Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Today's Trade-Ins [DP Store]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lama View Post
    BTW, have you ever come across a BOXED R.O.B.? Do those exist? I'm assuming they do. But I've never seen one. Mine came in the NES Deluxe set.
    Sure they exist, R.O.B. was also sold seperately.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    A few tidbits from the past few days.

TurboGrafx-16 Lot (various) - Loose system with TurboStick and TurboTap, a few controllers and some decent games (unboxed but in CD case) including Galaga 90, Blazing Lazers, Bonk's Adventure, and a loose Air Zonk.
    Air Zonk is quite a prize. A loose still goes for an arm and a leg on Ebay. Did any game come with carton box?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Air Zonk is quite a prize. A loose still goes for an arm and a leg on Ebay. Did any game come with carton box?
    No, which is why I described the lot as "some decent games (unboxed but in CD case)" and Air Zonk specifically as "loose". Sorry if that was confusing.

A little catch-up here. Nothing inspiring over the past few days but at least a few items we're happy to have.

SNES Super Mario All-Stars (loose) - Not such a big deal, you might think. But this is a major title, in high demand and often sends away customers either happy (if we have it) or disappointed (if we lie and say we don't). We got two of them over the last four days. That doesn't help the happy-to-disappointed ratio very much, but it's better than nothing.

SNES Super Mario RPG (loose) - From a totally different seller than the two above and part of an otherwise not very interesting pile of SNES titles.

PS1 Namco Museum 5 "O" (complete) - One of the lesser-seen editions from the Namco Museum collection.

Game Boy Advance Game Lot (complete) - Several complete games were traded in, including Dr. Mario and Puzzle League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always wonder when Square will use a Mallow/Geno game, they were great back in the day and could be used again for a big splash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Nintendo DS Lot (complete) - Great selection of games including Oendan (import), Mystery Case Files, Mazes of Fate 2, Hoshigami Mix, and Etrian Odyssey 2.

NES Famiclone (complete) - I forget the name of it, but it has PlayStation-style controllers, guns, a dance mat (?), two paddles (not the Atari-style... these are PING PONG paddles), four cartridges, and the system supports Famicom cartridges as well. One of the better clone packages I've seen.
    Ouendan is (basically) the Japanese version of Elite Beat Agents. As a matter of fact, there were TWO of them released over there. What I mean by basically is that Elite Beat Agents is Ouendan with different story lines and American tunes. Nintendo Power did a story on them a while back as part of a story of great games that never made it over here.

As far as the Famiclone, I see lots of these on Broad Street here in Elizabeth. They have like 3000 games built in and they look like Playstations and use a realistic light gun(realistic as it actually LOOKS like a gun). Not sure if they have a Famicom slot, but those consoles are common in urban areas and sell for about $30.

Sorry for the late quoting, but I haven't checked this thread out in ages.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

OK, a little catch-up again. Remember we're getting into the holiday weekends so I'm doing my best to keep up here.

Thursday:
    Kinda dull trade-in day but lots and lots and lots of common stuff that's "OK" to sell, just not very interesting to this group. Of all the stuff I decided to pick one thing out. I choose:

ColecoVision Spy Hunter (loose) - Yeah yeah, it doesn't seem like much. But honestly I don't think this game has ever been traded in here, so it's worth mentioning as the "pick of the day".

Friday:
    Much busier trade-in day.

Mega Man 9 Press Kit - One of a thousand or two made, it's a Mega Man NES replica box with a replica cart and a mini disc with press info inside. It's all meant to look very "old school" and impressive to collectors. My anonymous seller had three of them, and was ready to sell one to the store, give one away at a future NAVA (ALERT! ALERT!) and keep the third for himself.

SNES Lot (loose) - Two different trade-ins had a bunch of loose SNES games. I wrote down Final Fantasy II and III, Mario Kart, and Mario All-Stars but there were about 40 *good* games in total. This lot made our SNES bin overflow for the first time in quite awhile.

NES Lot (loose) - See above. Highlights: Mega Man 2 and 3, Dragon Warrior II, Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!, all of the Mario's, etc.

PlayStation Lot (complete) - Three different sellers produced quite a pile of nice PS1 games. Highlights: Castevania SoTN, FF Tactics, Xenogears, Thousand Arms, Mega Man Legends 2, FF8, FF9, Legend of Mana, Grandia, Dragon Warrior VII.

Saturday:
    Busy busy day but just "okay" trade-ins.

XBox 360 Spider-man Web (complete) - This is a fairly new game which is always interesting to me when traded in so soon. Looks like fun, took it home and hope to try it out within the next few days.

PS3 Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (complete) - OOH. This is the lunchpail edition of the game. I own the 360 version and love the game as well as the extras but the seller did not agree with me.

PS3 Fallout 3 Hardcover Strat Guide - There was no question this was going right into my collection. In fact, I can probably USE this guide since somehow I finished the game too early and got a crappy ending. Of the hardcover strat guides I've seen, this is in the top three! Of three that I've seen Very nice, really.

PS3 Buzz (complete) - This is the game in the oversize box with the four controllers so you can play a wireless trivia game show with your friends. MY family loved Scene It so this may be our next gathering's game. We still have a new verion of it in the store.

Saturn Import Lot (complete) - Jewel-case versions of King of Fighters '95 and Capcom Generations I highlight the list of games added to the shelf on Saturday.

Super Famicom Lot (loose) - NOOOOO! Just as we were starting to move these out on eBay, another box of 'em turns up (from same seller). I am promised that this is the end of them. Mostly fringe stuff with a few SF2, DK Country, Mario Karts thrown in for good measure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey it could be wose, those imported super fami games could have been thrown away...

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Yesterday.

XBox 360 Gears of War 2 (complete) - Yup, released just a few days ago and first time traded in. The kid didn't like the changes and traded it in for the new Call of Duty game *shrug*

Today.

3DO System (complete) - A complete in box Panasonic FZ-1 3DO system. The big boy. It's always fun to see someone walk in with one of these because there's always a good story behind each one. This guy was the template: bought it early in the system's history, got discontent with the library (which from what I could tell was just FIFA and Jurassic Park), bought a PS1, forgot he ever had a 3DO.

SNES Game Lot (loose) - Nice bundle of high-profile SNES games including Super Mario All-Stars, Kart, and World. Also Starfox, Magical Quest, Zelda Link to the Past and more.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not that it'll still be around at Nava, but I'd love to have an FZ-1 3DO I still have the copy of Immercenary I bought at a Nava over a year ago.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDefender View Post
    Not that it'll still be around at Nava, but I'd love to have an FZ-1 3DO I still have the copy of Immercenary I bought at a Nava over a year ago.
    There are two boxed systems in the store right now so there's a very good chance it will still be around at NAVA! And of course I'd put one aside for you if you want, just PM me.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I thought SFC games would be easy to move.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Super Famicom Lot (loose) - NOOOOO! Just as we were starting to move these out on eBay, another box of 'em turns up (from same seller). I am promised that this is the end of them. Mostly fringe stuff with a few SF2, DK Country, Mario Karts thrown in for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    I thought SFC games would be easy to move.
    Likewise...who doesn't like digging through a pile of SFC games?

Hey Joe, does the store have an ebay name it sells through? I feel like I remember seeing it somewhere..

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by fpbrush View Post
    Hey Joe, does the store have an ebay name it sells through? I feel like I remember seeing it somewhere..
    http://stores.ebay.com/id=620217&ssPageName=L2

Yesterday:

Wii System (loose) - Yet ANOTHER one of these in the store. I've seen more used ones than new ones pass through here over the last two months.

XBox 360 Fable II (complete) - Mentioned because the game is fairly new though it isn't the first time it was traded in. The first one came home with me at least a week ago though I still haven't tried it (have been mesmerized with Fallout 3).

Today:

Dreamcast Marvel vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom II (various) - Part of a larger DC lot traded in. MvsC is complete, MvsC2 is missing the manual.

PS1 Lunar
    (complete) - Technically not complete but it's in the jewel case with the instruction manual. Just missing the outer "collector's box" and little hardcover book.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS1 Lunar (complete) - Technically not complete but it's in the jewel case with the instruction manual. Just missing the outer "collector's box" and little hardcover book.
    If it has the instruction manual in the jewel case then it is complete. The big box version didn't have a paper manual in the jewel case since the hardcover book was the manual. You might have the Fan Edition of the game that doesn't come with all the bells and whistles.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Out of town last weekend so I have some catching up to do!

Friday:

Sealed NES Games (new) - You don't see this everyday, unfortunately it's just a small lot of five but they look like they've been in storage for the last 20 years. Excitebike, Hogan's Alley, Seicross, T&C Surf Designs and Fighting Golf

Saturday:

N64 Game Lot (loose) - It had actually been several weeks since anyone has traded in Super Smash Bros so this lot seemed worth mentioning. Besides that it included Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Hydro Thunder, Vigilante 8 Second Offense, Paper Mario, Mario Party 3 and about a dozen other pretty good games.

PS2 Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (missing manual) - Seems to be a bit of a rarity.

PS2 Time Crisis Project Titan (complete) - Complete in the box with the GunCon 2.

Sunday:

XBox 360 Lot (complete) - Shoppers begin trading in their worthwhile games for holiday gifts, sometimes for themselves In this small pile of very recent games we've got Fable II, Saint's Row 2, and Gears of War 2, all games less than a month old.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Hey there. Are you guys going to add any systems to your online ebay store? I got a few people that want to buy something , but dont live near me to go to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Friday:

Sealed NES Games (new) - You don't see this everyday, unfortunately it's just a small lot of five but they look like they've been in storage for the last 20 years. Excitebike, Hogan's Alley, Seicross, T&C Surf Designs and Fighting Golf
    Nice, sealed black box games....I want!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by darkhades View Post
    Nice, sealed black box games....I want!!!
    yeah those black box games are nice

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by demen999 View Post
    Hey there. Are you guys going to add any systems to your online ebay store? I got a few people that want to buy something , but dont live near me to go to it.
    Send me a PM with what they're looking for. If I have it available I'll let you know.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Yesterday:

Nintendo 64 Ogre Battle (loose)

SNES Chrono Trigger
    (loose) - Some irony here, in that this was traded in on the day that the Nintendo DS version of the game was released. So we got both in on the same day.

SNES System (complete) - The standard 2-controller/Super Mario World package. The system was all "good plastic", too. None of that brown stuff.

NES Contra (loose)