The Second Story discs I bought from them though.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I'd rather peel off 100,000 Gamestop spine stickers than deal with these. My Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness still has the damn thing on it because clearly it's impossible to take off without the cartridge label coming with it. I got lucky and was able to peel off the ones on the Star Ocean: The Second Story discs I bought from them though.
    If you're around tomorrow and care to trust me with it, come see me at the store. I'd like to take a crack at it.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Monday.

3DO System (loose) - Another one, but welcome as stated a day or two ago. This is a Panasonic FZ-1, fine condition. Traded in with a bunch of complete games, including Jurassic Park, VR Stalker and my favorite, Way of the Warrior.

Sega CD Lunar
    (loose) - Discs only. WTF.

PS1 Street Fighter EX@
    (complete) - Huzzah for 3D Street Fighter! Well, maybe not, but there are some people that actually ASK for this game.

Strategy Guide: Dragon Warrior 7 - Don't know if anyone really cares but it seems kinda cool, and it's not something we see every day, so here it is, logged into our little one year log.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Monday.

3DO System (loose) - Another one, but welcome as stated a day or two ago. This is a Panasonic FZ-1, fine condition. Traded in with a bunch of complete games, including Jurassic Park, VR Stalker and my favorite, Way of the Warrior.

Sega CD Lunar
    (loose) - Discs only. WTF.

PS1 Street Fighter EX@
    (complete) - Huzzah for 3D Street Fighter! Well, maybe not, but there are some people that actually ASK for this game.

Strategy Guide: Dragon Warrior 7 - Don't know if anyone really cares but it seems kinda cool, and it's not something we see every day, so here it is, logged into our little one year log.
    I didn't realized that Dragon warrior 7 had a guide. Nice! PSX guides are really collectible for some reason on the other.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huzzah for laziness.
    Another reason why I shouldn't buy from Gamestop in NJ. It was disheartening seeing all the games I want butchered with those ridiculous spine stickers, besides the constant repetitive sticker removal.

Fortunately, the Gamestop in Delaware don't give me that problem as the spine stickers is on the outsides (but I still have to remove a 1,000,000 stickers from all hauls I purchase from all their sales). Guess the source trouble lies with regional management.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Another reason why I shouldn't buy from Gamestop in NJ. It was disheartening seeing all the games I want butchered with those ridiculous spine stickers, besides the constant repetitive sticker removal.

Fortunately, the Gamestop in Delaware don't give me that problem as the spine stickers is on the outsides (but I still have to remove a 1,000,000 stickers from all hauls I purchase from all their sales). Guess the source trouble lies with regional management.
    The sticker on the insert under the plastic is a problem in my region too. I told my manager and district manager straight up that I refused to purchase used games from any of our stores because of the practice. Even when I was notified that the practice went into effect, I either refused to do trade-ins (not outright, there's ways around it). If I did get stuck doing trade-ins, I wouldn't create stickers for the spines or would continue to spine-sticker on the outside on the plastic.

Luckily my store has dropped the practice and we are doing it the way I've been doing it, spine-sticker on the outside plastic. If done correctly and not sloppy like some employees are known for, the sticker stays in place like it's supposed to and won't come off unless purposely peeled off. While it's nice that my store has dropped the annoying practice, the same cannot be said of other locations in the area. What kills me is how many employees don't see a problem with this practice. Additionally, what's ironic about this is when Gamestop acquired EB a few years back, the edict from the PTB was that there would only be 2 stickers on cases, the price on the front and ID on the back. Didn't take very long to reverse that train of thought.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Today:

SNES Game Lot (loose) - About 15 loose SNES games including a few staples like Super Mario World also included Gradius III, Super Mario All-Stars, and Mega Man X and Mega Man X2.

NES Game Lot (loose) - From the same guy, about the same number of games, including Super Mario 2 and 3, Mega Man 2 and 3, Tyson's Punch-Out!! and more.

Genesis Game Lot (complete) - A huge box of about 40 complete Genesis games. No sports titles! Highlights include Thunderforce 2 and 3, Streets of Rage 2, Robocop vs. Terminator, TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Sol-Deace (haven't seen that one in a long time), and Vapor Trail.

PS1 Final Fantasy VII
    (missing manual) - Discs in great shape but it's the greatest hits version and missing the book.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS1 Final Fantasy VII
    (missing manual) - Discs in great shape but it's the greatest hits version and missing the book.
    A few more and you just may actually be able to open that FFVII store.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Playing a little catch-up, the last two nights have been late nights.

Friday:
    N64 Game Lot (loose) - A whole bunch of loose stuff actually collected across three different customers over the course of the day made up for a really nice pile of good games. Each of the three had Goldeneye 007. Also in the lot at the end of the day: Starcraft 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Clay Fighter, Magical Tetris Challenge, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium 2, and more.

Saturday (NAVA):
    This is one of the reasons I love NAVA. Besides having a party every month, the store sees some truly unusual shit.

Supergrafx System (loose) - Complete NEC Supergrafx system, first time traded in. No games but of course it plays all of the PC Engine Hucards and there are lots of those in the store right now.

Saturn Christmas Nights (complete) - In great condition in its little sleeve. Just in time for the holiday!

Virtual Boy System (complete) - Boxed - oops, ALMOST complete. It was missing the battery pack as the owner had purchased an AC adapter instead. I'm pretty sure I have an extra battery pack to make the set complete. Also, the AC adapter is in the box which is a nice bonus.

Sega 32X System (complete) - Also complete in box.

Atari Jaguar System (complete) - Like 3DO, it seems we're seeing more of these in the past 3 months than we'd seen in the past year prior. It's all good.

Jaguar Game Lot (complete) - A collection of about 20 games, boxed complete. Most are the ones you see all the time, but there were some others like Alien vs. Predator, Ruiner Pinball, Raiden, and Pitfall which I don't see as often.

Sega Master System Game Lot (complete) - Similar to the above. About 25 boxed complete games, mostly common stuff but included the rare Buster Douglas Boxing as well as some uncommons like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Paperboy, and Strider.

Virtual Boy Game Lot (complete) - I can count the number of times we've gotten boxed Virtual Boy games in the store on one hand. Today, about 15 unique titles and some really good/hard to find ones including Jack Bros, Waterworld, Mario Clash, and Tetris 3D.

PS1 Vandal Hearts (complete) - Among a pile of PS1 games taken in today, this was the only one that stood out. One of my favorite tactical RPG's.

Wii Fit (new) - One of our NAVA members happened upon this at a store (at the time you're reading this, they're very scarce) and picked it up, knowing someone would want it. This isn't exactly a trade-in, more like a direct purchase.

Atari 2600 Game Lot (complete) - Hooray for boxed complete games from the 80's! Another NAVA member was thinning out his collection, I picked out about two dozen games from his trade box, including Sky Skipper, Racquetball, Nexar, MegaForce, Gyruss, Sssnake, GI Joe, Kool-Aid Man, Wizard of Wor, Worm War I, Fast Food, and more.

3DO Game Lot (complete) - Same guy as above, about 8 3DO games the store did not have before including Strahl, AD&D Deathkeep, Creature Shock, and Syndicate.

PS2 Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    (boxed) - Ugh, missing the manual. Part of a trade with one of my store associates.

XBox Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    (complete) - That's better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ I have to say that is one nice haul you got there over the past two days, congrads and lets hope someone would buy the stuff off of you.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Damn, it must be so fun to get all of those cool trade in's...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does that mean us DP'ers get picking on that stuff, hehehe

Why must you taunt me with Jack Bros, hahaha, I need that badboy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

How much to ship me one of those Jaguar setups?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Things have quieted down a bit. Just one notable trade.

Super NES Game Lot (loose) - Loose but great selection of games including Earthbound, Super Punch-Out!!, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario RPG, and more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Hey Joe, why don't you make your daily trade-in posts in Spanish? You could kill two birds with one stone.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Hey Joe, why don't you make your daily trade-in posts in Spanish? You could kill two birds with one stone.
    You refer to my "other" 2008 project: learning Spanish. I've come pretty far. I can do all the basics and have engaged my Latino customers in this. In fact, they've been very helpful - sometimes what you hear on a learning CD isn't quite the way they say it on the street. Still, there's only one phrase that really counts.

"Yo quiero tus juegos, gratis, por favor."

Buenas noches.