Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Send me a PM with what they're looking for. If I have it available I'll let you know.
    Joe, is it possible to send a PM to see if you have any particular game in stock?

I tried before but dunno if you ever got it.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Joe, is it possible to send a PM to see if you have any particular game in stock?

I tried before but dunno if you ever got it.
    It is possible. Generally I don't like shipping unless it's an item targeted for eBay. My in-store customers get preferential treatment but I do make exceptions.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Friday:

N64 Lot (loose) - Just a collection of really good titles, including GoldenEye 007, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64, and Starcraft 64. These are games that come and go very quickly.

PS1 Marvel vs. Capcom (complete)

PS1 Castlevania (complete) - Black label version.

Sega 32X Zaxxon: Motherbase 2000 (complete) - Listing this here as we don't get a lot of 32X stuff in and this minty game is less common than the usual Doom, Virtua Racing, Star Wars 32X trade-in.

Saturday:

Ah, NAVA...

Saturn Panzer Dragoon Saga (complete) - Complete and as mint as you're going to ever find. Traded in by a NAVA regular...

Saturn Shining Force III (complete) - As above. These were traded for a bunch of current-gen games. Not the usual "the store wins" but an equal trade where we get to sell a few rare Saturn games that just look nice on the shelves for awhile.

PC Warhammer Collector's Edition (new) - This has to be the HEAVIEST PC game package I've ever seen. Apparently has a couple of hardcover books and a pewter figure inside as well as the game and some exclusive game content. Seems pretty cool, anyway.

PS1 Lot (complete) - This fellow traded in about 30 PS1 games and every one was unusual. Included in the bunch were Tobal No 1, Jado Cocoon, Tail Concerto, Juggernaut, Torneko, Ehrgeiz, Kodelka, Guardian's Crusade, Granstream Saga, Hoshigami: Ruining Earth, lots more but you get the idea.

PS3 MK vs. DC (complete) - Less than two weeks released.

Saturn Golden Axe: The Duel (complete)

Genesis Mutant League Hockey (missing manual) - I always wax poetic when someone trades this in, which is uncommon. I love the fact that you can win the game by killing so many players that they can't put a full team on the ice.

360 Fallout 3 (complete) - Love this game. First time traded in.

360 Gears of War 2 (complete) - Another holiday release traded in early in the holiday season. Fine by me.

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mutant League Hockey is amazing. I just don't understand why they won't do a modern remake of it?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love for them to do both mutant league Football and Hockey remake. Even as an Xbox arcade game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drifter 2000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I as well would like to see a Mutant League Hockey remake or rerelease on XBLA. Sadly it seems that hockey isn't popular enough to sustain more than two games a year.

Still waiting for a true sequel to NHL Hitz 20-03...but I stopped holding my breath long ago.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturn Shining Force III (complete) - As above. These were traded for a bunch of current-gen games. Not the usual "the store wins" but an equal trade where we get to sell a few rare Saturn games that just look nice on the shelves for awhile.
    WTH?!

He said he would hold that game for me while we worked out our trading deal. I can't believe he went back on his word!
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    WTH?!

He said he would hold that game for me while we worked out our trading deal. I can't believe he went back on his word!
    I guess you hadn't worked out your trading deal by 11:30pm, because that's about the time we worked out a deal in your absence. Turns out my initial offer was more than twice your final offer. Tip to you: you can't "lowball" veteran collectors. It makes them want to "go back on their word".

I try not to compete with people on NAVA deals. The whole point of these get-togethers is to get collectors trading amongst themselves and for all intents and purposes I am a "retired" collector. I'm always happy to see great trades go down. But when there's something really cool like that just sitting there at 11pm I can't just let it walk out the door, right?

Onto today... this is the best time of year. Good games are out. People want them (for themselves or as gifts but usually for themselves). Trade-ins are abundant.

SNES Super Mario RPG (loose) - Any day we get this traded in is a good day, but especially on a short and busy holiday season Sunday.

N64 Lot (complete) - A nice boxed lot of games included Dr. Mario, Pokemon Puzzle League, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and about a dozen others.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess you hadn't worked out your trading deal by 11:30pm, because that's about the time we worked out a deal in your absence. Turns out my initial offer was more than twice your final offer. Tip to you: you can't "lowball" veteran collectors. It makes them want to "go back on their word".
    Hey, I offered what I was willing to pay for it. If he didn't agree to it and doesn't want to continue the trade further, fine. No skin off my back. BUT we were STILL deliberating. As a matter of fact, he AGREED to the game in a separate bag and hold onto the game for me, so we could continue our trade conservation via e-mail when I got home and make a list of items to trade for it.

Although, I don't blame you with what happened, but, at least, expected you to have the courtesy to ask if he was holding the game for someone. It is a hot item AND it was placed in a bag separated from the trade bag, a good indication it was pending for, if not me then, someone else. Everyone on here knows you demand the respect to not have someone barge in and make offers while in the middle of a trade and the decency to wait until it is done. Why? Cause we know you'd return the favor by not pulling such a stunt behind our backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Hey, I offered what I was willing to pay for it. If he didn't agree to it and doesn't want to continue the trade further, fine. No skin off my back. BUT we were STILL deliberating. As a matter of fact, he AGREED to the game in a separate bag and hold onto the game for me, so we could continue our trade conservation via e-mail when I got home and make a list of items to trade for it.

Although, I don't blame you with what happened, but, at least, expected you to have the courtesy to ask if he was holding the game for someone. It is a hot item AND it was placed in a bag separated from the trade bag, a good indication it was pending for, if not me then, someone else. Everyone on here knows you demand the respect to not have someone barge in and make offers while in the middle of a trade and the decency to wait until it is done. Why? Cause we know you'd return the favor by not pulling such a stunt behind our backs.
    I didn't think you'd go down this road, but I'm prepared to travel this route if you so desire.

For starters, there was no special "separate bag" held off to the side. Greg and I have made many, many trades over the years and he's very good at communicating. Clearly, you are not. Secondly, you don't really expect me to ask everyone if they have pending deals with others before I start a deal, do you? And in THIS case, there's a collectible game sitting in someone's box at 11pm and I should not only ask "do you have a pending deal on that game that isn't in a special separate bag" but also NOT ask "what do you want for that?" Please.

And finally. Am I correctly reading in your message above that I'm "pulling a stunt" behind your back? If this is so, then we are way beyond message board communication. Call me or stop by the store so we can seriously discuss this matter.

Insert Coin (Level 0) allyourbase's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe you guys should brawl it out in the DP parking lot?

Streets of Rage style perhaps- with crowbars, knives, etc. to pick up and throw. Maybe a turkey leg or an apple to replenish the HP meter? winner gets shining force III?

...Just saying.

and if that does go down- definitely youtube it.
    Earning XP since 1986
    USA SNES game count- 94
    USA NES game count- 119
    "Punch him in the mouth to stun him... Then throw your Poke'ball!" -Allyourbase

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by rxcdream0013 View Post
    This is actually pretty interesting. You should note the kind of person that traded the game in. Do you ever start conversations with the customers regarding rarity and stuff like that? I'd assume you wouldn't, just because it might effect a deal. But I'm just curious.
    www.b2cshoes.com
    Since this thread has suddenly evolved into a discussion about ethics, let me break this down into a simple Q&A so we're all on the same page. Answers first.

1) I'm feeling a little defensive about this so pardon me if it sounds defensive. But I've got nothing to hide so I am willing to discuss with this forum community.

2) Anyone who begins a dialogue with "YOU SHOULD..." kinda puts me off.

3) Do I have conversations about rarity, thinking it will affect a deal? Yes, I almost always do. I don't care if it affects a deal. It is much more important to me to keep a customer, especially one who is trading in GOOD stuff, than it is to make a few bucks on a one-time trade-in. This is the same philosophy I embrace when I sell new titles (where is "Golden Compass: The Game", they ask, and I explain that I'd never stock a game that's cashing in on a movie unless it was traded in) or "unrecommend" games that I personally think suck ("How good is 'Pimp My Ride', they ask, and I explain that there are things stuck under my toilet lid that are more fun to play with). I guess you could say that I have a pretty rigid philosophy regarding customer satisfaction, including their trade-ins.

These things said, I have follow-up questions that directly relate, by number, to each of the answers above.

1) Even my family doesn't ask questions this personal about my business. Have we met? Is this my brother-in-law Rocco?

2) Exactly what sort of experience do you have to dictate what I should do either as a collector or even as a retailer?

3) Since you requested my policy on trade-ins, what is yours (or would yours be if you were in this business)? What level of "rarity know-how" would you expect from customers and how would you temper this with your own knowledge factoring in the need to pay the rent every month? What do you feel the Digital Press store should change, knowing what you know now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What I think would be a neat twist to this whole thing is if it turned out that you both had been dealing with different people all along. Not that there would usually be 2 people at a NAVA meeting trying to get rid of a copy of Shining Force III.

JY

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Well, I guess I won't be going to this month's NAVA, now that I know you won't accept The Golden Compass...
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Well, I guess I won't be going to this month's NAVA, now that I know you won't accept The Golden Compass...
    He does. He just won't stock it new! Day saved.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Neither did audiences, based on domestic box office results versus what it cost to make the movie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pimp my ride unfun? Obviously he didn't unlock the Metroid car...
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    Pimp my ride unfun? Obviously he didn't unlock the Metroid car...
    Yo dawg i heard you like cars, so i put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive!
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    Yo dawg i heard you like cars, so i put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive!
    Uh, what?

Let me repeat:

WHAT???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Hey I liked Pimp My Ride!