Thread: Anybody understand chinese?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody understand chinese?

Does anyone understand Chinese or at least can get a basic idea of what they're saying? All the online translation sites I know terribly suck, though they did confirm the title's words. I'm an avid Contra collector, and I just came across some game that has Contra in the title (as well as in the Chinese/Japanese writing). Normally, I'd tap it off as some cheap knock-off, but the more you look at the screenshots, the more it seems to be Contra. It has the classic Contra jump, Spread Gun and Snowfield, Jungle and Energy Zone/Hangar setting.

Here's the link: http://mig.com.cn/mig/show.php?itemid=88

Ed Oscuro, this calls out to you, too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MIG is a publisher of games for cell phones in China. I just did a quick google search and come across a couple of sites that had it for download. I won't link them here for obvious reasons, but if you want to check out the game, it should be easy to find.
    Last edited by Neil Koch; 02-07-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I sent a PM regarding it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BUMP. I still need the help. I hope someone who knows it can help...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wow, that's gotta be a first. It probably runs on hardware that isn't even approved for use in the US, though, like the majority of cellphone games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It should work on a Java file previewer, though, in which I'd gather the info on it. However, the Chinese thing is just beyond me and I need help.

Anyway, the word Konami is within the page, so I take it Konami knows about the game, too or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was told the sub-title on the game literally translated is "Unstoppable Force".

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Google's translation program seems alright. Here's what it provided:

CONTRA invincible Hundouluo return
    Hundouluo back! Touched countless phone will be re-opened in the currently authorized Beijing KONAMI hands MiG responsible for the development of the latest version of mobile phones has been a grand Hundouluo listed, let us quickly to experience this extraordinary charm of the Super erupted!

Background stories: the Year 2066, the earth was unknown biological invasion, the military lost a joint Earth Blown away, on the verge of dying in humans when a spacecraft in space have arrived, out now before you is the years of occult Hundouluo soldiers!

After the game get started feeling really extraordinary quality, such as micro-manipulation actions details and KONAMI Hundouluo do not have the slightest distinction, for the entire level of the domestic mobile phone games there has indeed been a qualitative leap.
    With substantial role in the improvement of control, action special effects, game modes, level design, AI, as well as interface design, such as the subtle style of a place to do "minor issues while major details of perfect casting," the official game proved the old saying, .

"Hundouluo invincible Hard" is a horizontal version of shooting game, the overall feeling similar to that of the MD Hundouluo.
    From the beginning of the Space Shuttle an emergency landing (like KONAMI always like to use aircraft for landing Hundouluo to do titles, the PS2 is still Hundouluo aircraft landing) to the rained bullets on the enemy and hit out at the yellow Pengjian debris from the destruction of the enemy's combat units when the explosion effects to the customs clearance at the end of the fourth "Leshan" I am completely BOSS reminiscent of that of the FC Hundouluo Although there is no penetration, but the high screen and games many of the MD Hundouluo.
    "Hundouluo invincible Hard" Scene screen background, the prospects of choice gives the impression quite uncomfortable, it highlights the hurdles scenes atmosphere.scenes player in the game can see, I believe that by moving a little bit and we have absolutely not only the power of the game scenes to personal feeling quite dazzling gorgeous and enhanced the level of flu, showing bright prospects for the high and low-level change is also abundant.

Game characters modeling, realistic movements are vivid. The enemy's also quite good shape, contour shape enemies are very clear. Also set the enemy AI is very rich, attacking movements are smooth trajectory rich set cleverly refined AI.

To prove this view, personal experience of a specially re-FC version Hundouluo, games feeling really quite good. Special effects in the game are also shown, but very unique, which runs unexploded enemy Chongcou results will be very good. Shooter in the performance of commonly used methods BOSS has also been carrying out a thorough.

Level design for the game is a real test of the other areas are excellent, but checkpoints set up simple repetition is certainly not a good game.Enemy combatant units in the portfolio are in the scene, placing reasonable prospects for the building, and obstructed and practical props in the game the appropriate placement of these barriers are the touchstone of playability. Remember that FC Tankedaizhan, gold, and later the PC RTS "Jiang Jing," "Star" and other games are self hurdles map this option, other people do not know the views of this function, Hundouluo The level design is the overall feeling pretty exciting, each hurdle audience gave a new feeling, the excitement of shooting experience here will be the most primitive reduction.

Generally speaking this action Hundouluo works easily manipulated, rich game effects, the story brought to a conclusion, along with the ingenious barriers set up to the game on the real meaning of the rich, in fact, are just a beginning, a Layer it to new heights.
    We believe that in the days after the MiG-developers will be to create a section of the audience rang out to meet the expectations of the broad masses!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, god, I need to get that game! That's definitely Contra! Hundouluo is what you get when you translate the Japanese writing of Contra at times. if anyone has any idea, I'd really appreciate it.

God, to think I'd miss out on such a Contra game....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE: It turns out that this is in fact an official Konami game and not some cheap pirate...

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yup. It mentions in the translated article that MIG developed this game in association with Konami.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there any Konami subordinate I can contact for more info? Contacting MIG is an impossibility...