Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuzzball123

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Light trade ins today. Sundays are hit-and-miss like this. As I've mentioned before, normally 3 (sales) to 1 (trade-ins). today was 10 to 1. So...

GameCube Interactive Demo Disc 34 (complete) - no idea what's on this, it never tells you on the box, but these disappear at every NAVA meeting so I guess there's someone really interested, and they're rarely traded in.

GameCube Game Boy Player (complete with disc) - I'm always happy to get these as they move out really fast too (and they're easy to sell, I mean COME ON YOU CAN PLAY ALL YOUR GAME BOY GAMES ON TV). The disc doesn't even need to be re-surfaced. Bonus!
    Is that demo disk the one with Sonic on it? If so, I've seen it before. :\

I think it was given away with a magazine or something.
    i liek gamez

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gamecube Gameboy Players are great. I was lucky enough to find a silver japanese one at my local gamestop, complete with disc.

It runs fine with a US disc, it seems that all that's needed is a disc to translate the info from the player to the Gamecube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball24 View Post
    I think it was given away with a magazine or something.
    Nope, the interactive demo discs are the retail demo discs used on Gamecube kiosks.

I should get a Game Boy Player one of these days...

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    Gamecube Gameboy Players are great. I was lucky enough to find a silver japanese one at my local gamestop, complete with disc.

It runs fine with a US disc, it seems that all that's needed is a disc to translate the info from the player to the Gamecube.
    Well sure... GameCube hardware is universal. But you need a US disc to play on your US system. Try running a JPN GameCube Player disc and see what happens, not good.

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegardentool View Post
    On a side note, how far is the store from Fort Dix? Unfornuately, I might be there in about a year. If it isn't too far I'll go check it out. I won't have a personal vehicle so I'd have to take a taxi or what not so if its expensive I might just get to check it out once.
    I used to make the drive to Fort Dix all the time, its about 75 miles or so to the store.

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stella Gets A New Brain (complete) - anyone remember this? I haven't seen one in years and have no idea what it's worth anymore, but for Atari 2600 users who have a Starpath Supercharger, this was the first really cool thing to come out in years when it was released what, ten years ago now?
    I still have mine and was wondering the same thing. It's a great collection of games and really handy to have on CD. Especially now when portable CD players are a dime a dozen at the thrift store. I picked one up specifically for playing my Stella disc.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stella Gets A New Brain (complete) - anyone remember this? I haven't seen one in years and have no idea what it's worth anymore, but for Atari 2600 users who have a Starpath Supercharger, this was the first really cool thing to come out in years when it was released what, ten years ago now?

When Retro starts getting, well retro, I'm feeling that need for a rocker and Geritol.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ahhh, the memories... This used to sell for mad money on Ebay, but you can still order it (sans manual, I think) for $5 from Hozer Video Games.
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Pic of Stella

Here's my Stella/Starpath stuff..I think I've had this now for 6- 7 years...It's a good converstaion piece having it in with my 2600 items..I keep it on display but I myself have no clue of a value of it..Though this is not the stuff I had from back in the day I remember when it came out..I was NUTS over it..
    .I wanted to play it over and over..

I was playing the cassette games back then and from what I can remember I kept having a hard time getting to the game that I wanted to play(it was sort of like Asteroids)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I'll keep coming back to this thread just to wait for the first RockBand bundle to get traded in.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Today was disastrous in a sense - my register computer simply died. The good news is that the hard drive is fine but it certainly caused a few hours of stress. I had to keep the store closed until I could cobble together a solution. Thanks to the help of great friends (GrandAmChandler and Drexel923) who just happened to drop by early, the temporary solution got me up and running by 3pm and the store actually had a terrific sales day.

To be detailed better in my blog when the headache goes away.

So despite this, some very nice trade-ins today. The two best items were brought in late in the day by one of our forum members who was upgrading his PSP and brought us...

Saturn House of the Dead (complete) - haven't seen this one in the store in quite awhile. The disc is a little banged up but the box and manual are in great shape and the game plays fine.

NES Final Fantasy (complete) - always nice to get a complete one. All I have to do is figure out how to get all that stuff in its original box. It seems too fat to happen, and I may need to once again employ my dark arts.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Today was disastrous in a sense - my register computer simply died. The good news is that the hard drive is fine but it certainly caused a few hours of stress. I had to keep the store closed until I could cobble together a solution. Thanks to the help of great friends (GrandAmChandler and Drexel923) who just happened to drop by early, the temporary solution got me up and running by 3pm and the store actually had a terrific sales day.

To be detailed better in my blog when the headache goes away.

So despite this, some very nice trade-ins today. The two best items were brought in late in the day by one of our forum members who was upgrading his PSP and brought us...

Saturn House of the Dead (complete) - haven't seen this one in the store in quite awhile. The disc is a little banged up but the box and manual are in great shape and the game plays fine.

NES Final Fantasy (complete) - always nice to get a complete one. All I have to do is figure out how to get all that stuff in its original box. It seems too fat to happen, and I may need to once again employ my dark arts.
    w00t I'm famous!

The "STAMINA" battery (as it's labeled on it's official Sony blister card) for the Slim PSP that I got from the above trade in is great. Rated at 20% higher life than the standard slim PSP battery, it also includes one Piano Black "Fat Battery/Slim PSP" Battery Door Cover and one Silver one (which I used on my Silver Slim) ... the small raised area that the battery creates is actually a rather nice contour on the right side.

The only drawback? The battery, being 2200 mAh vs 1200 mAh takes aproximately double the time to charge.

Still, not a bad trade off for 8 to 11 hours rated straight UMD game play time (and probably more with brightness set to half and volume less than full).
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Good mix of stuff today. Nothing terribly spectacular but we continue to fill in the gaps left behind from the busy holiday season.

PS3 Time Crisis (complete) - first time traded in, which means I finally get to try it Traded in by a guy who says he played it once or twice and didn't like it, took the trade-in credit to buy the new Advance Wars game for DS.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Hey is that PS3 Time Crisis for Sale?.

I need to get my butt up there to buy somethings..I'm looking for some of the older/used 360 titles...like Kameo..and a 360 points card...

Hey Joe:

I got one of the Store Membership Cards that I think gets stamped after everytime I buy something there.../Sorry as I don't have it in hand,I think my wife has it as I have a tendancy to lose stuff...(I got the card last year 09 27 2007-from receipt
    .... after buying a Halo 3 L-Ed set there..I'm Not sure if the Card carries over to this year?/or has an expiration date ?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I got one of the Store Membership Cards that I think gets stamped after everytime I buy something there.../Sorry as I don't have it in hand,I think my wife has it as I have a tendancy to lose stuff...(I got the card last year 09 27 2007-from receipt
    .... after buying a Halo 3 L-Ed set there..I'm Not sure if the Card carries over to this year?/or has an expiration date ?
    No expiration date. It expires when we've stamped out all the little logos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Hey I did not get a card? I will pick one up on Sat

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

N64 Fire Orange System (loose) - OK, nice condition and N64 systems are red hot around here, this is nice to have.

PS1 Mega Man Legends 2 (complete) - in nice shape. We haven't had this one in awhile. Great game and often overlooked even by the PS1 crowd.

Mike told me others but I've already forgotten - the pitfall of a day off in this thread.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I've actually been looking for Megaman Legends 2 for about 2 years.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1 Mega Man Legends 2 (complete) - in nice shape. We haven't had this one in awhile. Great game and often overlooked even by the PS1 crowd.
    Amen! That is one of my all-time favorite PS1 games!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well sure... GameCube hardware is universal. But you need a US disc to play on your US system. Try running a JPN GameCube Player disc and see what happens, not good.
    Already tried, just couldn't read the disc.