Thread: Multi-Platform Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Multi-Platform Games

I just want to ask if anyone has any the same game on the Xbox & the PS2..or the Gamecube...

I get 2 the same game on the 3 systems

When I go over to my brothers house his sons only have a PS2 & a PS3..So I can't play any of my Xbox or Gamecube Games there..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

I do the same thing with my 360 and ps3...the most recent one would have to be armored core4
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually only buy a game for one system, unless it's something I really love playing.

THPS3-played the shit out of this on the GC, and I ended up getting it once I got a PS2(for the better controller, and so I could start a new file).

GTA3/VC/SA-I enjoyed all of these games to death, so I own the trilogy on PS2 and Xbox.

I can't think of much else though, I used to buy most of the multi platform games for the Xbox when I had the chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't name anything I currently own for ps2/xbox/gc at the same time but I do own quite a few games for both genesis and snes most recent being the copy of sunset riders for snes I just got this weekend even though I already own the genesis version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Kumori-kun

The only reason I ever have done that would be to get special features that are locked to a specific console, IE I have Soul Caliber 2 on all 3 consoles.
    Some things never die....Give me all your Sega belongings!!!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

no

thats wasting money unless there are special things about the version that make it worth owning
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

anything for PS2/XBox/GCN usually the GCN unless the others had special features or the GCN version was broken and did not play right. When I get something other than the Wii I am sure I will be the same way unless Sega release a new system then I will most likley be all over that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Kumori-kun

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    anything for PS2/XBox/GCN usually the GCN unless the others had special features or the GCN version was broken and did not play right. When I get something other than the Wii I am sure I will be the same way unless Sega release a new system then I will most likley be all over that.
    Amen to that
    Some things never die....Give me all your Sega belongings!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I've recently been buying the PS2 versions of games that I bought for Xbox when they originally came out. I don't like a bunch of consoles hooked up to my TV and the 360's backwards compatability is crap so I have no use for most of my (non-exclusive) Xbox games anymore.

The only problem with this senario is the PS2 versions usually look terrible compared to their Xbox counterparts. In this HD-era, it amazes me to go back and see the striking difference between PS2 graphics vs. Xbox. Microsoft was really ahead of the curve demanding 480p for most of their games.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a PS3, my lil' bro has 360 and I buy most games for my ps3. The arrangement is kool because he only plays COD4 and Halo 3. The only game that I had to buy for both systems was Madden 08, because I got it first for PS3 and he became hooked on it. I resorted to buying him a copy for his 360; I had to if I was to ever have a chance to play Uncharted again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I have the Xbox versions of Ninja Gaiden & Ninja Gaiden Black, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3.

I also have Rez on the Dreamcast, PS2, and on Wednesday, XBLA.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll buy a game twice if (a) it's cheap and (b) if I really like it and want to be able to play it no matter which system is hooked up...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    In this HD-era, it amazes me to go back and see the striking difference between PS2 graphics vs. Xbox. Microsoft was really ahead of the curve demanding 480p for most of their games.
    They're still ahead as far as compulsory resolutions go. Many (if not most!) ps3 games only go up to 720p (which isn't currently an issue for me or most folks, but the 360's support for higher resolutions will make the games look better upon revisits sometime in the future).

I don't think I've ever bought games I already had for other systems unless you count Castlevania: SotN, which I have on the ps1 and XBLA. Like Oobgarm said, it's a waste of cash in my opinion.

As far as current gen goes, when deciding on which system to get a game for, I have a simple mental checklist:

- Is it available on Xbox 360?
    I buy the 360 version.

- Is it a Playstation 3 exclusive for the forseeable future?
    I buy the ps3 version.

- Does it feature multiplayer?
    I buy the 360 version.

- Is it a Wii exclusive for the forseeable future?
    I wait doubtfully for the Wii to get more than two or three games I'd like to play.

- Is it drastically cheaper on one system than it is on another?
    Wallet determines system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    They're still ahead as far as compulsory resolutions go. Many (if not most!) ps3 games only go up to 720p (which isn't currently an issue for me or most folks, but the 360's support for higher resolutions will make the games look better upon revisits sometime in the future).

I don't think I've ever bought games I already had for other systems unless you count Castlevania: SotN, which I have on the ps1 and XBLA. Like Oobgarm said, it's a waste of cash in my opinion.

As far as current gen goes, when deciding on which system to get a game for, I have a simple mental checklist:

- Is it available on Xbox 360?
    I buy the 360 version.

- Is it a Playstation 3 exclusive for the forseeable future?
    I buy the ps3 version.

- Does it feature multiplayer?
    I buy the 360 version.

- Is it a Wii exclusive for the forseeable future?
    I wait doubtfully for the Wii to get more than two or three games I'd like to play.

- Is it drastically cheaper on one system than it is on another?
    Wallet determines system.
    I'm going to have a similar problem when the next Grand Theft Auto comes out...I'm hearing that the PS3 version will have multiplayer support and the 360 version won't...BUT, the 360 version will have extra downloadable missions.
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    the PS2 versions usually look terrible compared to their Xbox counterparts. In this HD-era, it amazes me to go back and see the striking difference between PS2 graphics vs. Xbox. Microsoft was really ahead of the curve demanding 480p for most of their games.
    Many GameCube games run in 480p as well.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I set up a system a few years ago to keep the multi-platform releases in line.

Gamecube first, if not released or I can't find (Beyond Good and Evil, I'm looking at you) then...

PS2, if I acquire the Cube version at a later time then I sell the PS2 copy. My only exception to this rule is classic/arcade compilations which would be made better with my PS2 Hori stick. I decided to make them PS2 first. All PS2/Xbox Multi-platforms were bought for PS2 since I didn't plan on getting an Xbox at the time.

I just got an Xbox for christmas and it's only getting exclusives in my library for it. Still looking for Call of the Cthulu, the Otagi games and a few others. Also wouldn't mind picking up Fatal Frame 1 & 2 since I love that series and rules are ment to be broken.

Since the Wii is the only new system I have/desire ATM that leaves the previous systems wide open and I'm finding great games for excellent deals, especially for my newly adopted Xbox. I just might make this mode my new rule. Stay a generation back, but get only one new console if I feel I just need to. After paying 30-50 for many of my PS2/GC games throughout the last 5 years or so this option just seems to fit. Besides, I'm older and more patient than I used to be and have a massive backlog to keep me going for years.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 01-29-2008 at 01:01 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives