Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Esnipe query

I just got this message on logging in to Esnipe:

Attention eSnipe user!

To protect your account, we have removed your eBay password from our system. The eBay bidding ID and/or password you have on file at eSnipe is no longer valid. You need to edit the account below to match both the user name and password that you currently use on eBay before you will be allowed to enter any bids using your eSnipe account.
    I have not changed any of my ebay passwords - so what's the deal here? Does this mean esnipe got hacked, and the ebay id details were compromised? As such, should I be changing my ebay passwords?!

Anyone know anything more about this?? I haven't used it for a while, so this may have been something that happened a while ago ..
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just logged into check, and it never mentions that at all. Maybe something on the uK side of things?

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

That's why I stick with AuctionSniper, never a problem and I've never paid them a penny in 3+ years of usuage. (I just keep finding people to sign up under me then everyone gets free snipes)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, I checked and it seems that Esnipe changed my passwords to dormant indicators, presumably because I haven't used it for a while. Pity they couldn't have just made that a bit clearer in the message when I logged in.

I have no problem with esnipe. I generally use it for non-dollar auctions so the max. I pay is $1 if I win. And I am generally bidding for things that I am entirely happy to pay $1 if I win them ...

I used Goofbay sniper for a little while, but then it screwed up and missed loads of auctions, so I ditched it. Am happy to pay for a good service!
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous