Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    I was at a Half-Price Books today, and noticed that they had Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 priced at $75. I thought the title might be somewhat highly priced on the internet, but it isn't. Could this title start to become rare in the future?
    It's really not "rare" in terms of quantity as much as it's always in demand. You can't find a copy for cheap anywhere it seems, but you can generally find a copy if you want it.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    It's really not "rare" in terms of quantity as much as it's always in demand. You can't find a copy for cheap anywhere it seems, but you can generally find a copy if you want it.
    I looked up pricing on it, through Amazon and Ebay, it's still pretty reasonable. You could probably still get it for under $20, with a little effort. I just found it kind of odd that someone at HPB thought it would sell for $75.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

I have one Piece Unlimited Adventure CIB. Got it free from a friend.

These are not rare per say but believe will become harder to find.
    Mario 25th
    Xenoblade PAL/US
    The Last Story Limited Edition
    Pandoras Tower Limited Edition

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Insert Coin (Level 0) drthielegood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    drthielegood

Xseed games has already indicated that they already have a fixed run in mind for The Last Story. I would imagine that Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower (if we get a US release) will be short runs.

As the Wii enters its final days/weeks/months I'll be looking for a few late-in-life titles that are well received but may not be fully embraced at this stage of the consoles life span. Games like Rhythm Fever or Fortune Street come to mind. These titles and the Operation Rainfall games are, I think, going to be worth a bit down the road.

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drthielegood View Post
    Xseed games has already indicated that they already have a fixed run in mind for The Last Story. I would imagine that Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower (if we get a US release) will be short runs.
    This makes me wonder whether or not they will be re-released for the Wii U, with updated graphics and stuff. A short print run for these games doesn't exactly make sense. I mean, they had the whole Operation Rainfall thing, and apparently the games are good, so why have a short run if you aren't going to re-release the game for the next gen? There is definitely money to be made.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Xseed almost always just does one run of their games and I am not aware of any that are rare or even sold out after months or even years of release. I agree that this one might be slightly different given that it's a pretty great game and has a lot of attention right now, but I suspect it will result in a larger run and higher sales than the typical Xseed release. I think the games that are really going to have value over MSRP are going to be the sleepers that others have mentioned that had very limited runs and nobody cared about at the time of release or which totally slipped under the radar. The three late release JRPGs are definitely not under the radar and I know several collectors that don't even own Wiis that are picking up copies of each.

Quote Originally Posted by drthielegood View Post

As the Wii enters its final days/weeks/months I'll be looking for a few late-in-life titles that are well received but may not be fully embraced at this stage of the consoles life span. Games like Rhythm Fever or Fortune Street come to mind. These titles and the Operation Rainfall games are, I think, going to be worth a bit down the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Xseed almost always just does one run of their games and I am not aware of any that are rare or even sold out after months or even years of release. I agree that this one might be slightly different given that it's a pretty great game and has a lot of attention right now, but I suspect it will result in a larger run and higher sales than the typical Xseed release. I think the games that are really going to have value over MSRP are going to be the sleepers that others have mentioned that had very limited runs and nobody cared about at the time of release or which totally slipped under the radar. The three late release JRPGs are definitely not under the radar and I know several collectors that don't even own Wiis that are picking up copies of each.
    It's funny - this is similar to Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love on PS2 a couple years ago. Everyone and their mom was buying sealed copies (including me) to save for future profit since it was the last RPG on the console. You'd be pretty lucky to break even on that, since most are selling around the $20-30 range and, hell, you can still buy it for 19.99 new at Gamestop (most stores still have copies). Maybe that'll change 5-10 years or so from now, but doesn't look too promising.

Who knows though, it's hard to tell on these but usually if people are prepared for a rare release, it ends up not being rare, since so many people bought it to sell it and have taken themselves out of the demand quotient. Still, I couldn't pass up Xenoblade - but the jury will be out for awhile on it...
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

The Fatal Frame game for Wii is kinda up there. I don't know if I would call it rare or just in high demand though.

Also, games are only worth what you can get out of them. The last copy of Fritz Chess sold on ebay was sold for 14 bucks.
    Last edited by Genjackson; 04-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by Genjackson View Post
    The Fatal Frame game for Wii is kinda up there. I don't know if I would call it rare or just in high demand though.

Also, games are only worth what you can get out of them. The last copy of Fritz Chess sold on ebay was sold for 14 bucks.
    That's how game obscurity works. The SERIOUS rare titles are woefully undervalued. Most people do not:
    own them
    search for them
    know/care they exist
    sell their copies in the unlikely event of ownership, because they won't get a worthy price
    Lum fan.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

@Bojay
    Ys Seven Premium Edition is hard to find under 60$. Same with Ys Chronicles PE.

I got mine just before the demand went high up.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Both took a really long time to sell out though and frankly there are tons available for sale at any given time. Moreover, Ys7 Premium was $50 on launch, so it's not like it's really become valuable. Similarly, Ys Chronicles PE was $30 at launch and can still be readily found NIB for under $50. I also know lots of people that have sealed copies and don't even own PSPs anymore. I still stick by the position that rare games aren't things that people are buying assuming they will be rare, at least not on super popular systems like the Wii where there are plenty of people collecting the RPGs and other niche titles even if they don't own or use the system. The rare stuff is going to be low print run or availability that nobody thinks to collect at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    @Bojay
    Ys Seven Premium Edition is hard to find under 60$. Same with Ys Chronicles PE.

I got mine just before the demand went high up.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm bumping this for you collector type folks.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lif...g-to-wii-near/
    http://videojuegos.univision.com/wii...videojuego-wii (Spanish)
    http://en.kaxangames.com/games/el-chavo/

Slang will release the Kaxan Games developed "El Chavo" game on April 27. Apparently this was announced late last year but it just popped up on the Latino news again, so I figured I'd mention it here. I suppose most of the copies of this game will go down to Latin America so it -may- be scarce in Americaland for now.

Fun fact: This same developer created a game called "Taco Master" for iDevices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I almost had a spit take at first glance:
    http://gameplanet.com/catalogsearch/.../?q=EL%20CHAVO

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I almost had a spit take at first glance:
    http://gameplanet.com/catalogsearch/.../?q=EL%20CHAVO
    That's in Mexican Pesos. It's roughly $55-$60 USD (tax is already included in the price.) That's a pretty decent price for a brand new game, brand new AAA games sell for $1000 ($82-$84)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So is this a Mexican exclusive? Seems ridiculously niche to be anything but. I suppose Amazon would carry it at least for the rest of North America.

Also:
    ""El Chavo del Ocho" for Wii cost $3 million to develop and is the first video game to be made in Mexico."

I can't imagine that's true.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 04-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

one piece: unlimited adventure is very hard to find. just finding a complete copy for less then $60 and up is a challenge, it's weird because around 2008 and 2009 I used to see it at places like best buy and wal mart for $40 then it just suddenly became hard to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    So is this a Mexican exclusive? Seems ridiculously niche to be anything but. I suppose Amazon would carry it at least for the rest of North America.

Also:
    ""El Chavo del Ocho" for Wii cost $3 million to develop and is the first video game to be made in Mexico."

I can't imagine that's true.
    The advantage with "El chavo del ocho" is that is extremely popular not only in México ... its quite popular in Brazil, Chile, Argentina and even was dubbed in Russian and Japanese. Its quite strange that any IP of that magnitude is found in our country and even stranger that an IP that old is still a huge hit.

There is another Mexican or Latin american exclusive for the Wii : Atrévete a Soñar

http://motordejuegos.net/profiles/bl...ource=activity

I don't Know if this game has any value on your country, but it wasn't very popular here and there are quite a few on sale
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Have there been any other Latin exclusives for the Wii?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Xenoblade Chronicles (NA) has become quite scarce lately, and the price it's currently going for is amazing

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.