Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: "Rare" Wii games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this a thread about "Rares" only or "Sleepers" that may gain value?

I don't think anything will be known about the true "Rares", but "Sleepers" could potentially be discussed. Anything that got high reviews (8.5+) with fairly unique gameplay and was underappreciated should fit that bill.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Strawberry (Level 2) Beefy Hits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Target Terror.

I had to order from Amazon. I've never seen a copy in the wild.
    You don't have to be smart, you don't have to have all the facts, you just have to be confident.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    Target Terror.

I had to order from Amazon. I've never seen a copy in the wild.
    Both Target and Toys R Us carried the game when it came out. It's a couple years old now which is why you couldn't find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I don't see Spray much, but then again Gamestop liquidated their new copies by dropping them all the way down to $5.
    Lum fan.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    Target Terror.
    An acquaintance has this game and I got to play it as well. He told me he bought it for himself and his wife from a local Gamestop store. Based on that I'd figure it can't be that difficult to find...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Target Terror was widely carried at the GameStop's around here when I bought my copy 12-18 months ago. It's no rarity in my opinion if it was so easily available here in the North Country in upstate NY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

I thought this was worth unearthing as the Wii winds down a bit with its release calendar.

One game that's currently starting to get a little notice as actually being rare is (drumroll) My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold. Yes, it's shovelware (but maybe not - people into this type of game seemed to praise it), but its worth noting that it's terribly difficult to locate online, in fact not many retailers even know this game exists. The first title in the series is extremely easy to find.

I did notice that when more and more people spread the news about Fritz Chess being rare (including myself), that more copies came out of the woodwork on ebay and Amazon. It's still "rare" in the sense that you won't find it for cheap and you won't have much luck finding it used anywhere (a Gamestop national used search came up with two copies according to someone on another board). I suppose I could see a similar thing happening with MH&M:RfG, the difference being that the few that were actively looking for this title when it was released (I traced a couple topics on the Atari message board for the game) were having an awful time finding a copy for themselves.

The crazy thing is, it has 14 Amazon.com reviews... so people were buying this it seems
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks like you definitely found a rarity. I found just one recent Ebay auction and it closed at $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Horse-Me-...-/230740437561

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    I thought this was worth unearthing as the Wii winds down a bit with its release calendar.

One game that's currently starting to get a little notice as actually being rare is (drumroll) My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold. Yes, it's shovelware (but maybe not - people into this type of game seemed to praise it), but its worth noting that it's terribly difficult to locate online, in fact not many retailers even know this game exists. The first title in the series is extremely easy to find.

I did notice that when more and more people spread the news about Fritz Chess being rare (including myself), that more copies came out of the woodwork on ebay and Amazon. It's still "rare" in the sense that you won't find it for cheap and you won't have much luck finding it used anywhere (a Gamestop national used search came up with two copies according to someone on another board). I suppose I could see a similar thing happening with MH&M:RfG, the difference being that the few that were actively looking for this title when it was released (I traced a couple topics on the Atari message board for the game) were having an awful time finding a copy for themselves.

The crazy thing is, it has 14 Amazon.com reviews... so people were buying this it seems

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got one: One Piece Unlimited Adventure. I've only ever seen one copy in the wild, which is the copy I bought. It's currently going for an average of $60.00 online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Looks like you definitely found a rarity. I found just one recent Ebay auction and it closed at $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Horse-Me-...-/230740437561
    I had another auction saved to my ebay searches and was able to get a used copy over the weekend for $34, granted your find is for a new copy. The only other used copy even near that price range is $45 on Amazon. Other than that you got a $170 used and a $300 new listed on ebay.

I kind of consider One Piece as the Wii's first rarity. It still fluctuates a bit but generally a used copy should get you at least as much as what a brand new copy cost when it came out, if not a little more. You can find them at Gamestops here and there for $40 used. I bought a sealed copy for $70 a couple years ago...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    One game that's currently starting to get a little notice as actually being rare is (drumroll) My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold.
    I've never seen this game but I will keep an eye out for it. I'm also awarding it for having one of the creepiest Wii titles of all time.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The Wii is going to be a pain to collect for years down the line. Pretty much only first-party games were advertised, and many games only had one print run.

It's also going to be like the 2600, in that the rarest games for it are mediocre or downright terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

I'm surprised nobody has mention the Metroid Prime Trilogy. My friend and I looked all over and we've only found two places nearby that had it. My friend got it from a Gamestop and paid $60 used, another shop in Seattle has it for around $80 used, I believe.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mention the Metroid Prime Trilogy. My friend and I looked all over and we've only found two places nearby that had it. My friend got it from a Gamestop and paid $60 used, another shop in Seattle has it for around $80 used, I believe.
    I just purchased a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $125. It is in flawless condition. I will eventually send it to VGA for grading. Judge for yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

One Piece Unlimited Cruise Double Pack appears it'll become rare, as far as PAL goes. Supposedly an exclusive release to Germany IIRC.
    Lum fan.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good Wii games. Those are rare. Not rare as in hard to find, but rare as in there's barely any.

Last edited by kupomogli; 04-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Hmm....for the record I was disappointed with it, but is Mario All-Stars for Wii rare or uncommon? I got it for my gf but had trouble locating a copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    Hmm....for the record I was disappointed with it, but is Mario All-Stars for Wii rare or uncommon? I got it for my gf but had trouble locating a copy.
    I too bought a copy for my sister for Christmas, kinda wish I got one for myself as well. A re-release tempered values a bit but it's back up a little.

The Wii is going to be a pain to collect for - but I have a feeling that so many people grew up with one (just like the NES and Atari) that it'll come back as a collecting system later when all those kids grow older and get those same nostalgic desires as many of us do. For now, I'm just chasing down the rarest ones. I got a couple copies of Fritz Chess (one opened, one sealed), One Piece sealed, F1 2009 opened (which I actually bought the day it came out) and now My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold.

As for Metroid Prime Trilogy - that game is really sought after and will always be. Someone on another website claimed that there was a much rarer regular white box version but I cannot confirm that at all. I'll keep my eye open for it but it seems unlikely...

One new release to really look out for later this month is a Mexican produced NTSC release called "El Chavo". It has all the makings of a future rare (like Super Copa for SNES).
    Last edited by DOAsaturn; 04-10-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Data East Arcade Classics struck me as rare...when it originally came out I actually had to leave town to find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was at a Half-Price Books today, and noticed that they had Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 priced at $75. I thought the title might be somewhat highly priced on the internet, but it isn't. Could this title start to become rare in the future?