Thread: Anybody finish Kirby Canvas Curse 100% ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Anybody finish Kirby Canvas Curse 100% ?

I had been lamenting the fact that I had been leaving so many games less than 100% complete lately (namely Yoshi's Island DS and Contact), but I now have the sneaking suspicion that I should not look to break the trend by way of Kirby Canvas Curse.

After considerable swearing I did manage to complete Rainbow Run, and I must confess it was sort of satisfying to achieve some of the challenges that at first seemed impossible. But for some of the remainder, I finally yielded to my curiosity and checked a FAQ (especially since the orange plunger kept eluding me).

So, how the heck can you score 36,000 points on Paint Panic!? I can barely reach half that!

Going through the main game with the different characters several times over doesn't sound too difficult, but it does sound pretty tedious.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought this was a popular game?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello, eleven-year-old-thread.

I finished the True Arena in Kirby: Planet Robobot on the 3DS recently, a challenge plainly devised by sadists, and felt that it was time to return to this long-abandoned quest, including the tedious re-completions and re-recompletions of the main stages.

I can't imagine there are very many 100% completions of this game out there, because even if people are going to slog through the main stages, I think Paint Panic is straight-out broken. Whatever tools the developers were using to test this thing clearly do not correspond to real-world use. I haven't played Star Allies yet, but I might well say this is one of the hardest challenges in any Kirby game ever. There's one guy on GameFAQs offering some tips, but no other screams of anguish.

So, my tips – some of which echo that of Mr. Hotel_Security:
    -Make sure your DS screen is clean, because if anything is going to put scratches or gouges in it, it's this!
    -I finally got my "A" rank with a score of 35600. It seems GameFAQs is mistaken in saying that the threshold is 36000 (and thank freakin' goodness for that!).
    -I also only had 88 drawings, ultimately perishing on the stage-90 "flashing panels" screen. Seems I just had the good luck to get drawings that I could complete easily for lots of bonus points.
    -Place your DS on a flat surface and try to keep the stylus at a 90° angle to the screen. I leaned way over my desk, ensuring that I had adequate support for my elbows.
    -Remember that every line is drawn straight from one dot to the next. Avoid the temptation to make curves.
    -It may help to pause momentarily after the completion of each line, i.e. after the chime sounds.
    -Short lines seem to require much higher accuracy than longer lines, so move the stylus with corresponding slowness.
    -If you can't remember which way a line should go, just stop, lift the stylus, and watch the screen again. It is not worth incurring a penalty for guessing wrong, especially if you were going to miss the single-stroke bonus anyway.
    -Take breaks! A complete run takes about twelve minutes and I found that the strain on my arms combined with my nervousness tended to make my hands shaky in the upper stages. It was much easier to stop at stage 50, do something else for a while, do ten stages, and then do something else, and so on.

After some practice I tended to reach 30K relatively easily, but that last little bit proved to be a doozy.

Maybe next I'll finally perfect that last stage in Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
    Last edited by Jorpho; 04-21-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jorpho,

I enjoyed reading your follow-up and I'm glad you circled back to complete this challenge. I have yet to do so, but I wanted you to know that your experience was valued and appreciated.

-frap

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho
    next I'll finally perfect that last stage in Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
    Everyone should play Rhythm Heaven Megamix / Rhythm Paradise Megamix / Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+.