Thread: Default storing controllers

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Default storing controllers

any ideas? I'm sure we all have a box full of controllers from Atari to modern. I would like to figure out a good system for maybe hanging them or something just would like to be able to get to them with out digging through the box. The same thing goes for spare av cords, switch boxes, power cords and such. If anyone else is having similar storage problems feel free to post them here as well I would like to read some new ideas. Also there is a page either on here (digital press) or Atari age that goes into a good amount of detail on storing carts, manuals, overlays and the like.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I saw a picture of a guy using one of those hanging shoe holders to keep all his controllers. The pockets were transparent, so it was easy to know what is where. I might give that a try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue lander View Post
    I think I saw a picture of a guy using one of those hanging shoe holders to keep all his controllers. The pockets were transparent, so it was easy to know what is where. I might give that a try.
    doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, at least for most things. don't think it will work for 2600 joysticks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guess no one else has this problem lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also use the shoe holder method. In fact, I also use it to hold some of my A/V and power cables.

JY

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another option that I also use is the plastic "shoe boxes" that you can buy at the dollar store or Wal-Mart, etc. I have a stack of them on my closet shelf with all my A/C adapters, USB cables, old remotes, some loose games, etc. They stack nice and being clear it is easy to see what is in each box. They also have a variety of sizes.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I bought some really big ziploc freezer bags (about 12" square - not all grocery stores carry them so you may have to look around). I then sorted out all of my controllers and extensions by platform and stuffed them into separate bags - I didn't bother labeling them since it is pretty easy to spot the type you need by looking at the bag - but it would be easy enough to do that if you wanted. I also bought a box of rubber bands and used them to keep the cables in each bag untangled.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use those 3 drawer plastic storage bins. I keep all of my controllers in there. I do however wrap the cord around them as well. Keeps the dust out also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Kumori-kun

I turned my old dresser into a cable/controller/loose manual and other random crap holder. I have a 4 tier dresser from when I was like 4 years old, it has 4 tiers of shelving. My grandfather donated some ply wood to the cause and I cut it down to fit in the shelves, making more shelves available. IE my top shelf is the smallest and I created for sections, I store game manuals inside, my second shelf is the second biggest so I sectioned it off into 9 sections, I have 8 for av/rf hookups for different consoles, and a 9th longer section to store power cables, it comes in handle for the new bulky ones like gamecube and slim ps2. The bottom 2 I removed the shelves and put pegs in the back to hang controllers and misc stuff from. When I really think about it , I should of reversed the setup but it works nice. The dresser is an ugly brown piece of furniture which stands out like a sore thumb but I have it tucked away in a closet close to my gaming center. All you need is some old crap and an imagination to store your stuff =P
    Some things never die....Give me all your Sega belongings!!!