Thread: Guitar Hero DLC problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Guitar Hero DLC problems

Let me preface this by saying I'm new to the 360, and game profiles, and DLC, and all of that junk. It seems that everything is needlessly complicated. Or maybe I'm just not used to it yet, I don't know. Anyway, here's my question:

I just got a used 360 to resell. The HD that came with it had Guitar Hero track packs 1-4 on it. I copied them to my HD but can't figure out how to play them in-game. I'm starting to think it isn't possible to play things that were purchased on another profile, is this the case? If not, how do I access the songs?

And for that matter, how do I access DLC in Guitar Hero 3? I downloaded the free tracks (Halo theme, We 3 Kings, etc), but they don't show up in my "downloads" tab within the game. It says it checks for DLC, but nothing comes up. Do I have to be connected to Live or something?

And finally, and this is an unrelated question, does the Les Paul controller have problems with kick-back? I play with a pick, and the X-Plorer guitars like to register two notes every once in awhile because the pick makes the strum bar kick back and register an upstroke. I played both PS2 Guitar Hero games this way, and the SG was fine. I reeeeally don't want to have to change my play style just because the controllers suck. Is the Les Paul better about this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had the same problem.....i put my HD in my friend's 360 and downloaded things, and they didnt show up when i put my HD back in my 360..... i redownloaded the tracks through the game itself, not the 360 dashboard, and they showed up, and i havent had any problems since

"And shepards we shall be, for thee, my Lord, for thee. Power from hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patri et Fili Spiritu Sancte"

drwily008: A kodiak bear bent on world domination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DLC is linked between 2 things. Your Live Account and Xbox Console.

If you dl stuff on a friends xbox/your hard drive. You will have to be logged into live in order to play them.

If you dl stuff on your xbox/your hard drive. You don't have to be logged into live in order to play them.

I doubt the GH tracks are going to work at all.